ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 488
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Are we playing patty-cake with Robinson, or are we waiting until Friday when Mahomes can be restructured?

They could have re-worked Thuney, and haven't.

I've heard Hill may not get done until summer.

Not sure how they are getting anyone without space.
Everyone is technically waiting until Friday when the league year opens.

Right now they're just 'agreeing to terms'.

Except for the Chiefs. They're burning cap space on Frank Clark and getting their backup QB signed.

And don't get me wrong, I still think we're a favorite out of the AFC. I just don't think there's anyway to argue that we are still the favorite.

We've lost ground to every significant contender in the conference this off-season.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:48 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. It sucks but we need to be prepared to wait another 3 weeks to see how this all comes together. All we know right now is that they aren't done.
Certainly hope not considering they haven't started.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:48 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Sounds like we'll most certainly be drafting a LT with our first pick. Veach rarely heads into the draft with a gaping hole at a position, so this is foreign territory.

Even if we do get a Clowney or someone like that.... is that really a top-tier starter?
Fixed. This is what we thought after missing out on Trent Williams last year.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:48 PM 03-16-2022
There is going to be a riot if we don't land 1 or 2 recognizable names in FA.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:49 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Certainly hope not considering they haven't started.

I know that’s the narrative, but it’s simply not true.

They made one of the best signings, arguably the best when you consider the cost.

Veach is selective. He isn’t going to sign or draft a position. It’s going to be a player, and usually that player is going to check certain boxes.

All this tells me so far is that even a huge need at EDGE isn’t going to make Veach overpay for a 30+ year old vet.

He will be patient and get his guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:50 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
There is going to be a riot if we don't land 1 or 2 recognizable names in FA.
Recognizable by who? Give me a Key and Carter/Armstrong duo and I’d be happy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:50 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't mind not getting anything done with Robinson either.

But what I do mind is that we seem to be trying to keep powder dry for SOMEBODY and in the meantime guys are starting to sign for below expected $$$. Guys who could really help this roster.

So who are we keeping this powder dry for. There doesn't seem to be anybody left that would take an enormous chunk of it. Moreover, if it were several smaller chunks, we'd see those signing trickling in. Or at least news that we've 'agreed to terms' to be finalized after the league year starts and bonuses are shifted around.

Something is awry here.
All of the top tier pass rushers in this free agency are either up there in age or have injury concerns. It sucks but as others have mentioned I'll wait and see how it plays out.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:50 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Everyone is technically waiting until Friday when the league year opens.

Right now they're just 'agreeing to terms'.

Except for the Chiefs. They're burning cap space on Frank Clark and getting their backup QB signed.

And don't get me wrong, I still think we're a favorite out of the AFC. I just don't think there's anyway to argue that we are still the favorite.

We've lost ground to every significant contender in the conference this off-season.

Do you need to have space to agree to terms? I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

I know they were $10M over as of this morning, and had to get under almost an hour ago.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:51 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fixed. This is what we thought after missing out on Trent Williams last year.
Very true. We're going to have to swing a trade, which I'm not a huge fan of since we are burning money and picks.

What candidates do you see us making trade for that 1) won't cost a lot of draft capital and 2) won't be expensive against the cap and 3) will be a high-quality starter?

Is there someone worth sending #30 to?

As always, "In Veach We Trust" so I'm sure something will develop.
[Reply]
In58men 02:51 PM 03-16-2022
We’re so desperate we went from wanting Allen Robinson & Chandler Jones to now wanting Julio Jones and Jadeveon Clowney

[Reply]
Iconic 02:52 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Recognizable by who? Give me a Key and Carter/Armstrong duo and I’d be happy.
Yeah I'm not panicking just yet. There's enough guys out there that you can combine two and make the DL competitive, especially after adding talent from the draft as well.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:52 PM 03-16-2022
If we dont grab Von Miller, ARob or at a minimum Juju/Landry this place is gonna freak out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If we dont grab Von Miller, ARob or at a minimum Juju/Landry this place is gonna freak out.
Von Miller isn’t happening. Might as well let that go now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Would you be in favor of trading for Cox and if so do you see Jones+Cox next to each other working?
No.

Cox is 32 years old and sporting a $15 million cap charge. Now most of that cap charge is from a previous restructure so if we acquire him, his hit is about $2 million on our books.

But the Eagles already have 3 1st rounds picks and aren't acting like a team looking to rebuild, especially since they have cap space already. So unless they're getting a 1st rounder back, they have no motivation to trade Cox.

And there's just no way I'm giving a 1st or even a 2nd round pick for a 32 yr old DT who peaked 4 years ago.
[Reply]
In58men 02:54 PM 03-16-2022
I’m telling you, fuck Landry.
[Reply]
In58men 02:54 PM 03-16-2022
I’m telling you, fuck Landry.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 488
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Up