Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
DCTwister 05:38 PM 09-10-2022
K-State defense balled out + Deuce awesomeness + special teams TD
Otherwise, K-State offense didn’t look that great.
A few dumb penalties, only 100 yards passing, etc.
Mizzou couldn’t capitalize
K-State is a good team but has work to do on the offense side with new QB and Colin’s new up-tempo playbook.
They would be very good team if they could have brought back Skylar for a 7th year
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:29 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
A marginally competent QB hits Burden for two TDs today.
Sam Horn is marginally competent. Hell, Tyler Macon is marginally competent.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:30 PM 09-10-2022
Mizzou wore the 90s throwback jerseys also with the 90s results.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:31 PM 09-10-2022
There was a Fifth Down or a Flea Kicker?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:55 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

There's also the word that coaches don't like him.
That’s probably why he doesn’t have an OC. If his ego won’t allow him to get along with a DC how in the heck would he get along with an OC when he thinks he’s some kind of play calling genius?
[Reply]
Best22 01:45 AM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
There was a Fifth Down or a Flea Kicker?
Most 90s Mizzou games weren’t that close

This is like when we’d go to Manhattan from 1995-2000. Just getting our asses beat by 4 touchdowns

Georgia will beat us like Nebraska used to

We need to can the white Block M helmets. Those things are cursed
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 06:25 AM 09-11-2022
Too soon to nuke it? Early recruiting looked good, zero ability to attract QBs and/or develop them and minimal success or improvement on the field.

I’m usually a five year guy but with each weekend MU gets farther away from the SEC Chamlopnship game days and the Pinkel run. Just feel like they need to act fast before we are the worst programs in each SEC sport.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:19 AM 09-11-2022
Drinkwitz has recruited well. Everyone except QB. His inability to land a better solution prior to Horn and strikeouts in the portal are troublesome.

The way he calls games is more troublesome. I was encouraged by some of his season 1 work. The efforts to adjust gameplan and approach to opponents' strengths was exciting. That has slipped last year and so far this year.

I don't understand why they weren't focusing more on a power run game against a 335 defensive deployment.

I don't understand why he tries to run everything horizontally.

I like his attitude and recruiting results. On-field results need to start matching. With the money committed, I think he gets next season. He may be encouraged to hire a dedicated OC (which I think he needs).

But right now? He looks like Missouri's version of Butch Jones.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:20 AM 09-11-2022
Part of the reason Mizzou had the success they had with Pinkel for a while is because they stuck with him. There were some rough years. We’re in the SEC now, there is going to be some rough years. People need to chill the fuck out and give it some time. Redefining a program doesn’t happen overnight. Hell, he still has a chunk of Barry’s leftovers. It won’t be all HIS team till next year. He’s proven he can recruit and that’s where it starts in the SEC. If you can’t bring in the 4 stars and the occasional 5 star at Mizzou, then you’re not going to be able to compete at a high level. You just . . . . . won’t.

I think Drinks a better coach than people give him credit for, but he needs to get out of his own way a little. He needs to hire a dedicated OC and get a QB in here that can throw the ball, otherwise you’re wasting your best talents on offense like Burden and Lovett, etc.

Mizzou will get better, but it’s gonna take a couple more years and an impact QB (maybe Sam Horn? ���� ) I’m willing to give him a shot with his own recruits for a few years to see what he can do. The constant changing of coaches (all over college FB) every few years because fans don’t like the immediate results is no way to build a program.

Give it some time. Dude seems to genuinely love coaching at Mizzou. Players like him. Coaches are buying in. Program has made some real inroads with recruiting in KC and STL, something Odom could never do in his 5 years here, despite being a Mizzou guy and recruiting and working for Pinkel.

Drink is their best shot right now. They need to stick with him and let this thing play out.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:39 AM 09-11-2022
How simply awful.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:16 AM 09-11-2022
Lol....3-9 is a possibility with this team.

If you're a stud local/in-state recruit, why on earth would you choose MU to play football?

There's no argument for it at this point.
[Reply]
Best22 09:45 AM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Part of the reason Mizzou had the success they had with Pinkel for a while is because they stuck with him. There were some rough years. We’re in the SEC now, there is going to be some rough years. People need to chill the **** out and give it some time. Redefining a program doesn’t happen overnight. Hell, he still has a chunk of Barry’s leftovers. It won’t be all HIS team till next year. He’s proven he can recruit and that’s where it starts in the SEC. If you can’t bring in the 4 stars and the occasional 5 star at Mizzou, then you’re not going to be able to compete at a high level. You just . . . . . won’t.

I think Drinks a better coach than people give him credit for, but he needs to get out of his own way a little. He needs to hire a dedicated OC and get a QB in here that can throw the ball, otherwise you’re wasting your best talents on offense like Burden and Lovett, etc.

Mizzou will get better, but it’s gonna take a couple more years and an impact QB (maybe Sam Horn? ���� ) I’m willing to give him a shot with his own recruits for a few years to see what he can do. The constant changing of coaches (all over college FB) every few years because fans don’t like the immediate results is no way to build a program.

Give it some time. Dude seems to genuinely love coaching at Mizzou. Players like him. Coaches are buying in. Program has made some real inroads with recruiting in KC and STL, something Odom could never do in his 5 years here, despite being a Mizzou guy and recruiting and working for Pinkel.

Drink is their best shot right now. They need to stick with him and let this thing play out.
Pinkel had rough early years because he was taking over for a truly awful football program. His 2003 season bought him time. Went 8-4, beat #10 Nebraska, and actually went into Manhatten against a much more talented KSU team and competed for 4 quarters with the Big12 North title on the line

2004 was bad, but he turned it around and got us to a bowl in 2005. 2006-2010 were his best years in the Big12. 2012 rolled around and people were pretty mad at Pinkel…but looking back they played a monstrous schedule and didn’t even have their staring QB for alot of it. 2013 and 2014 made him a Mizzou legend, and then 2015 happened

Drink took over a .500 program with slipping recruiting, but not nearly as dreary a situation as the one Pinkel inherited, especially when it came to fan expectations. I fear Drink may be leading us into the pre-Pinkel dark age. It just looked like the team didn’t believe they could beat KSU, and that’s a shame.

QB was a major issue as well. Sam Horn had better see some playing time this year
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:09 AM 09-11-2022
The cupboard was a lot more bare for Drinkwitz coming in than you're imagining. Barry Odom left him some pieces, but was mostly a shitty recruiter.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:43 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Cry me a river, pussy. People that work in the real world have shit happen to them like this all the time. Take a step out of academia for a fucking day and you’ll learn that, you fucking outstanding citizen. God you’re a pussy.
I don't work in academia, you fucking troglodyte, and that decision affected everyone who works for the system, janitors, nurses, etc.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:44 PM 09-11-2022
The issue isn't recruiting, it's player development. Who is improving on this roster?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 109
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up