ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 315
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:28 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hey man you just need to coach better

the fact that cam heyward and danielle hunter are recording 4.4% of their real life production is just bad coaching
damn bro apparently we suck at coaching
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 12-16-2019
Just keep shovelin' over here in League 2.

Gonna see just how much difference scheme can make because man, this defense suuuuuucks (Though my Ward/Ward/Harris CB setup is pretty nice). Shoulda just grabbed a team from the start...
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:29 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Danielle Hunter 14.5 sacks last season and 13.5 so far this season only has one sack in sandbox. its safe to say sacks are broken as ****
why do you post 2019 numbers? Sim doesnt care...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 12-17-2019
Danielle Hunter 14.5 sacks last season and 13.5 so far this season only has one sack in sandbox. its safe to say sacks are broken as fuck
I think y'all are still underestimating the impact of hindsight on this sim.

Think of how few sacks truly good starting lineman give up. Even BAD starting lineman aren't giving up a sack every game.

By and large it's backup quality guys that are getting smoked most weeks. And not only did we have an opportunity to sift through ONLY starting caliber lineman, we got to pick from the top 75% since we have 24 teams vs. 32.

The numbers may be a little low (especially since some guys like Ford, Mack and Donald are getting figures in-line with what you might expect), but I think we need to acknowledge that OL play is MUCH better in this sim given the fact that we knew the performance of these linemen before we drafted them, we had a bunch of surplus players AND we were able to backfill with quality depth because again, we KNEW what happened.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:25 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think y'all are still underestimating the impact of hindsight on this sim.

Think of how few sacks truly good starting lineman give up. Even BAD starting lineman aren't giving up a sack every game.

By and large it's backup quality guys that are getting smoked most weeks. And not only did we have an opportunity to sift through ONLY starting caliber lineman, we got to pick from the top 75% since we have 24 teams vs. 32.

The numbers may be a little low (especially since some guys like Ford, Mack and Donald are getting figures in-line with what you might expect), but I think we need to acknowledge that OL play is MUCH better in this sim given the fact that we knew the performance of these linemen before we drafted them, we had a bunch of surplus players AND we were able to backfill with quality depth because again, we KNEW what happened.
Doesn't explain why a bunch of no names are on the top of the sack list. If anything those guys shouldn't be getting sacks
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:35 AM 12-17-2019
Doesn't explain why a bunch of no names are on the top of the sack list. If anything those guys shouldn't be getting sacks
Its because the good players are getting double teamed and their counter part is benefiting.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:46 AM 12-17-2019
I've been coaching Ryan Kerrigan up on his technique. It's really paying off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 12-17-2019
I wouldn't say there are 'no-names'.

Kerrigan has been a good player for a long time. He's also an OLB so I suspect he's getting sent on blitzes a LOT. And you can have a 'scheme' win on a blitz.

Ford, Mack and Donald seems about right. Littleton and Brown are LBs who are also getting sent on blitzes.

Mario Addison is the only 'odd' name in there but he's been low-key among the most consistent pass-rushers in football over the last 3-4 years. He's not a great player, but he's a pretty solid pass rusher.

Just seems to me like the game plays pretty correctly in that a team that has 5 solid starting caliber OL ISN'T going to give up much pressure at all to 4 man fronts. How often does a team truly just send 4 and get there with their DL?

It happens, but it's gonna happen a LOT less in a league that starts 120 offensive lineman instead of 160 AND gives you the benefit if hindsight in picking who those lineman will be.

You're gonna have to scheme pressure, IMO. Things will change going forward as nobody will know how their OL performed and whether or not they stayed healthy, etc.... So you'll have a more 'true' simulation because you're gonna be playing against teams that are going to have to start dudes who were backups in the NFL or even street free agents. Then you'll have your guys get your numbers.

But expecting DL to just straight up beat quality starters every week at the same rate they are in the NFL against a thinner talent pool is just ignoring the advantages we had in assembling our rosters.
[Reply]
wheeler08 11:06 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been coaching Ryan Kerrigan up on his technique. It's really paying off.
PM me your secret because I made him my top pick once I joined second league lol. I’d never heard of him till this sim!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 AM 12-17-2019
No, DJ. It's bad programming when the sack rate is 4.4% of what it was in real life for two elite pass rushers.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:31 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
PM me your secret because I made him my top pick once I joined second league lol. I’d never heard of him till this sim!
Well, to be honest I've been 'filming documentaries' at other teams' practices. But it works.

Hmm, we should make that an optional additional purchase for the game.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:36 AM 12-17-2019
I've played this baseball sim on and off for the last 15 years. https://www.csfbl.com/index.html

I've found that I enjoy the quirks of it that don't fully align with what happens in the MLB. It'd be pretty boring if this game were as simple as drafting or signing dudes whose previous real NFL season was great.

Maybe the programming needs refined, it probably does...however, it's also entirely possible that you aren't putting your sackmasters in the best possible position to succeed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 AM 12-17-2019
That's literally not an option in gameplanning. All I can control is the percentage of snaps they play.

It's not like I play them half the time, or play DEs at OLB. FFS.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:54 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's literally not an option in gameplanning. All I can control is the percentage of snaps they play.

It's not like I play them half the time, or play DEs at OLB. FFS.
Your secondary barely even qualifies as 'bad'. It's friggen trash.

And you're complaining that down linemen aren't able to get to the quarterback in the 1.5 seconds it takes for one of your scrub-ass corners to lose coverage?

"RAWR!!! WHY AREN'T MY WASHED UP CORNERS AND BACKUPS CREATING COVERAGE SACKS FOR JASON PIERRE PAUL!!!!"

I'd imagine watching your defense right now is about like watching the Chiefs vs. the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

For the record, JPP didn't even qualify as a GOOD pass-rusher last season when viewing his advanced metrics. He was adequate at best. That dude just isn't very good.

So you're running one genuine asset at end in Clark (who again, by advanced metrics was a good but not elite pass rusher) a mostly replacement level guy in JPP and a bad set of aging CBs and grousing that you're not getting sacks when every owner in this league had the benefit of hindsight and a deep talent pool in assembling their OL.

Myles Garrett was genuinely elite last season and Ngakoue was slightly better than Clark - I have 4 sacks out of the 2 of them COMBINED (1 sack from Garrett is a far greater injustice than anything you're wailing about and that's w/ a deep secondary) and you don't hear me bitching like a kid with a skinned knee.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:55 AM 12-17-2019
the game is only like this at the moment, the farther we get into the game it wont be us drafting based on previous seasons. We'll be having rookie drafts without them ever playing a snap
[Reply]
Page 162 of 315
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up