ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 167
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:30 AM 07-29-2021
In what world is the Packers roster "poor" anyway? It's not KC, but fuck all the excuses for that choking crybaby. Dude had a fucking All Pro performing O line for the last few seasons and Adam's to throw to.
[Reply]
GoForIt 09:19 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
In what world is the Packers roster "poor" anyway? It's not KC, but **** all the excuses for that choking crybaby. Dude had a ****ing All Pro performing O line for the last few seasons and Adam's to throw to.
13-3 two seasons in a row. #1 offense last year. Rodgers just choked as he always does. He didn't even show up vs the Niners two years ago. Guy turtles and turtles hard in the post-season. 1-4 in NFCCG. Same as McNabb.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 AM 07-29-2021
In what world is the Packers roster "poor" anyway? It's not KC, but fuck all the excuses for that choking crybaby. Dude had a fucking All Pro performing O line for the last few seasons and Adam's to throw to.
Rodgers has had a top 5 OL, top 3 WR, top 10 RB, and even a top 10 TE now.

He also had a solid defense.

It’s completely overblown.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I don't think you understand Rodgers' issue. He's had decent talent, that's not what he's upset about. I'm not a huge fan of him myself, but his beef with the Packers' front office is totally understandable.

Remember all the reports we've seen of the Chiefs asking for Mahomes' input on personnel decisions and things of that nature? They do this when the guy is in his early years of his career, too. Not like he's been around for 10 seasons.

Rodgers has been with the team for 16 years, and he has never had a voice the way Mahomes (and now Brady in Tampa) have. He said in his presser he has had many elite players tell him they want to come play with him in GB. He tries to relay that info to the Packers and they basically tell him to pound sand and don't take advantage of it.

His interview was actually very interesting. He wasn't whining, just explaining his position, and he's totally correct in his assessment. The Packers have had a Hall of Famer at QB for 30 straight years now and seem to take for granted the fact that it's not actually as easy as they think to find those guys. You can't just draft the Jordan Love's of the world, throw a "G" on their helmet and assume you've struck gold. That seems to be the way they think.

That organization and fanbase need to go through 30 years of what we just went through. They are due for it, and they need to be brought back down to Earth a little bit.

Anyway, I'm just glad the whole thing is over. Rodgers is definitely overrated and has had very few clutch moments in his career aside from a few lucky Hail Mary plays, but he has still carried that team for a long time. I'd love to see him end up in Denver in 2022 and watch Mahomes kick his ass a few times per season for the next few years. At least it would make things interesting again.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 AM 07-29-2021
I understand that Rodger’s himself isn’t complaining about the quality of the roster. I’m talking about other people.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:12 AM 07-29-2021
I understand that Rodger’s himself isn’t complaining about the quality of the roster. I’m talking about other people.
Ahh, got it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:19 AM 07-29-2021
I finally saw some of his press conference and he sounded like a smug know it all little bitch.

I love my coach, I love my teammates, I love this town, but I didn't get called on any personnel decisions etc....:-).

I get that some players are elite, but elite players don't cry about being elite and not getting their way.

Also his comments about people don't come to GB to vacation they come to play football with him, good God man. He may be mostly correct but you don't say that shit in a press conference. That attitude is why he chokes then wants to blame everyone else. Its certainly not his fault, just ask him.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I finally saw some of his press conference and he sounded like a smug know it all little bitch.

I love my coach, I love my teammates, I love this town, but I didn't get called on any personnel decisions etc....:-).

I get that some players are elite, but elite players don't cry about being elite and not getting their way.

Also his comments about people don't come to GB to vacation they come to play football with him, good God man. He may be mostly correct but you don't say that shit in a press conference. That attitude is why he chokes then wants to blame everyone else. Its certainly not his fault, just ask him.
Yea, his PC was a bad look. I get that the organization is obviously part of the problem, but so is he. I find it odd how many people are fully on his side.

There’s a reason the guy can’t even get along with his own family.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:28 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Seems like the whole press conference was him reminding the front office they need to part ways after this season or he could actually become more of a whiney bitch. Which no one wants to see happen.

But hey they traded for Cobb so all is good.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:30 AM 07-29-2021
He did complain about the roster though. He made a point that the team let a number of high character and quality players go.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:36 AM 07-29-2021
Yea, his PC was a bad look. I get that the organization is obviously part of the problem, but so is he. I find it odd how many people are fully on his side.

There’s a reason the guy can’t even get along with his own family.
I'm not sure anyone is really "on his side," I think it's more both sides kind of suck equally. My beef with the Packers' front office stems from Green Bay being a very small town, and I hear things about how they treat people at restaurants and places like that, and they are complete pretentious pricks. They think they are above the rest of the people around here. So Rodgers is correct in that regard.

The reason he feels he has a right to start bitching now is because he sees how Mahomes and Brady have a say in who their teams are bringing in, and he wants to be in the same situation. Can't say I blame him, but you also can't really blame the Packers. This is a newer trend and they did finally buy into it by bringing in Cobb like Rodgers asked and now Dennis Kelly is coming in, too.

I'm just glad they'll be parting ways after the season and we won't have to hear about it anymore.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:41 AM 07-29-2021

Their defense isn’t good dude. They’ve been drafting DB’s for like 8 years now and almost everyone of them but Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage sucks.

They drafted so many DB’s and pretty much all of them are out of football.

Rashan Gary isn’t very good either. He’s pretty average for his draft status.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Their defense isn’t good dude. They’ve been drafting DB’s for like 8 years now and almost everyone of them but Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage sucks.

They drafted so many DB’s and pretty much all of them are out of football.

Rashan Gary isn’t very good either. He’s pretty average for his draft status.
Their defense has been in the top 10-15 the last 2 years. They’re “solid” like I said.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:34 AM 07-29-2021
Put Mahomes in Rodgers' position at the end of the game in the NFC championship. Mahomes would have scored. He absolutely would have run it in. And if he didn't, he would have made a better throw or found a better solution than the one Rodgers chose.

The Packers should have won that game. The reason why they didn't is because Aaron Rodgers choked.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:42 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Put Mahomes in Rodgers' position at the end of the game in the NFC championship. Mahomes would have scored. He absolutely would have run it in. And if he didn't, he would have made a better throw or found a better solution than the one Rodgers chose.

The Packers should have won that game. The reason why they didn't is because Aaron Rodgers choked.
The cold hard truth.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 167
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Up