ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 95
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
DaFace 09:37 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The 7th game of the Stanley Cup is one of the greatest things to ever watch. We can all wish for a game 7 right? Am I right?:-)
No thanks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:44 PM 06-18-2022
Yeah, I've been assuming it'll go at least 6, if not 7, but wanting it is a different story at this point, especially up 2 games to none.

As much as I want to watch this team as long as possible, I want them to finish this even more.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:10 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I've been assuming it'll go at least 6, if not 7, but wanting it is a different story at this point, especially up 2 games to none.

As much as I want to watch this team as long as possible, I want them to finish this even more.
The longer the series goes, the more it will favor the Lightning. The Avs need to finish them off as quickly as possible.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:18 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No thanks.
Haha. I guessed not. I wouldn't either if I had skin in the game.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Somebody should remind tampa the game started.
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, this is unexpected.
Really? They looked like shit against the Rangers in the first 2 games. Lethargic, slow etc. Got their ass's kicked and embarrassed. And then they clicked.

Like Daface, I started following when I moved down here. Still don't understand hockey like football. I know what a "B" gap is how to block or exploit it. No clue on hockey's minutiae.

The old timers down here say its a pattern. Look like shit and then turn it on later. Stamkos looks old to me this year. A lot slower. We will see.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:09 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Really? They looked like shit against the Rangers in the first 2 games. Lethargic, slow etc. Got their ass's kicked and embarrassed. And then they clicked.

Like Daface, I started following when I moved down here. Still don't understand hockey like football. I know what a "B" gap is how to block or exploit it. No clue on hockey's minutiae.

The old timers down here say its a pattern. Look like shit and then turn it on later. Stamkos looks old to me this year. A lot slower. We will see.
The big difference is that the Avs are more talented across the board except at goalie. Not saying Tampa can’t win, but they are going to have to play their best series of the playoffs to pull it off.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:16 AM 06-19-2022

Last night's game looked like 2 teams from different leagues playing. Not what I was expecting after they lost in OT the first game. I love playoff hockey so I hope it doesn't end in 4 games.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:56 AM 06-19-2022

While it's true that they came back from 0-2 last series, the advanced metrics suggest that the first two games against the Rangers were actually pretty close (and, in fact, the Bolts may have had an edge). Anything can happen, but I'm feeling pretty confident as an Avs fan.

There's a nice little breakdown here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...orado/icwmbbi/
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:02 AM 06-19-2022

Yeah, the couple things I've mentioned about them this postseason is they haven't been a model of consistency (they looked terrible in games 1 and 3 against the Leafs, then in game 1 against the Rangers), and there's a huge narrative going around that they play far better with a lead.

The biggest reason it was so surprising to me is they didn't look bad at all in game 1, besides Vasilevskiy in the first period. They skated well and it was a really fast game.

I expected them to at least compete last night... to have a different plan to slow down the Avalanche, much like the Blues did. Hell, they completely shut down the Panthers and I kind of wish I could go back and watch that series now (I missed most of it) to see what the hell happened.

I was completely expecting a ~2-1 or 3-2 game... and I still expect Vasilevskiy to go back to being a brick wall at some point and not giving up relatively simple goals to Josh Manson and Darren Helm... and at least giving Kuemper a little work.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:11 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While it's true that they came back from 0-2 last series, the advanced metrics suggest that the first two games against the Rangers were actually pretty close (and, in fact, the Bolts may have had an edge). Anything can happen, but I'm feeling pretty confident as an Avs fan.

There's a nice little breakdown here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...orado/icwmbbi/
Hmm, surprised the Rangers game 1 looked so close... I thought TB looked lethargic in that game, too (not that the Rangers are high-flying or nearly as deep as the Avalanche though), and that the Rangers looked quite a bit better.

Game 2 was a lot closer and from what I remember, even kind of lucky for the Rangers to win it.... between those two games, my thought was at least show up in game 1 and you would have had a chance to be tied. Fuck around in game 1 though, and a couple unlucky bounces and you're down 2 games to none.

And that's of course even more so with the Avalanche... Vasilevskiy was quite a bit better in the 2nd and 3rd periods of game 1 and a lucky bounce here or there and they win that game. Fuck around in game 2 though and you don't stand a chance (obvious enough to say for most SCF games, much less against this team).
[Reply]
DaFace 06:12 PM 06-20-2022
My view for the evening. LGA!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:30 PM 06-20-2022
Here we go again.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:37 PM 06-20-2022
Some insane saves be Kuemper and Vasy, followed by an on edge knuckle-puck thing that goes in.... not that it counted.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:46 PM 06-20-2022
Recalibrating.

Here we go again.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:01 PM 06-20-2022
That 2nd TB goal was pretty. Game on!
[Reply]
Page 70 of 95
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up