ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
In Memoriam>RIP Logical (Jim)
Son of Logical 02:39 PM 04-29-2009
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.
[Reply]
Ugly Duck 07:42 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by patteeu:
When he changed his name to Vlad Logicslav (after changing his politics from conservative to liberal)
There was a lot of that going around in the Bush years. We had some epic battles before the Change. A fine man, Vlad....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:23 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Donger:
I liked Jim, although he could never tell when I was being facetious or not.
Two peas in a pod, I suppose...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:26 PM 12-17-2010
I miss Jim. Not only as an excellent forum member but as a person.

Even in his forum persona (in which he was always kind to me), he was a very straight forward and shoot-from-the-hip kinda guy. He didn't hold his punches but IMO, it was often tongue-in-cheek.

He deserved another 50+ years and is sorely missed.
[Reply]
Son of Logical 12:18 AM 12-18-2010
Wow, didn't jump on here expecting to see this thread. I miss him everyday, in one way or another. His family is doing well, his oldest daughter is actually expecting her first born in 2 months or so. He will be the second of my dad's grand kids that will not get the chance to meet him. I am very happy and proud that he was able to meet my son boy before he passed away, he was one proud grandpa. Thanks for all the new and old kind words.

James
[Reply]
JOhn 12:25 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
Jim wasn't nearly as logical as he tried to portray himself to be, but he had a unique ability to remain almost dispassionate while he was beating you down if you displayed what he viewed as dumbassery.

I miss that guy.
THIS.

He was a very compassionate man, and I have a hint that I owe him, more than I realized at the time, for a very special Christmas.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:37 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Titanman64:
Wow, didn't jump on here expecting to see this thread. I miss him everyday, in one way or another. His family is doing well, his oldest daughter is actually expecting her first born in 2 months or so. He will be the second of my dad's grand kids that will not get the chance to meet him. I am very happy and proud that he was able to meet my son boy before he passed away, he was one proud grandpa. Thanks for all the new and old kind words.

James
his spirit lives on in those grandkids....while you're dad had a persona on here, I was prolly one of the few lucky ones to talk to him offline on a couple of occasions...he called me once just out of genuine concern...and helped me in a way that no one ever has before or prolly will since..he's knows what i'm talking about.. he believed in my dream. I'll never forget how excited I was to meet him the first time, but sensed we both felt the comraderie and looked much forward to seeing each the second time when he came to KC for the bash get together at the stadium..when he was SICK. ..That's just the kind of guy he was...like supporting the board..I remember feeling sad seeing him in that condition, and am saddened writing it now.

Thanks for sharing your Dad with us James, you make him proud.
[Reply]
Phobia 01:53 AM 12-18-2010
Yeah, I met him pseudo-healthy once. But then he was so sick the next time I really worried he'd be around another year. Tough old bird hung around another 3-4 years. He was one of a kind - worked his tail off to earn everything the hard way. I hope people say nice things about me when I'm gone. Tons of respect for Jim all across the board whether he dipped into his pocketbook or not.
[Reply]
Frankie 11:53 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Gif Horse:
Jim is now trolling Lamar, Hank and DT 24/7.
And Buck Buchanan, Jim Tyrer, Joe Delaney,....
[Reply]
Frankie 11:58 AM 12-18-2010

James
Good to hear from you James. Say high to the family. But, off topic, I have a small question: Are you really Tarzan?!
:-)
[Reply]
Frankie 12:00 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I hope people say nice things about me when I'm gone.
A bit too optimistic aren't we?
:-)
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 12:04 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I hope people say nice things about me when I'm gone.
I'm sure they'll have a gathering in Springfield to commemorate your life. :-)

James
I never met your dad, but know that if someone left enough of an impact that well-after their passing people are still talking about him...then he was significant. It's awesome that your family is doing well and has so much to celebrate, even if you still go through times of profound grief. Blessings and Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
[Reply]
boogblaster 12:45 PM 12-18-2010
damit .. hate it .. keep on with hopein ..
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:44 PM 12-24-2010
Reading old threads and found this.

Originally Posted by Logical:
I am sick of pathetic little dweebs named joey.
I miss that guy. RIP
[Reply]
WebGem 11:48 PM 12-24-2010
I wonder if Logical, Hank, Lamar and Derrick Thomas are exchanging gifts today.

RIP
[Reply]
Cntrygal 06:59 PM 12-25-2010
:-(
[Reply]
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Up