ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1026 of 4823
« First < 26526926976101610221023102410251026 102710281029103010361076112615262026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 08:16 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This post just happened.
Broncos are a go for a SB52 Win!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:23 PM 08-24-2017
This post just happened.
It took me a sec to realize that he is serious :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 PM 08-24-2017
This post just happened.
Poor bastard will be heartbroken when he realizes the Broncos aren't a good team this year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:05 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Sambrailo is worth about as much as Smith in a trade.
Our third stringer Bray would start for you. You might want to cool the QB smaque. We have a future top 5 QB waiting to sweep you for a decade.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 AM 08-25-2017
Denver has a bottom 8 roster
[Reply]
TEX 12:52 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
That just speaks to the Awesome Depth on the Broncos!

John landed 2 studs, one at QB and one at LT.

Lynch will stick around for another year, he will probably have to play at some point this year due to injury. If Kelly is serviceable next PS then he probably is the reason Lynch gets cut. But that is next year, I know kc fans like to talk about next year in August but Bronco fans are focused on winning it all this year.

You really shouldn't be.
[Reply]
wasi 01:10 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
After this year, Smith is gone, no team will trade for him when they don't have to.
Yes... absolutely a team will trade for Smith. A team will gain any number of advantages via trade. Obviously, certain things need to happen for this scenario to play out, such as:

1) Smith struggles or hurt and Mahomes proves to be a starter going forward, which puts Smith on the trade block.
2) The Chiefs don't advance further than the Divisional round and Smith is put on the trade block.
3) GM is proactive and seeks a pay cut for Alex to resign and buy-in for open competition next season, but Alex declines and given the fact the Chiefs need to resign Peters (among others) Smith is put on the trade block;
4) A team who is otherwise a challenger (ie Patriots, Falcons, Giants, Bucs) and had a retirement or catastrophic injury to their QB and need to keep their window open and need control of contract negoitiations. In this case Smith is going to be on board going to that team and is willing to sign a multi year deal (whiich he will not get/or is not willing to accept from the Chiefs). That team is desperate enough/close enough to go all in for a shot at the Super Bowl to mortgage picks for a rental player (ie no guarantee of long term deal). 3) A team needs credibility/stability/leadership and ante's up insane capital to get there. Examples of this kind happen all of the time (see the Jets and Vikings signing a 40 y.old Favre or perhaps even the Chiefs getting Montana?)

I don't expect Alex Smith to trade compensation anywhere close to what the Chiefs paid for him but there a void of proven veteran QB's right now.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:43 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Broncos are a go for a SB52 Win!
You can't find me a Mane poster other than you and Tardstone RJ that think the Donkos have a chance at the SB.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:25 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Our third stringer Bray would start for you. You might want to cool the QB smaque. We have a future top 5 QB waiting to sweep you for a decade.
That's gonna be a hard landing if the kid fails... a decade, eh?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:49 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-ci...ex-smith-3337/

So, tell me if I'm wrong... Smith has a $20M cap hit in 2018, so a team is going to give you a Day 2 pick and absorb that money, right?

I think KC will just cut him and take the $3.6M cap hit.
Actually what's going to most likely happen is smith renegotiates his remaining year and signs a 3 year extension. I don't think the Chiefs would be comfortable with Bray as our #2 if something were to happen to FHOFQB Mahommes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:58 AM 08-25-2017
Donkcore hardliners are losing it. Gonna' be one miserable, wakin' up-type season for these spoiled children, yes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:00 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Actually what's going to most likely happen is smith renegotiates his remaining year and signs a 3 year extension. I don't think the Chiefs would be comfortable with Bray as our #2 if something were to happen to FHOFQB Mahommes.
Actually, I believe you'll be chugging your product with bourbon and ice before such an insane and idiotic travesty were to occur.

LET IT GO, PLEASE.

Thx!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:43 AM 08-25-2017

The highest graded players on the defensive interior through two weeks of preseason pic.twitter.com/i7w7A1LvCY

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 25, 2017

:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:10 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by wasi:
Yes... absolutely a team will trade for Smith. A team will gain any number of advantages via trade. Obviously, certain things need to happen for this scenario to play out, such as:

1) Smith struggles or hurt and Mahomes proves to be a starter going forward, which puts Smith on the trade block.
2) The Chiefs don't advance further than the Divisional round and Smith is put on the trade block.
3) GM is proactive and seeks a pay cut for Alex to resign and buy-in for open competition next season, but Alex declines and given the fact the Chiefs need to resign Peters (among others) Smith is put on the trade block;
4) A team who is otherwise a challenger (ie Patriots, Falcons, Giants, Bucs) and had a retirement or catastrophic injury to their QB and need to keep their window open and need control of contract negoitiations. In this case Smith is going to be on board going to that team and is willing to sign a multi year deal (whiich he will not get/or is not willing to accept from the Chiefs). That team is desperate enough/close enough to go all in for a shot at the Super Bowl to mortgage picks for a rental player (ie no guarantee of long term deal). 3) A team needs credibility/stability/leadership and ante's up insane capital to get there. Examples of this kind happen all of the time (see the Jets and Vikings signing a 40 y.old Favre or perhaps even the Chiefs getting Montana?)

I don't expect Alex Smith to trade compensation anywhere close to what the Chiefs paid for him but there a void of proven veteran QB's right now.
No team will trade for Smith because his contract is too big. Smith will be released and might end up retiring, he's robbed two teams out of $130m, he don't need no money. Suckers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:54 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's gonna be a hard landing if the kid fails... a decade, eh?
:-) He's not failing. Sorry to break the bad news.
[Reply]
Page 1026 of 4823
« First < 26526926976101610221023102410251026 102710281029103010361076112615262026 > Last »
Up