ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 352
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:09 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
he coached Iona last year
Yeah but March 2020 is still last year but I'll admit I thought this was his first year back
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The dude is always yelling. It can't be too pleasant playing for him. Works for some guys, doesn't for others. Remy seems like the guy who can take it though. Seems to take to coaching, at least externally, yet doesn't do what they want.
Oh bullshit.

Guys GUSH about Self. And they were big on having Self on camera a bunch in the Dayton game not sure why but I thought he was clapping and saying alright let’s go. The kind of move on and let’s get the next one stuff more than he has in prior years.

And frankly, during that Dayton game, more than I thought he should have. I’d like to see him fired up Bill a little more. Maybe that doesn’t play for kids anymore. IDK. Suddenly I’m surrounded by reminders that I’m old as fuck.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:56 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Oh bullshit.

Guys GUSH about Self. And they were big on having Self on camera a bunch in the Dayton game not sure why but I thought he was clapping and saying alright let’s go. The kind of move on and let’s get the next one stuff more than he has in prior years.

And frankly, during that Dayton game, more than I thought he should have. I’d like to see him fired up Bill a little more. Maybe that doesn’t play for kids anymore. IDK. Suddenly I’m surrounded by reminders that I’m old as ****.
Twitter is just a spiraling cesspit - with many convinced Self is trying to ruin Remy by having him only focus on throwing it to McCormack. I think getting robbed in 2020 has done a number on the fandom.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:04 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Twitter is just a spiraling cesspit - with many convinced Self is trying to ruin Remy by having him only focus on throwing it to McCormack. I think getting robbed in 2020 has done a number on the fandom.
Thank Christ I'm not on fucking Twitter.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:22 AM 11-29-2021
Christian Braun is balling out this year. I know KC_Connection says he sucks, but he's always had talent. He's a strong body, tall, and has the hops. His side to side speed is in question but look at his stat line so far this year...

13.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 61.4% FG, 33% 3FG.

To me the biggest thing is he's making shots close to the rim. That has been his bugaboo the last couple of years. If he can keep this up and shown that he knows how to finish and that three point shot starts to fall --- look out.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:33 AM 11-29-2021
Christian Braun is balling out this year. I know KC_Connection says he sucks, but he's always had talent. He's a strong body, tall, and has the hops. His side to side speed is in question but look at his stat line so far this year...

13.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 61.4% FG, 33% 3FG.

To me the biggest thing is he's making shots close to the rim. That has been his bugaboo the last couple of years. If he can keep this up and shown that he knows how to finish and that three point shot starts to fall --- look out.
Yeah, KCC was dogging on him early in the season, but I think there were a few others that also went along with that. Admittedly, he had a bad first game or two and so it may have been justified. But since then, he's been playing well. I thought he looked good as a frosh and last year was probably the dreaded sophomore slump. Hopefully, he continues playing like he has. As of right now, he's playing better than guys like Wilson and Martin (overall). That may change but I still believe he will be one of our best 5-6 players by season's end.
[Reply]
DanBecky 10:02 AM 11-29-2021
Self had always been about tough love the moment he stepped foot on campus. Hell, since he started coaching. Not a damn thing has changed.
[Reply]
Pants 10:03 AM 11-29-2021
The problem with Braun is that he will disappear completely when it actually matters.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:19 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
The problem with Braun is that he will disappear completely when it actually matters.
I really want to be on the Braun bandwagon. I've wanted him to be a good/great player since I first saw him - but like you said, he disappears when he's needed. I'm hoping that the improvement we're seeing this year is a permanent thing.

Now McCormack on the other hand.....
[Reply]
BWillie 10:24 AM 11-29-2021
Possibly. I still think he will struggle finishing versus taller & more elite athletes that we will see in Big 12 play but he looks much improved. Staff said before season Braun was most improved player, so it tracks.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:27 AM 11-29-2021
Possibly. I still think he will struggle finishing versus taller & more elite athletes that we will see in Big 12 play but he looks much improved. Staff said before season Braun was most improved player, so it tracks.
One of the main things I have seen with him is a better effort than some other guys.

And whoever mentioned McCormack is correct. WTH, Dave? Get your head straight!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:20 PM 11-29-2021
Braun has played well (for the most part) so far. Certainly has earned his minutes. He's had stretches like this before though and always reverted back to his old self when it really matters. We'll see come January.
[Reply]
Pants 12:21 PM 11-29-2021
We're down to #8 in the AP poll.

Duke is the new #1, obviously.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:22 PM 11-29-2021
We're down to #8 in the AP poll.

Duke is the new #1, obviously.
Lucky it is even that high after losing to a team like Dayton in that fashion.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:28 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lucky it is even that high after losing to a team like Dayton in that fashion.
In that fashion? It took a buzzer-beating prayer.

Dayton is a talented team. They’re young and inconsistent, so they took some early losses to weak teams, but they played very well in that tourney.

Let’s not forget that Dayton was one seed material just two years ago. Good coach and solid program.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 352
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up