ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 421 of 435
« First < 321371411417418419420421 422423424425431 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 10-16-2023
Veach was right about Frank Clark, eh?

Sure thing, sport.

He called him a DPOY caliber player. He gave up that kind of trade capital and then paid him like same.

He couldn't have been more wrong about the guy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:13 PM 10-16-2023
:-) Oh, he took it way farther than saying Veach should be fired. IIRC He put him on the same tier as Grigson, arguably the worst GM of the modern era.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:15 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If it’s not all about the $$$, then why wasn’t Frank Clark willing to play for the veteran’s minimum of $750,000?

Pretty sure the Chiefs would have re-signed him if he was willing to play at or close to that minimum salary.

Instead he signed a fully guaranteed one year deal for $5.45 million with Denver.

But “he’s not all about the $$$”?
He also just willingly gave up the rest of that guaranteed money to get his release so he could (presumably) come back here, or at least go somewhere else that doesn't totally suck. He could have just sat on the inactive list collecting checks and he refused to.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 10-16-2023
And to be fair to DJLN, I'm pretty sure a vast, vast majority of us hated that trade when it was made. He was just more vociferous in voicing his displeasure
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:25 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Veach was right about Frank Clark, eh?

Sure thing, sport.

He called him a DPOY caliber player. He gave up that kind of trade capital and then paid him like same.

He couldn't have been more wrong about the guy.
Clark was much better before he got here.

Injuries? Who knows but he was a different player once he got the big $$$$ here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:26 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
DJ'a first post when we signed Frank was that it was a move that should get Veach fired. He stood on that post tooth and nail. He doubled down and we won a SB with Frank tying for most postseason sacks in a postseason run in NFL history.

Then he tripled down on it the next year when he got another playoff sack and then quadrupled down on it last year saying he provided no value and should be cut. Then Frank had 1.5 sacks in the AFCCG and 3 pressures in the SB (did I mention it was more than Chris Jones had in that game?).

Veach has been right about Frank every single time and DJ has been wrong. DJ's pride is ****ing with him and he just can't let it go. I've never seen anything like the folks bashing a guy for producing in the postseason like Frank has. It's unreal.

That's why I'm trusting Veach again. He was right (again) to not overpay him this off-season. If he wants to bring Frank back one last time as a depth guy for pennies, then who are any of us to judge after what he's done?

DJ suggested he would be fired for signing the guy in the first place and right now it's looking like Veach is getting his name up for the ring of fame. I'm not gonna bitch if Veach takes his Frank Clark club out and bashes DJ's dead horse for the final time.

IS IT the final time?

Because something tells me the Shart fans will pound the table next offseason/regular season as well demanding we bring back Shart on the cheap.

This isn’t going to end here and you know it. And there’s such a thing as moving on
[Reply]
RunKC 01:37 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
IS IT the final time?

Because something tells me the Shart fans will pound the table next offseason/regular season as well demanding we bring back Shart on the cheap.

This isn’t going to end here and you know it. And there’s such a thing as moving on
Idk. What I do know is I trust Brett Veach. If he brings him back then I'm fine with it
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 01:42 PM 10-16-2023
Excellent Bart plan to let him go to Donkeyland, take less, get cut, wait until no one else signs him and then come back home for less… His presence makes Jones happier.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:48 PM 10-16-2023
Feels like it's not happening and that's fine as well. Veach knows best.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
And to be fair to DJLN, I'm pretty sure a vast, vast majority of us hated that trade when it was made. He was just more vociferous in voicing his displeasure
You'll recall that literally the next day, when I wasn't phone-posting, I expounded on said comparison, no?

Spoiler!

And would you not also say that Veach does things quite a bit differently than he did that off-season? I've said several times over the years that Veach has really done an outstanding job growing into the role and developing a long-term lens that should allow us to continue to compete as Mahomes gets more expensive.

He couldn't continue doing what he did there.

You may also recall that my first thoughts upon hearing about the trade were "I'm drunk on a beach in Mexico, but..."

I get to cite the exacerbating effects of alcohol on rage posting.

Did I overreact? Yeah - I didn't leave open the possibility that Veach would demonstrate strengths in other areas (or that Mahomes would be an absolute God) sufficient to overcome some substantial errors and a steep learning curve as Valanche found his way forward in the new gig.

But was the Clark trade and extension absolutely awful? Yes, yes it was. Always has been, always will be. Extending his time here doesn't change that.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:05 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Clark was much better before he got here.

Injuries? Who knows but he was a different player once he got the big $$$$ here.
That doesn’t sound like the Frank Clark I know that’s NEVER be in it for the money.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:17 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You'll recall that literally the next day, when I wasn't phone-posting, I expounded on said comparison, no?

Spoiler!

And would you not also say that Veach does things quite a bit differently than he did that off-season? I've said several times over the years that Veach has really done an outstanding job growing into the role and developing a long-term lens that should allow us to continue to compete as Mahomes gets more expensive.

He couldn't continue doing what he did there.

You may also recall that my first thoughts upon hearing about the trade were "I'm drunk on a beach in Mexico, but..."

I get to cite the exacerbating effects of alcohol on rage posting.

Did I overreact? Yeah - I didn't leave open the possibility that Veach would demonstrate strengths in other areas (or that Mahomes would be an absolute God) sufficient to overcome some substantial errors and a steep learning curve as Valanche found his way forward in the new gig.

But was the Clark trade and extension absolutely awful? Yes, yes it was. Always has been, always will be. Extending his time here doesn't change that.
The line falling apart on him seemed to force a change in his entire philosophy.

Hopefully Rice breaks his drought at WR. Because once he plugs that hole, he's pretty damn ironclad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The line falling apart on him seemed to force a change in his entire philosophy.

Hopefully Rice breaks his drought at WR. Because once he plugs that hole, he's pretty damn ironclad.
I honestly think it's because Veach isn't willing to do what so many Clark defenders are eager to do.

He's not anxious to fall victim to a simple post hoc fallacy. He's not going to say "I signed Clark, we won a Super Bowl, therefore we won a Super Bowl BECAUSE I signed Frank Clark..."

He recognizes Clark didn't work out. He recognizes that Hitchens didn't work out. That Mathieu was probably something of a wash (though he really was quite good here for 2 of his 3 years). That Watkins didn't really work out.

Oh sure, each guy had a moment or two, but that's not how roster building works. You can't say "see, he did a thing! All is forgiven!" because these are professional football players - good god almighty I would hope they wouldn't get face-fucked EVERY snap.

Veach learned from those early mistakes and has developed a far better approach. He's just a lot more calculating across the board than he was then.
[Reply]
Womble 03:01 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
DJ'a first post when we signed Frank was that it was a move that should get Veach fired. He stood on that post tooth and nail. He doubled down and we won a SB with Frank tying for most postseason sacks in a postseason run in NFL history.

Then he tripled down on it the next year when he got another playoff sack and then quadrupled down on it last year saying he provided no value and should be cut. Then Frank had 1.5 sacks in the AFCCG and 3 pressures in the SB (did I mention it was more than Chris Jones had in that game?).

Veach has been right about Frank every single time and DJ has been wrong. DJ's pride is ****ing with him and he just can't let it go. I've never seen anything like the folks bashing a guy for producing in the postseason like Frank has. It's unreal.

That's why I'm trusting Veach again. He was right (again) to not overpay him this off-season. If he wants to bring Frank back one last time as a depth guy for pennies, then who are any of us to judge after what he's done?

DJ suggested he would be fired for signing the guy in the first place and right now it's looking like Veach is getting his name up for the ring of fame. I'm not gonna bitch if Veach takes his Frank Clark club out and bashes DJ's dead horse for the final time.
This was quite the annihilation. Bravo!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:06 PM 10-16-2023
Frank Clark and Sammy Watkins, two of the greatest playoff performers in franchise history, DIDN'T WORK OUT? :-)

The Return of The Shark is making DJLN eat stupid pills.
[Reply]
Page 421 of 435
« First < 321371411417418419420421 422423424425431 > Last »
Up