« First < 45859192939495 96979899 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
Protocal69 12:06 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Is this a true stat….,

Buffalo has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record, the Chiefs and Pats.

See Chiefs fans always talking out there ass. That is not true. Bills have beat Dolphins(2),Pats(2) including playoffs, Chiefs,Saints. Thats 4 teams and 6 wins

While we are on it who has the chiefs really played with their cupcake schedule
Chiefs have barely some of the worst teams in the league. So you can stop with all that soft schedule stuff
[Reply]
Pablo 12:07 PM 01-22-2022
So Allen has the much stronger arm and runs better is what I get from that thread?

LOL ok. You can have the running game, I don't want to see Pat run around like Allen does. I just don't have the stomach for it. Let's say Allen does have the stronger arm - it ain't by much. We're talking a 99 v 98 in that category.

Don't get me wrong, Allen is impressive when he's on. But he's abysmal, Matt Cassel level when he's off. Mahomes has made one throw that I've been like WTF was that Pat(Chargers this year on the goal-line I think). That wasn't even high school level. Allen has one of those a game.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:11 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It's a little more fair than I would've expected on a Bills message board. A good mix of people saying that Allen is not nearly as accomplished as Patrick, people with some Bills bias (to be expected) and then a couple of total idiots. My favorite are the guys who insist that Kelce and Hill pad Mahomes stats by running for 60 yards after a short pass or whatever. Clearly these fools don't know how football works and that a lot of YAC depends on the ball placement of the QB.
They also speak to wide open receivers, failing to realize the way Mahomes holds safeties and linebackers with his eyes...
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 PM 01-22-2022
Hit Allen hard. The end. Night night.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:18 PM 01-22-2022
Mahomes find open receivers better than Allen and gets more YAC because he sees the field better and has better ball placement and anticipation.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:19 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It's a little more fair than I would've expected on a Bills message board. A good mix of people saying that Allen is not nearly as accomplished as Patrick, people with some Bills bias (to be expected) and then a couple of total idiots. My favorite are the guys who insist that Kelce and Hill pad Mahomes stats by running for 60 yards after a short pass or whatever. Clearly these fools don't know how football works and that a lot of YAC depends on the ball placement of the QB.
I know of a dink & dunk YAC QB with 7 rings who killed Buffalo for about 2 decades.
[Reply]
Best22 12:22 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
They also speak to wide open receivers, failing to realize the way Mahomes holds safeties and linebackers with his eyes...
There was a post in there that said Mahomes doesn’t use his eyes to look off safeties…

Pat was doing that his first year in the league. Dude was pump faking LBs out of their shoes and throwing right behind them

They don’t have the slightest idea what they’re talking about. And for all the talk of the “help” Mahomes gets from his team, Allen has had top 5 defenses every single year. Mahomes hasn’t had a single one
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:26 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Protocal69:
See Chiefs fans always talking out there ass. That is not true. Bills have beat Dolphins(2),Pats(2) including playoffs, Chiefs,Saints. Thats 4 teams and 6 wins

Chiefs have barely some of the worst teams in the league. So you can stop with all that soft schedule stuff
You're going to have a very ruff Monday...I'm actually a little concerned for the emotional well-being of their fans.

It seems the Bills are all they have in their lives...and Allen being an underdog/disrespected somehow represents them....he's like their spirit animal.

It's coming...so take the proper steps to prepare yourself.

I've supplied the information below...being my brother's keeper and all. Remember it's only a football game...

[Reply]
TEX 12:29 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Protocal69:

I suggest you compare opponents winning percentage. Then come back and answer your own question. Unless you like sounding stupid.

BTW, the Bills did lose to the absolute worst team in the league, and only scored 6 points doing it. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:34 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
There was a post in there that said Mahomes doesn’t use his eyes to look off safeties…

Pat was doing that his first year in the league. Dude was pump faking LBs out of their shoes and throwing right behind them

They don’t have the slightest idea what they’re talking about. And for all the talk of the “help” Mahomes gets from his team, Allen has had top 5 defenses every single year. Mahomes hasn’t had a single one
Watch Josh Allen's first year in the NFL. They asked him to read defenses and find the open man....and it was a disaster.

After Allen got hurt running, their OC decided to throw out the entire playbook and plan and focus on finding things Allen can do.

So what did that new offense look like later in 2018?

Allen was given one read and if it wasn't there he was to run. Not even checkdowns! His running was the checkdown.

Allen looked much better and fans stepped off the ledge they drafted a bust.

The following year they added the checkdown but it was still primarily a 1 read or 1 region read based system. Daboll was grabbing stuff he learned in college and it was making Allen playable.

In 2020, Bills acquired Diggs and now had a man beater, zone beater for every defensive look they could see. The key was to make sure Allen knew if it was man or zone.

Same problems exist now. If Allen knows the coverage and Daboll calls the right zone or man beater play, he looks awesome.

So don't let him know what you are running.

Here is a Colts DB on their strategy against Buffalo...

We played 2 high safeties. We mixed up our looks, disguised coverages.

That's it. That's all it is.

This doesn't mean Allen will then be bad. But it tilts the playing field and is what we did to him in the AFC Championship (and 2nd half this year but not the 1st half of the game).
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:35 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:

I also liked the guy talking about how Mahomes throws his teammates under the bus. I don't remember if he actually said it, but at least clearly implied that Patrick is not well liked by his teammates.
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:36 PM 01-22-2022
Until the Pittsburgh game last week, I wasn't that optimistic about a victory. Sure at home, I thought we definitely had a chance, just wasn't confident at all. I know it was one game, but I think the explosiveness of McKinnon changes things. Screen passes become big plays, and that changes coverages and open things up downfield. Our offense may be back to being as good as it was the last few years, in which case we are *really* hard to beat.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:38 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I also liked the guy talking about how Mahomes throws his teammates under the bus. I don't remember if he actually said it, but at least clearly implied that Patrick is not well liked by his teammates.
Lol. :-) Mahomes hangs out with all of those guys off the field and his press conferences are always PR 101. Bills fans bang their head on too many tables
[Reply]
Best22 12:43 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Yeah Mahomes teammates totally hate him. Afterall, what would a guy who overcame 3 double digit deficits during a single postseason to win a SB know about leadership?

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:53 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So with Gay playing on Sunday, which formation are we going to see on obvious passing downs?

Is it the heavy dime they've been relying on recently (clark-wharton-jones-ingram, niemann and sorenson, mathieu, thornhill, ward, sneed, and hughes)?

Or will we see the light nickel set they flashed a bit against the Steelers (same personnel, but with Gay on the field instead of Sorenson?)

I just have a feeling, based on a few snippets I've heard, that the Chiefs have a "Bills set" on D that they've been sitting on.

I'm also interested to see the pressure package. Wharton, Clark, and Ingram are all mobile enough to drop into a short passing lane in a blitz package. Gay and Sneed are both excellent blitzers.

Do we see some blitzes from Sneed and Gay where they either loop inside a DE who is working the pocket to the outside to create contain, or are the actual outside contain while the DE loops inside?

I'm excited.
I'm for the light nickel, personally.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 103
« First < 45859192939495 96979899 > Last »
Up