ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 488
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:02 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Isn’t edge rusher supposed to be the best/deepest position in this year’s draft?
One of them, yes. WR is very deep as well.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:03 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Chiefs aren’t going to have the cap space to keep taking big swings.

Veach already said in his presser that they wouldn’t be very active in the first week of FA.
This kinda feels like 2019 when we traded for Frank Clark
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 03-16-2022
Chandler Jones is going to be 33 and has 11.5 sacks in the last 3 years; half of them in one game
Randy Gregory has 16.5 sacks in his career
Za’Darius Smith just had back surgery

Why would we not simply sign Melvin Ingram for significantly less if we want that? Seriously. Just bc teams have money to throw around doesn’t make them better than us.

There’s a lot of time left and like some of us said from the beginning, we want young healthy hungry players not injured old ones that will cost.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And maybe that is the plan. Actually that probably is the plan.

And if it is, that’s fine, and smart.
It's absolutely what I want them to do.

So how are Za'Darius Smith at that cap hit and Bilal Nichols at his not part of that?

I have ZERO interest in big contracts for defensive players. Haven't for quite some time. Was largely ambivalent towards re-signing vs. trading Jones - was fine he came back on a good contract, would've been fine with a philosophical shift there as well.

But damn man, they gotta get started. Maybe it's Rasheem Green and Arden Key. There are still options that can take their DL from arguably the worst in football to firmly average. They're not fucked here.

Not yet.

But fucked isn't far.
[Reply]
Balto 03:05 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No.

Cox is 32 years old and sporting a $15 million cap charge. Now most of that cap charge is from a previous restructure so if we acquire him, his hit is about $2 million on our books.

But the Eagles already have 3 1st rounds picks and aren't acting like a team looking to rebuild, especially since they have cap space already. So unless they're getting a 1st rounder back, they have no motivation to trade Cox.

And there's just no way I'm giving a 1st or even a 2nd round pick for a 32 yr old DT who peaked 4 years ago.
Have em throw in Lane Johnson to fix RT lol
[Reply]
In58men 03:05 PM 03-16-2022
WR Jarvis Landry will visit the Atlanta Falcons, per sources
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
So none of these deals are official until Friday?

Safe to assume the cap space would have to be available on Friday/day of signing though, correct?
Correct.

I believe you can then go back over the cap at some point; maybe around draft time. Then you have to be back under by the beginning of camp.

So really it's not difficult to do this stuff. You have have to have an understanding with the player and the agent. It's why you so rarely see these flips - you think Jerrah is going to be doing any favors for Randy Gregory's agent anytime soon? I suspect he will not.

Most agents aren't willing to torch that kind of capital.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:07 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Correct.

I believe you can then go back over the cap at some point; maybe around draft time. Then you have to be back under by the beginning of camp.

So really it's not difficult to do this stuff. You have have to have an understanding with the player and the agent. It's why you so rarely see these flips - you think Jerrah is going to be doing any favors for Randy Gregory's agent anytime soon? I suspect he will not.

Most agents aren't willing to torch that kind of capital.
Got it, thanks. I quit paying attention to this part of the process a while back.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:08 PM 03-16-2022
I would be perfectly fine with this scenario:

- Sign JuJu to a one year prove it deal
- Draft edge in Round 1 and 2
- Draft corner in Round 3 (including the comp pick)
- Draft running back in Round 4
[Reply]
BossChief 03:09 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If we dont grab Von Miller, ARob or at a minimum Juju/Landry this place is gonna freak out.
Only the usual suspects will.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:11 PM 03-16-2022
Za'Darius Smith is the first FA off the board that I really thought was an option for the Chiefs. I'm mildly surprised at the deal he took, considering the Chiefs simply restructuring Kelce would have created enough space to fit that in if it was a matter of timing. (But maybe the years were too many for them).

I'm not surprised they didn't swing at Jones or Miller.

I'm interested to see the plan from here, though.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:12 PM 03-16-2022
Do we have all of our 2023 picks or have we traded any?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:12 PM 03-16-2022
Veach doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would give a 4 year deal to an almost 30 year old DE with a back injury.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:13 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Do we have all of our 2023 picks or have we traded any?
I believe we have them all plus the extra comp 3rd. And we’ll likely have more comp picks as well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:13 PM 03-16-2022
Offseason speculation processing:

Pound the table for FA/Trades
Devalue moves that other teams make
Justify Frank Clark coming back while remaining hopeful
Elevate bargain bin players who weren't on your radar a day ago
THE DRAFT was the plan all along like you wanted
Go to another AFCCG
???
Profit
[Reply]