ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:26 AM 09-20-2021
CEH doesn’t typically fumble. KC put almost all of its resources on the OL this past offseason (to the detriment of the D). It wasn’t asking too much for the line to block and CEH to gain a few yards.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:28 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
SB loser hangover is real.
More red for you!!!
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:29 AM 09-20-2021
Hopefully nobody watched this in a movie theater.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:29 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m mad I won’t be owning a Chiefs 17-0 shirt!!!
Look at the bright side, if you can find one they should be really cheap.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:29 AM 09-20-2021
It's real simple. This teams ability to stop the run is going to kill Mahomes game. He has overcome shit defense enough but he can't every fucking year. We are pussies on defense! We have a Ferrari at QB and he's pulling a shitty flatbed trailer while trying to win a race.

That's the difference between Brady's career vs Rogers career. One of them has a defense every fucking year and the other hasn't most of the time.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:30 AM 09-20-2021
we should never lose to the Ravens and Lamar Jackson

just should never happen
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:31 AM 09-20-2021
Good for you.

I'm still fucking pissed.

There's only one first round bye. Every game, especially against other conference contenders is hugely important.

To have this game in the bag and watch it slip away because of the same Andy Reid bullshit we've seen countless times over the past few years is infuriating.

If I'm Patrick Mahomes, I'm marching into his office this morning and putting my damn foot down. We're going to keep attacking all four quarters, no matter the score, until there are zeroes on the clock. If we do that, we won't lose again this season. Otherwise, expect 4-5 more of this exact same game as the year goes on.
[Reply]
TLO 07:32 AM 09-20-2021
As much as we like to talk shit on Lamar Jackson, he's a REALLY good player.

He went Michael Vick in Madden 04 on us last night. I'm not trying to make excuses for the defense. They sucked ass the past 2 weeks and must make improvements if this team is going to be a serious SB contender.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:34 AM 09-20-2021
A 80 year old grandma with a walker and planter warts could go Michael Vick on this D.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:36 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

He went Michael Vick in Madden 04 on us last night. I'm not trying to make excuses for the defense. They sucked ass the past 2 weeks and must make improvements if this team is going to be a serious SB contender.
And yet the game is STILL well under control if we don't turtle up with the ball at midfield and an 11 point lead.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:39 AM 09-20-2021
In all of our previous recent games against Baltimore we were able to build a big enough lead to force Baltimore out of their game as they chased us.

Last night, credit Baltimore who just kept clawing back in including passes to keep it close.

Next time we're up 11 we need to finish them.

I know the defense was shit but our offense has to deal the death blow earlier if we meet again.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:40 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
And yet the game is STILL well under control if we don't turtle up with the ball at midfield and an 11 point lead.
Yep. If we go cash in on any of those chances to go up by 3 scores, we win.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:47 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

He’s an absolutely absurd athlete. He’s fun to watch. He’s never going to be a great passer, but he makes ‘just enough’ plays.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:56 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And how to cope with it as fans.
When has that ever happened around here? :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:58 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
When has that ever happened around here? :-)
I've always felt like CP is a bit of a support group during difficult times, no?

"My girlfriend just broke up with me."
"Do you have pics?" "I think your girl just friended me on FB."

"I got in a car accident and have tremendous pain."
"Have you considered drinking antifreeze and dying? Just a thought."

We're family.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 23
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up