ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Harrison Butker
TLO 11:41 PM 11-06-2022
I'm not the type to overreact, but Butker is starting to worry me a bit.

He needs to be money in games like this one, and he wasn't.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:31 PM 12-18-2022
Anyone blaming an injury is a fool. Butkers problems are mental.

Hold kicker tryouts during the off-season, but we are stuck with him this year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

:-)Dumbassery
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:36 PM 12-18-2022
The replies here suggest we're going to remain on the edge of our seats for everything from XPs to 40-yard FGs for a lot longer. SMH
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:37 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)Dumbassery
Really? So you think he is still injured like 14 weeks later?

There is nothing dumbassery about opening up a kicker competition next offseason... and I like Butker for the most part.

He has to get his mental issues sorted.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:39 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
missing a 51 yarder is not cause for concern
^this^ his misses aren't atrocious, they have been narrow misses. It could be a whole lot worse...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:40 PM 12-18-2022

Dave toub has literally said he will not be 100% this season.

Imagine if the Seahawks were this reactionary and cut Jason myers after a lousy 2021 season.

I don’t know what we’ll do the rest of the season but holy hell it would have to be one hell of a mental breakdown for him to not be our kicjer next year. If he returns to form it would be one of the dumbest decisions in franchise history and I can’t believe people are tripling down on this gamble that is extremely high risk with very high potential to blow up in our face
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:43 PM 12-18-2022

There is nothing dumbassery about opening up a kicker competition next offseason... and I like Butker for the most part.

He has to get his mental issues sorted.
If a big dummy like Sebastian Janikowski can figure his shit out, why not Butker?

Mason Crosby is another one. Dude was the league's worst kicker for like an entire season. He eventually got over it.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:44 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Yes as much as anyone not named Tucker doing so, but if it’s a meaningless PAT, I’m worried.
I can respect that. I definitely would not cut or replace him, but if it’s mental he needs to work through this before the playoffs start. This isn’t the 2019 playoff season where KC blows the doors off of teams. He could very well be counted on to make the game tying or game winning FG and if his mind isn’t right then yikes.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:47 PM 12-18-2022
I'm not on the "omg cut him now!" train. You obviously can't find anyone better right now on the scrap heap.

Personally I think Butker can get his mental issues sorted on Extra Points, which really aren't all that important (yet) anyway. We have Pat to make 2 point conversions if absolutely necessary.

But I refuse to blame injury... it's the fucking weakest excuse.
He's NOT injured if he can make 50 yard kicks, but not 25 yard kicks... that is mental. We saw the extra point issue with him a couple seasons ago, and he overcame it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:49 PM 12-18-2022
I don't know. Toub said a few weeks ago that due to the nature of the sprain Butker might not ever be 100% healed before the end of the season. MAYBE HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH?!?!?

Wouldn't that be shocking.

But here's the deal: Butker is an elite PK, second only to J. Tucker for the last 5 season or so.

in what universe do you throw away an elite player over one not-so-good season? When Pat had a statistically bad year with only 26 TDs and barely 4000 yards, were you onboard with kicking Mahomes to the curb? In 1993, when Derrick Thomas had a statistically off year, would it have been a good idea to get rid of him? Think carefully now, because he had a pair of double-digit sack years ahead of him at that point.

The answer is "no."

Butker has had a bad season, out of six, and five of which he was no doubt the best PK in the NFL not named Justin Tucker, due to injury. But he should heal up fine eventually. You don't get rid of him because of one bad year. Hell, the season isn't even over yet. he could still bounce back this season.

Get a grip.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:53 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If a big dummy like Sebastian Janikowski can figure his shit out, why not Butker?

Mason Crosby is another one. Dude was the league's worst kicker for like an entire season. He eventually got over it.
Totally agree my dude. Butker is an easy target right now, but people need to get over it... he's not going anywhere, and there are no good replacements (like some may have clamored for).

His problems are mental and he will get them figured out, but I'm not blaming a 14 week ankle sprain, lol.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:54 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know. Toub said a few weeks ago that due to the nature of the sprain Butker might not ever be 100% healed before the end of the season. MAYBE HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH?!?!?

Wouldn't that be shocking.

But here's the deal: Butker is an elite PK, second only to J. Tucker for the last 5 season or so.

in what universe do you throw away an elite player over one not-so-good season? When Pat had a statistically bad year with only 26 TDs and barely 4000 yards, were you onboard with kicking Mahomes to the curb? In 1993, when Derrick Thomas had a statistically off year, would it have been a good idea to get rid of him? Think carefully now, because he had a pair of double-digit sack years ahead of him at that point.

The answer is "no."

Butker has had a bad season, out of six, and five of which he was no doubt the best PK in the NFL not named Justin Tucker, due to injury. But he should heal up fine eventually. You don't get rid of him because of one bad year. Hell, the season isn't even over yet. he could still bounce back this season.

Get a grip.
I'm not throwing him away, don't take your anger for others out on my post.
I'm just saying I don't fall for the injury excuse 14 weeks later on a sprained ankle. The dude missed 2097814091238749 extra points a couple years ago... and we still went to the super bowl.

He figured out his mental shit and made big kicks, and I think he will do so again. If not, you look at what you have during the offseason... you do not change kickers as you are about to go into the playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:07 PM 12-18-2022
I'm just saying I don't fall for the injury excuse 14 weeks later on a sprained ankle. The dude missed 2097814091238749 extra points a couple years ago... and we still went to the super bowl.

He figured out his mental shit and made big kicks, and I think he will do so again. If not, you look at what you have during the offseason... you do not change kickers as you are about to go into the playoffs.
Hmm. maybe I clicked on the wrong post, if so, my bad.

But high ankle sprains are a different monster, they can take up to 4 months to heal properly. Had one in HS and even being 17 and in great physical shape it took forever to heal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:08 PM 12-18-2022

I think what fires me up is that most of the reason people are so incensed about this is because he hasn’t been great with XPs. We have a career 90% kicker with range who’s hit so many big kicks… and yet people are so hung up on missing XPs which is an insanely meaningless mistake. It is annoying but changes virtually nothing.

If butker hit his XPs in previous years nobody would be having this conversation about cutting him.

I just can’t comprehend why people are so obsessed with a part of a game that’s for the most part meaningless.
[Reply]
O.city 07:10 PM 12-18-2022
https://twitter.com/dustincolquitt2/...YM1qoUB-rA6ccg
[Reply]
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up