« First < 422822872912918919920921922 923924925926932 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:03 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Treat your self
Frosty, too? If the after hours trend holds up, I can do it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:22 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Frosty, too? If the after hours trend holds up, I can do it.
I think thats fair and easily reconcilable
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:24 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by :
For the quarter, GAAP earnings per diluted share was $4.93, up 33% from the previous quarter and up 765% from a year ago.
The numbers are sort of outrageous. It's like what you hope happens to some microcap company in a new field that you gamble on. Except Nvidia was already a megacorp
[Reply]
scho63 07:27 PM 02-21-2024
I bought (10) QQQ options with a $427 strike expiring tomorrow at $1.62 each knowing NVDA would make the QQQs surge.

So far looking great. QQQ is around $431.25 AH, making my options worth around $5 at the open tomorrow.

Bought them 40 minutes before todays close.
Attached: Screenshot_20240221-182804.jpg (25.3 KB) 
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 07:54 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
I'm really happy with how NVDA has performed this year. I bought in at $104 and it's already north of $190. Gonna hold on to it for a long time.
Same.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:35 PM 02-22-2024
I hear that it'll likely have a big jump in one direction or the other. It's become my largest holding by a fair bit, so Wednesday is going to be a suspenseful day.
I may go to Wendy's tomorrow and order something off of the regular menu instead of the $5 meal deal.
Okay, I'm going with the triple baconator, large fries, and large frosty, and what the heck, some chicken nuggets on the side. Maybe even one of those little chocolate chip cookies near the register. The Wendy's world is my oyster today.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:49 PM 02-22-2024
Okay, I'm going with the triple baconator, large fries, and large frosty, and what the heck, some chicken nuggets on the side. Maybe even one of those little chocolate chip cookies near the register. The Wendy's world is my oyster today.
You had another winner in Moderna today. Eat some steak and lobster
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:03 PM 02-22-2024
How much this run you? 5-10 years ago this would have been like $9. I fear today you had to drop a cool Jackson.
[Reply]
scho63 06:34 PM 02-22-2024
Sold out my QQQs too early but still got nearly $8,000 on a $1,620 investment for a day
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:19 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
You had another winner in Moderna today. Eat some steak and lobster
Yeah, now I'm only down 30 percent on MRNA. But I was still really happy about the gain and I'm confident that it'll come back. At one point I was up 100% on it before it plummeted, so I'm ready for the next plague.

Man oh man, I was rolling triple 7s on everything today. NVDA, MRNA, AMD, RCL, ANF, and the list goes on. Unless some dead-cat bounce day right after the 2020 shutdown beat it, I'm pretty sure this was my best investing day ever in terms of raw dollar gains.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:21 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How much this run you? 5-10 years ago this would have been like $9. I fear today you had to drop a cool Jackson.
Y'know, after a day like today, I didn't even ask the price. I just handed them my credit card and said, "I don't need a receipt".
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:33 PM 02-22-2024
Wow. NVDA up $110 today. What tf is happening? Lol.

Now I see what y’all are talking about. Would love to have gotten in on that at the ground floor.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:46 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Wow. NVDA up $110 today. What tf is happening? Lol.

Now I see what y’all are talking about. Would love to have gotten in on that at the ground floor.
I historically get in on stuff too late, because the Next Big Thing is always a tech stock these days, and I'm slow to pick up on tech innovations. I got lucky on this one because at some point a few years ago I decided that chips are basic infrastructure and I like infrastructure stocks, so I bought half a dozen chip stocks and this was one of them. My wife's financial advisor had also bought it and I didn't know that, so I inadvertently doubled down. Then ... boom. It took off.

I want to say that it's still got a lot of room for growth, so maybe it's not too late. But then again I have no feel for these things. However, I got into google and amazon late and they've continued to grow. I'm starting to think that following the crowd is a good strategy for tech stocks.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:57 AM 02-23-2024
I actually bought NVDA back in 1999 when it was like $1.50.

But I sold it pretty soon afterward and invested in ELOT overseas gambling stock, which was so low at the end, selling all of it wouldn't even cover my Datek $9.99 trade fee.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:25 AM 02-23-2024
I historically get in on stuff too late, because the Next Big Thing is always a tech stock these days, and I'm slow to pick up on tech innovations. I got lucky on this one because at some point a few years ago I decided that chips are basic infrastructure and I like infrastructure stocks, so I bought half a dozen chip stocks and this was one of them. My wife's financial advisor had also bought it and I didn't know that, so I inadvertently doubled down. Then ... boom. It took off.

I want to say that it's still got a lot of room for growth, so maybe it's not too late. But then again I have no feel for these things. However, I got into google and amazon late and they've continued to grow. I'm starting to think that following the crowd is a good strategy for tech stocks.

Here you go, next NVDA And earnings 2/26 . SKYT $9 right now

Also, heres a private company to IPO soon. Semiconductors production

https://www.asteralabs.com/products/

In February 2024, Astera Labs filed documents to go public. In documents laying out its IPO plans, Astera said its revenue rose 45% to $115.8 million last year while its losses narrowed to $26.3 million from $58.4 million. Buoyed by demand for AI computing, the startup is expected to generate between $250 million and $300 million in revenue this year, The Information previously reported.
[Reply]
Page 922 of 934
« First < 422822872912918919920921922 923924925926932 > Last »
Up