ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 488
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 08:46 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Anyone else think we will end up resigning Bashaud Breeland.

Would make sense to me as he knows our system well and will be very cheap.
No, he is not good anymore
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:50 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by :
Cowboys re-signed DE Randy Gregory to a five-year, $70 million contract.

Gregory missed all of 2019 and some of 2020 because of an indefinite suspension but immediately made an impact upon returning. He recorded 3.5 sacks across 10 games in 2020 and picked up another six while playing a rotational role last year. He also forced three fumbles while adding four TFLs last year. Despite the missed time, Gregory hasn't lost a step as a high-impact player. The massive deal from Dallas also ensures that he will take on a larger role in 2022.
Dallas is reeruned.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:50 AM 03-15-2022

Cowboys are re-signing DE Randy Gregory to a five-year, $70 million deal that includes $28 million guaranteed, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If there’s only $28 million guaranteed then there’s a TON of fake money in that deal. I’m betting it’s more like 3/$30
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:53 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Man Trent Baalke needs to be shit canned. He's literally been overpaying about 5m per on EVERY ****ing deal he's done. It's like active self-sabotage man. And after blowing the cap on absolute garbage he's now letting some of their best talents get cut/walk lol.
Baalke makes Ryan Pace look smart. Not an easy task.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:54 AM 03-15-2022

Who are the top free agents still available?@sheilkapadia ranks the best names still looking for a new deal.

No. 4: Tyrann Mathieu
No. 6: Von Miller
No. 9: Allen Robinson
No. 15: Stephon Gilmorehttps://t.co/QtZF396fh0

— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 03-15-2022
What woudl it theoretically take to get Von?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Who the fuck knows at this point. I saw reports before FA that he was wanting up to $20 million a season. My guess is it would be between the Broncos and the Rams anyways.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 08:58 AM 03-15-2022
What am I missing with Juju here? It seems like the ideal fit for us and him?

We need a good #2 guy that excels in the short and midrange areas.

Well... thats him
Like ARob and any other WR interested in a multi-year deal, his agent will obviously have to waste his time first, being told by a bunch of GMs that the Jags' stupidity isn't gonna net his client a bunch of extra millions, before he ends up signing.

TLDR - fucking Jags.

Not that there's any rush in UFA. The best contracts usually aren't signed on the first day.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:59 AM 03-15-2022
Who knows... he's 32 and looking at his last chance really to make a big $ contract. He can pick his spot, just depends if he wants to make good money and go somewhere to win a ring or make great money with the hope of being in position to get a third ring.

I know many in Denver want him back, but I don't know that I want them to pay top dollar for him. I hope the rumors are true that Denver wants to pursue Chandler Jones, but they're about the same age... so who knows.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract...de-linebacker/
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Who knows... he's 32 and looking at his last chance really to make a big $ contract. He can pick his spot, just depends if he wants to make good money and go somewhere to win a ring or make great money with the hope of being in position to get a third ring.

I know many in Denver want him back, but I don't know that I want them to pay top dollar for him.
The thing is, once you get into late January, you need that guy. You need ass kickers to win in the playoffs against good teams.

But to get thru the season, you need depth. It's a tough balance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dallas is reeruned.
Eh.

If there's only $28 million in guarantees then you're probably looking at something like a $20 million signing bonus and base salaries of $3, 5, and 8 over the first 3 years w/ some salary guarantees in years 1 and 2. Base figures of maybe $16 and $18 in the last 2 years that can be jettisoned w/ the dead money.

So 3/$30 probably isn't right, more like 3/$36.

I mean yeah, that's stout for a soon to be 30 yr old DE w/ significant off-field concerns, but it's not quite as stupid as 5/$70 in a vacuum.

I mean it's not as reeruned as 5/$104 w/ $62 million guaranteed or anything...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Like ARob and any other WR interested in a multi-year deal, his agent will obviously have to waste his time first, being told by a bunch of GMs that the Jags' stupidity isn't gonna net his client a bunch of extra millions, before he ends up signing.

TLDR - fucking Jags.

Not that there's any rush in UFA. The best contracts usually aren't signed on the first day.
Yeah - just sit back and let the bad teams with insane amounts of cap space shoot their wads.

Absolutely nothing to be gained by jumping into the mix w/ the Jaguars on these guys. If your opponent is going to make a mistake, don't interrupt them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:05 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh.

If there's only $28 million in guarantees then you're probably looking at something like a $20 million signing bonus and base salaries of $3, 5, and 8 over the first 3 years w/ some salary guarantees in years 1 and 2. Base figures of maybe $16 and $18 in the last 2 years that can be jettisoned w/ the dead money.

So 3/$30 probably isn't right, more like 3/$36.

I mean yeah, that's stout for a soon to be 30 yr old DE w/ significant off-field concerns, but it's not quite as stupid as 5/$70 in a vacuum.

I mean it's not as reeruned as 5/$104 w/ $62 million guaranteed or anything...
I think it's more retarded to give this dude any kind of a long term deal. Unless they have a bunch of outs in it due to off the field issues.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:

TLDR - fucking Jags.

Except for Reid :-)
[Reply]
Page 60 of 488
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up