ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 167
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:40 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
If Rodgers has 3 years left in him...he's worth that amount of picks and players. He's not going to play for GB again according to him. If that's true...the Packers will move him. If he comes to Denver...great. KC...get ready if it's in the AFC West.
The immediate future is all that matters.
Ah yes, the superbowl or bust mentality. No thanks, not interested in mortgaging the fruits of the previous two and next two drafts to chase a dream for only 3 years. Now, Watson without all the legal and personal BS is a totally different scenario.
[Reply]
TEX 12:41 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you trade away Bradley Chubb and Jerry Jeudy or Noah Fant, the immediate future isn't championships. Rodgers can't do it all by himself.
Ding...Ding...Ding! My point exactly. And to take it further, a lack of draft capital to quickly rebuild.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:43 PM 05-19-2021
It's a cute story and all, but this one just needs to fade away...
[Reply]
New World Order 12:44 PM 05-19-2021
Rodgers would have a mediocre at best line in Denver and he wouldn't have a receiving target like Adams.
[Reply]
TEX 12:44 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ah yes, the superbowl or bust mentality. No thanks, not interested in mortgaging the fruits of the previous two and next two drafts to chase a dream for only 3 years. Now, Watson without all the legal and personal BS is a totally different scenario.
Ex-ac-a-tac-ly!
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:46 PM 05-19-2021
Another word for "draft" is "crap shoot". Proven players win the Pepsi challenge with draft picks any ole day of the week. If we get Rodgers...they will not be high round picks anyway. Understand the juggernaut is in our division and to compete...we might have to borrow to just compete.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:47 PM 05-19-2021
If I'm Denver, I stand pat this year, unless you can get Watson. That makes them instant contenders AND sets them up for the future. In a year, nobody will care that he digs having his anus oiled (except here on CP of course). He's the best move for Denver IMO.

...so I hope they trade the universe for Rodgers.
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:47 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Rodgers goes to Denver next month they are automatically the 2nd best team in the AFC who could challenge us.
If you take away Jeudy and Chubb they're probably not the second best team in the AFC West....and still behind Cleveland, Buffalo, and likely Baltimore as well.
[Reply]
TEX 12:48 PM 05-19-2021
Another word for "draft" is "crap shoot". Proven players win the Pepsi challenge with draft picks any ole day of the week. If we get Rodgers...they will not be high round picks anyway. Understand the juggernaut is in our division and to compete...we might have to borrow to just compete.
Gotcha. Desperate times call for desperate measures...
[Reply]
wazu 12:56 PM 05-19-2021
Pulling for you and hope that the Broncos embrace your strategy fully.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
If I'm Denver, I stand pat this year, unless you can get Watson. That makes them instant contenders AND sets them up for the future. In a year, nobody will care that he digs having his anus oiled (except here on CP of course). He's the best move for Denver IMO.

You're assuming Watson is even eligible to play.
[Reply]
TEX 01:01 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

Love the logic! :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:02 PM 05-19-2021
During the Manning years, I said that winning a title would buy me time and I would be content for a bit... realizing it was a short-term window. They won it and while it's been a frustrating 5 years, it's still only been 5 years and I'm not too terribly interested in another short-term shot. And, as previously pointed out - he was a FA and Denver only had to give up on Tebow to get him. Pretty easy decision.

I think Denver has a good young team and while they lack at the most important position, I'm just not on board with these trade talks to acquire Rodgers.
[Reply]
TEX 01:02 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're assuming Watson is even eligible to play.
I think the he will. I bet Goodell throws the book at him with a year suspension and it gets appealed down to 8 or 9 games and he's cleared to play. Gonna be hard to prove criminal charges. I think the bigger problem would be the competition Denver will face from other teams for Watson next season. So, Denver's only play to immediate relevancy might just be Rodgers now. I'd still pass because of the cost. But that's just me.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:04 PM 05-19-2021
Watson is NOT going to be traded to the AFC...that's a pipe dream. No GM, in his right mind, would do that if you have similar offers from teams outside of your conference.

Eagles have 3 1st round picks and NYG have two...Doinks cant compete with that....and that's just teams off the top of my head. Vikings and Saints are others..

Watson has no say where he ends up....
[Reply]
Page 83 of 167
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Up