ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP rockymtnchief
Bwana 08:25 AM 11-08-2021
I was going to wait on this a few days, but under the circumstances, I decided to post this up now. Wes, AKA Hondo passed away late Saturday night. He was like a brother and this one hits pretty hard.
I had a nice talk with his sister yesterday about everything. He was one tough guy and he hung in there for several months longer than the doctor's claimed was possible.

We shared a lot of shooting, beer's ATV rides, and a love of the Chiefs over the years. He was the kind of guy that if he liked you, he would give you the shirt off his back. (In this case literally, I learned he left me all his Chiefs gear) Hondo was the kind of guy to put everyone else first.

I'll have to double check the area for snow level. I'd like to take one last wheeling trip up Bridger Creek this year, dodge the grizzly's that are out trying to get their last meal and stash a bottle of Pendleton at a place on top of the mountain where we used to stop and just BS. I will hoist a shot to the heavens, say a few words and toast him, every time I head up there.

I'll post more stories along with some pictures in the the thread as it moves along.

RIP my brother, you were one of a kind and you will be deeply missed.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:27 AM 11-08-2021
Beautiful tribute, Bwana. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:28 AM 11-08-2021
Sorry for your loss.. RIP..
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:36 AM 11-08-2021
RIP. Seems liked a great person.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 08:39 AM 11-08-2021
So sorry. So many losses for this forum recently. Prayers for all.
[Reply]
notorious 08:40 AM 11-08-2021
The hits just keep coming.

Rest easy, buddy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:42 AM 11-08-2021
Damn, very sorry to hear it

RIP, Wes
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:42 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I was going to wait on this a few days, but under the circumstances, I decided to post this up now. Wes, AKA Hondo passed away late Saturday night. He was like a brother and this one hits pretty hard.
I had a nice talk with his sister yesterday about everything. He was one tough guy and he hung in there for several months longer than the doctor's claimed was possible.

We shared a lot of shooting, beer's ATV rides, and a love of the Chiefs over the years. He was the kind of guy that if he liked you, he would give you the shirt off his back. (In this case literally, I learned he left me all his Chiefs gear) Hondo was the kind of guy to put everyone else first.

I'll have to double check the area for snow level. I'd like to take one last wheeling trip up Bridger Creek this year, dodge the grizzly's that are out trying to get their last meal and stash a bottle of Pendleton at a place on top of the mountain where we used to stop and just BS. I will hoist a shot to the heavens, say a few words and toast him, every time I head up there.

I'll post more stories along with some pictures in the the thread as it moves along.

I will say he was one of the truly 'genuine' humans I'd ever met. I was around him long enough to realize that's his natural 'personality' - truly heartbreaking news. I'm glad he's not suffering now, though.

RIP Wes <3
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:42 AM 11-08-2021
Thats the sort of friend few have and everyone should want.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:52 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:

Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I will say he was one of the truly 'genuine' humans I'd ever met. I was around him long enough to realize that's his natural 'personality' - truly heartbreaking news. I'm glad he's not suffering now, though.

RIP Wes <3
Can't say it better than Bwana and SR. Hondo was a truly great guy, I really enjoyed spending time with him.

RIP.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:53 AM 11-08-2021
I know some of you guys have pictures from various events/games. Please feel free to post them up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:53 AM 11-08-2021
:-)

RIP Wes.

Sounded to me like the dude lived his best life. Always enjoyed our conversations over the years, and the dude owed me nothing at all, but offered to take me 4 wheeling up there, as I'm sure he did others.

I continue to be amazed at how impactful these threads are to me in real life. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 11-08-2021
I only got to meet him one time but that was enough to realize that he was the one the nicest, most genuine dudes I’ve ever met in my life. Wasn’t over the top or boisterous but you knew he was there.

RIP to a great fucking guy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:55 AM 11-08-2021
Beautiful tribute, Bwana.

RIP Wes
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:59 AM 11-08-2021
Didn't know him, but the tribute says it all.

Condolences man, and may he rest in peace.

The older we get, the more things we lose. Just have to do our very best to not become hardened, and embittered.

You begin to think after so many, they would start to hurt less.

But they dont.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up