« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:57 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think I was one of the few guys who doesn't mind the pick and just thought he'd need time. But as DJ said it's the chemistry that looks off. His calling card was he beats you early, has good hands and good YAC. Basically Rice without the contested catch ability and a little more long speed. To this point we've really not seen any of that minus maybe the Chargers game.

Maybe it'll click but to be honest they used Rice almost exclusively in the slot against the Lions it looks like, and he looked far more the part, especially scrambling. Pretty soon he's going to need to, and will, take Moore's snaps there and I think then the writing is on the wall.

I know people hate digs at Veach, I get it, but we really need Rice to hit because MEH, Hardman and Moore right now isn't a great record.

Would love Moore to prove my initial thoughts right but there you go, probably a swing and a miss.
He's the last guy Mahomes wants to throw to. I absolutely believe the chemistry thing. I think his skiyle or skill set throws Mahomes off a little bit. He has a solid first step then plateaus almost instantly but can cut on a dime. You almost have to put your full focus on him to gauge him. Problem is Mahomes never looks at one guy for that long unless he's an elite player. So even when Moore wins Mahomes already looked him off.

Rice sparkles in the open field, it's special. It makes Mahomes want to get him the ball. Guys who can take a short pass a long way are a QB's best friend.

It doesn't help Skyy is a dork.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:10 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
He's the last guy Mahomes wants to throw to. I absolutely believe the chemistry thing. I think his skiyle or skill set throws Mahomes off a little bit. He has a solid first step then plateaus almost instantly but can cut on a dime. You almost have to put your full focus on him to gauge him. Problem is Mahomes never looks at one guy for that long unless he's an elite player. So even when Moore wins Mahomes already looked him off.

Rice sparkles in the open field, it's special. It makes Mahomes want to get him the ball. Guys who can take a short pass a long way are a QB's best friend.

He doesn't seem the sharpest guy. Sometimes that matters, sometimes it doesn't. The most disappointing thing for me is he was a YAC monster in college (yes in a small school) like Rice but that hasn't converted at all. None of the wiggle or tackle-breaking ability has crossed over, at all. He SHOULD have worked if that had happened but they obviously projected incorrectly.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:56 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The comp was Antonio Brown :-)

At this point we might consider giving him a call, because his last season is better than anything Skyy might ever put together based on his current trajectory.
Gotta push back on this. People were only saying that because of where he went to school. One of the criticisms of the pick initially was "If he played in the MAC then he better damn well have the greatest numbers in the history of college football and he just doesn't have that" so people came back with, "Look at Antonio Brown and where he came from."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:08 AM 09-09-2023
Maybe putting up mediocre numbers in the MAC is kinda damning afterall.

But all those broken tackles!!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:05 AM 09-09-2023
Was he known for broken tackles? I don’t follow college ball.

If so, that is not a translatable skill for an undersized WR. The idea that a 5’10 190 lbs WR would consistently break tackles at the NFL level is absurd.
[Reply]
TEX 08:10 AM 09-09-2023
I think I was one of the few guys who doesn't mind the pick and just thought he'd need time. But as DJ said it's the chemistry that looks off. His calling card was he beats you early, has good hands and good YAC. Basically Rice without the contested catch ability and a little more long speed. To this point we've really not seen any of that minus maybe the Chargers game.

Maybe it'll click but to be honest they used Rice almost exclusively in the slot against the Lions it looks like, and he looked far more the part, especially scrambling. Pretty soon he's going to need to, and will, take Moore's snaps there and I think then the writing is on the wall.

I know people hate digs at Veach, I get it, but we really need Rice to hit because MEH, Hardman and Moore right now isn't a great record.

Would love Moore to prove my initial thoughts right but there you go, probably a swing and a miss.
Yes. And at this time in their respective careers, Hardman showed much more than Moore.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:55 AM 09-09-2023

At least one of these kids are going to hit. At least one.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:30 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:

Moore's had two full training camps with Mahomes, as well as the entire season last year and the whole postseason run. If they don't connect and Mahomes isn't looking his way, what's the problem?

We don't know what goes on at the practice facility for sure. Does Moore not put in the work? Does he not have the sort of bought-in attitude that high performing organizations demand? Does he just not 'get it' at this point? Will we see progress at any point?

No one knows, but things are shaping up like it will be a season long competition for snaps, and laying eggs like he did on Thursday night is not going to stand for long.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:31 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Gotta push back on this. People were only saying that because of where he went to school. One of the criticisms of the pick initially was "If he played in the MAC then he better damn well have the greatest numbers in the history of college football and he just doesn't have that" so people came back with, "Look at Antonio Brown and where he came from."
Any time you point out that a guy's success was against inferior competition, someone rolls out "but did you know other people from small schools have succeeded before?"

Yeah, obviously, but those are the exceptions.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:33 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Moore's had two full training camps with Mahomes, as well as the entire season last year and the whole postseason run. If they don't connect and Mahomes isn't looking his way, what's the problem?

We don't know what goes on at the practice facility for sure. Does Moore not put in the work? Does he not have the sort of bought-in attitude that high performing organizations demand? Does he just not 'get it' at this point? Will we see progress at any point?

No one knows, but things are shaping up like it will be a season long competition for snaps, and laying eggs like he did on Thursday night is not going to stand for long.
He may just not get it, but all reports are that he works extremely hard.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:37 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The comp was Antonio Brown :-)

At this point we might consider giving him a call, because his last season is better than anything Skyy might ever put together based on his current trajectory.
This is a joke I hope. Calling Brown would be the all time stupid thing and franchise did ever.

Maybe we should trade Mahomes and sign Kapernick while we are going full on stupid.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:05 AM 09-09-2023
The CEH of wide receivers.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:08 AM 09-09-2023
Only reason Veach passed on Pickens was due to the perceived character issues. If that were Dorsey making the pick, Pickens would be a chief. Talent always should have the upper hand. Never overthink it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:12 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Any time you point out that a guy's success was against inferior competition, someone rolls out "but did you know other people from small schools have succeeded before?"

Yeah, obviously, but those are the exceptions.
But that's not a comp like Hammock said.

People comp'd Mahomes coming out of college to Favre. Since he's been in the league, I and a few others have comp'd Pacheco to Marion Barber. Those are actual player comps.

If I say, "Sylvester Morris was an HBCU WR, just like Jerry Rice" I'm not fucking comping him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Was he known for broken tackles? I don’t follow college ball.

If so, that is not a translatable skill for an undersized WR. The idea that a 5’10 190 lbs WR would consistently break tackles at the NFL level is absurd.
Whaaaaaaaaat?

You don't say....
[Reply]
Page 206 of 280
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Up