Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Vikings told Dalvin Cook they are releasing him
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-18-2023
Interested?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:41 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But that’s largely because the best RBs were the ones who were tagged and thus didn’t get to hit the open market.

The gap between Saquon and Sanders is huge.
Is it though? I mean in relation to winning?

I'm not sure.

Henry is the best by far in his generation, and has it mattered?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:43 PM 07-18-2023
I'm pretty sure RB is the only position where the franchise tag number has actually gone down in recent years.
[Reply]
Bump 03:55 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Is it though? I mean in relation to winning?

I'm not sure.

Henry is the best by far in his generation, and has it mattered?
he carried them, along with a good defense, to the AFC championship game once. But then they got Mahomes'd
[Reply]
wazu 03:56 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But that’s largely because the best RBs were the ones who were tagged and thus didn’t get to hit the open market.

The gap between Saquon and Sanders is huge.
Guess we'll see. They are the same age. Sanders YPC is 5.0. Saquon's is 4.5. They are both outstanding receiving threats although Sanders wasn't used that way the last few years in the Eagle offense. Sanders was over 1200 yards on the ground last year, Saquon 1300.

I think perception is Saquon is better and I tend to agree, but how much more is a team going to pay him when they can get Miles Sanders for the deal they got him on?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:57 PM 07-18-2023
Hey everyone in this thread check the Pacheco thread
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:59 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
You like past production (e.g., Hopkins) like fat kids like cake.
Ok, fair. Actually, thank you for noticing! I don't get into a lot of fiery arguments with other members around here so I guess I feel like I'm mostly posting into the void and fail to realize others would recognize me, but hey, just made a new friend!

That's true, I do lean towards past production because I think you know what you're getting from a vet typically, and draft picks are a a lot more hit or miss by nature.

For instance, I think MVS and James will lead our WR core in production this year based on previous production, but I hope that our young core takes over by EOY.

Good looking out Skyy!
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:01 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
You either care about labor being exploited or you don’t.
I'm as big a lib as anyone on this board (DC excluded) and this post is bullshit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:02 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Well... Fuck.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:03 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Well... ****.
Do it Veach!
[Reply]
wazu 04:13 PM 07-18-2023
That sucks, but doesn't move the meter for me on this topic unless we get vibes Pacheco may be actually out long term. If it's just first 6 games, the team can just lean more on CEH and McKinnon in the first part of the season, kinda like last year.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:13 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OR: you can sign McKinnon for pennies, and he'll score more TD's than both combined.

I ain't paying RB's.
I also think McKinnon's contributions last year were way under hyped. Dude was our #3 WR last year.

Edit: The flip-side to the above stat is that Mahomes out rushed McKinnon 358 to 291 with 11 less carries
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:14 PM 07-18-2023
I'm actually extremely excited to see what Prince can do
[Reply]
wazu 04:17 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I also think McKinnon's contributions last year was way under hyped. Dude was like our #2 WR last year.
And a beast in pass pro.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:04 PM 07-18-2023
Look, the current game is like this - if you need to ride a running back bell-cow style because your QB sucks then, ok. But you know it's a time bomb. He ain't gonna last long. Smart teams split carries to lessen the load and extend their careers. Dumb teams run their guy into the ground. Either way, it's not a wise use of big cap dollars. They're either part time players, or unlikely to last through a second contract. A guy like Henry is a rare exception.

Now, are they underpaid? I don't really think so. It's either a huge risk, or you're paying for a part time player. Are other positions overpaid? Absolutely. WR's are way overpaid, as teams seem to think they can carry second rate QB's to the SB. I don't think that's been proven. Your QB is either one of the five or so elite guys or he isn't. Are corners overpaid? Under the current rules, absolutely. There's no such thing as a shutdown corner in this NFL. I wouldn't pay a boundary corner a second contract either. I might for a chess piece type of player, like Sneed.
[Reply]
TEX 05:07 PM 07-18-2023
I'm actually extremely excited to see what Prince can do
I learned to not get excited over an unsung running back, that's supposed to do special things, way back in the Jesse Haynes days.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up