ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:33 AM 09-20-2021
I don't know. I honestly don't know.

They're going to have to play a lot better.

There are no excuses.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:34 AM 09-20-2021
Daly and House need to be reprimanded or replaced.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:35 AM 09-20-2021
I felt like the Chiefs let off the gas like they always do. The game meant more to Baltimore. That's how life is gonna be now. Every team is gonna be hellbent on beating us. It used to be us. The team that most likely wasn't gonna win a Super Bowl but fuck you, we were gonna beat your team on Sunday Night Football at our place come hell or high water.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:36 AM 09-20-2021
This shit keeps up Annerix will bring his condescending crap back in here.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:40 AM 09-20-2021
We're gonna be fine. Guarantee you Spags is embarrassed, CEH feels horrible and PMII is silently pissed.

Fire Lit!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:52 AM 09-20-2021
I think a major problem is our LB core. Bolton was the only one remotely playing well and Willie Gay is out.

I think there’s gonna be a major rebuild of the DL in the Spring. Can’t hold Veach accountable for that this last Spring when the OL was in such disarray.

Can’t fix everything in one offseason
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:52 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.
Kind of same here. It's one game. Lots of season left to fix or at least make better the things we need to work on.
But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation..
I think, no, I know that with the game on the line, you want the ball in your nest players hands. Taking the ball out of Mahomes hands with the game on the line is always going to be a mistake.
Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation
He does look bad. Keeps running straight into a huge pile of big ass men and doesn't even attempt to bounce inside or outside where there looks to be room to run. We cant allow that to continue.
Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
Agree, The sun did indeed come up tomorrow. As long as Mahomes is upright we can win any game against any team. This is indeed the golden era of Chiefs football. Blowing one game doesn't change that fact.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:59 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
We're gonna be fine. Guarantee you Spags is embarrassed, CEH feels horrible and PMII is silently pissed.

Fire Lit!
Little soon for that. CEH don’t move that fast. Check back in 2034.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:07 AM 09-20-2021
I am irritated that we lost when this was game that was basically a gimme. But any given Sunday and all that.

We need to get the defense to just average and we need to bring up Gore and move Williams to PS or release.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:16 AM 09-20-2021
The whole Chris Jones at DE thing was a mistake. They shoulda signed Clowney. Or Ingram. Or Houston. Cheap options were available.

They may be better off just playing Okafor and sliding Jones back inside.

I really feel for CEH. I thought he had some nice runs last night. I thought he looked better this week than last. But that fumble...i mean, you do that and no one will remember any of the good you actually did put in. And rightfully so. I'm still holding out hope he can turn it around.

It's still early. Still just week 2 in what is now a 17 game schedule. Everyone who's an AFC contender has taken an L, so chillax. Bills, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Titans, Dolphins Colts, Chargers all have loses.

Teams change so damn much by the end of the season that it's hard for me to get too upset abut this one.

There's a lot of time before the playoffs to get things ironed out.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:18 AM 09-20-2021
We were in an almost identical situation in the 2nd Raiders game last year. We didn't run the ball once and Patrick led us to a game winning TD with ease.

This time, Andy cut Patrick's balls off and gave the ball to CEH in an attempt to set Butker up for a 50 yard field goal. We lost.

It's as simple as that. Put the ball in Mahomes' hands and we win. Take it out and we lose.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:19 AM 09-20-2021

Odafe Oweh, who forced and recovered this fumble, was drafted with the pick Kansas City sent to Baltimore in the Orlando Brown trade. https://t.co/bEg6tnyhSU

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) September 20, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 09:21 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
We were in an almost identical situation in the 2nd Raiders game last year. We didn't run the ball once and Patrick led us to a game winning TD with ease.

This time, Andy cut Patrick's balls off and gave the ball to CEH in an attempt to set Butker up for a 50 yard field goal. We lost.

It's as simple as that. Put the ball in Mahomes' hands and we win. Take it out and we lose.
This is silly.

They trying to kill clock so they could make sure they had the last score. Running was the right thing to do.

Mahomes can't do every goddamn thing. At some point the ball handlers have to handle the ball.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:24 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is silly.

They trying to kill clock so they could make sure they had the last score. Running was the right thing to do.

Mahomes can't do every goddamn thing. At some point the ball handlers have to handle the ball.
There was 1:20 left in the game. Baltimore had one timeout and would've had to score a touchdown if they got the ball back.

I'm not advocating for us taking an end zone shot. But let Patrick keep getting chunks of yardage to at least set Butker up for a chip shot. We absolutely did not have to run the ball there. That kind of thinking is why we lost.

Even if we did score a touchdown, it probably would have been with 30 seconds left. Again, one timeout for Baltimore and they would have had to score a TD and wouldn't have been able to run the ball. No way you take the ball out of Patrick's hands. No fucking way.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:25 AM 09-20-2021
They were 5 wide and gliding down the field like an eagle, to easy. Then they did this bunched up shit formation. Brought the whole D with them. The fans deserve to know the thought process that went into this genius decision.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up