ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 488
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I heard some statistic that only one player drafted 25-50 over the last 15-20yrs had more than 8 sacks in his rookie season (Clay Matthews).

We need a pass rush, folks, and we're not going to be getting an immediate impact edge in the first round at 30.

If Smith is the opening move on Veach's chess board, so be it. Let's see how it all plays out but it's not like anyone can really question the thought process behind it.
No question - its hard to find guys that will finish plays.

But it's not terribly difficult to find guys in the draft that just make things difficult.

Kwity Paye is a perfect example. He had 'only' 4 sacks - less than that pile of suck Frank Clark. But he was extremely impactful. He was someone opponents had to pay attention to and he was still getting pressures/hits.

No, you can't count on a guy coming in and getting 10 sacks. But in the last 1st you can absolutely find someone that will run hot at make things difficult for the opponent and that may be enough to create pressure at other spots on the line as well.

Frankly, we need both. We need a viable veteran edge AND a fireplug rookie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Fisher looked good at left tackle last year. I would do a 1 year deal.
You're high.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:49 AM 03-14-2022
More of the same shit but still.

Sources: Chiefs expected to move on from Frank Clark barring unexpected trade or restructure, Za'Darius Smith, per league sources, is a potential replacement for Clark: https://t.co/i1QPRj5ygL

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 14, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No question - its hard to find guys that will finish plays.

But it's not terribly difficult to find guys in the draft that just make things difficult.

Kwity Paye is a perfect example. He had 'only' 4 sacks - less than that pile of suck Frank Clark. But he was extremely impactful. He was someone opponents had to pay attention to and he was still getting pressures/hits.

No, you can't count on a guy coming in and getting 10 sacks. But in the last 1st you can absolutely find someone that will run hot at make things difficult for the opponent and that may be enough to create pressure at other spots on the line as well.

Frankly, we need both. We need a viable veteran edge AND a fireplug rookie.
The guy many of us wanted last year only had 4 sacks but he was mega-disruptive for the Bills and even had an INT against us.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
What about signing Eric Fisher? Tell Orlando he gets his LT money but he can play RT this year. That would also work well if he was a team player (and I think he would be as he would be our long-term LT).
See this is just asinine.

I mean yeah, you sign Eric Fisher to play LT, but everyone knows that Brown moves inside to G. Then we can move Thuney over to RT after he did so well in relief vs. Cincy when Brown got hurt in warmups.

Gawd.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:50 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of this roster being filled with STs players because Toub wants them.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I agree with this. I wasn’t specifically referring to you.

He’s fine, but absolutely replaceable. Some people act like he’s a core piece to the team or could be a star.

Far from it. He’s a 3/4 WR. He was our second best WR last year, but that’s more of a critique on the rest than it is a compliment to Pringle.

If he wants to come back dirt cheap, I’d welcome him. I don’t think he should though. He should go get every dollar he can.
They're awfully nice to have around...until they cost real money.

You build 'em, you don't buy 'em.

Pringle was a virtually free pickup who got better every year here and forged himself an NFL career. It's easy to see why people root for him. But now you can either retain him cheap or move along.

There's nothing gained by getting in a bidding war for his services.

I agree with all of this. Definitely going to need to bring in at least 2 WR's since we only really have Hill, Hardman, Kemp. Not sure what they think of Fountain.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:51 AM 03-14-2022
@AdamSchefter: Dolphins and Emmanuel Ogbah have reached agreement on a 4-year, $65 million deal that includes $32 million fully guaranteed at signing, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:51 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
jc jackson to the chargers

we are fucked if they don't add a wr
Oh shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:51 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I agree with all of this. Definitely going to need to bring in at least 2 WR's since we only really have Hill, Hardman, Kemp. Not sure what they think of Fountain.
Kemp is gone.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The guy many of us wanted last year only had 4 sacks but he was mega-disruptive for the Bills and even had an INT against us.
Yup. Rousseau is another good example.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:52 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're high.
I was fine with cutting him an moving on. I also would take him back on a 1 year deal if the price was right.

Fisher better than Niang/Wylie.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@AdamSchefter: Dolphins and Emmanuel Ogbah have reached agreement on a 4-year, $65 million deal that includes $32 million fully guaranteed at signing, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus.
Good for Ogbah. Dude deserves it.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:53 AM 03-14-2022
Yup. Rousseau is another good example.
Oweh was the best rookie pass rusher…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:53 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Go get that bag, young bull!

Man - that's a shitload of guarantees. The $65 million isn't all that shocking (Figured $15 million would be about the target mark for him) but I didn't bank on half of it being guaranteed.

Good work by Rosenhaus...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:53 AM 03-14-2022
See this is just asinine.

I mean yeah, you sign Eric Fisher to play LT, but everyone knows that Brown moves inside to G. Then we can move Thuney over to RT after he did so well in relief vs. Cincy when Brown got hurt in warmups.

Gawd.
Why would Orlando play guard? I have no idea what you are talking about.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 488
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up