ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:21 AM 09-20-2021
I’ll never understand why he always takes his foot off the other teams neck. Bill Belacheat never does and Tom little boy kisser has 6 rings with bill to prove it.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:26 AM 09-20-2021
I'm not mad about the last play call. We needed to burn a touch of clock. I am pissed CEH wasn't more aware of the situation and didn't cover the ball with 2 arms.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:27 AM 09-20-2021
I'm not worried about our D. Keep in mind they just have to be good enough to support our offense.

This schedule has kind of been the perfect storm for us. We've never been great stopping the run and we faced two of the best. I get that Baltimore had a lot of guys out but their run offense is still excellent. Couple that with spags being a notorious slow starter, lots of guys still on early season legs, and we could really use Willie gay out there. We will get there eventually. And it wouldn't surprise me to see us go out and look for a DE considering how much interest we showed in the offseason.

Patience, guys. On the bright side maybe adversity is just the thing this team needs right now.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:43 AM 09-20-2021
I feel like I see other teams just blowing off the line and causing havoc on the dline. Then we have our guys that kind of just engage the guy who is blocking him and don't really do much but get pushed out of the play. I know our talent on the dline isn't bad. I just don't know why we can't generate pressure at all.
[Reply]
oldman 06:52 AM 09-20-2021
I believe it's time to move Jones back inside against some teams. He completly over ran some plays last night. Jackson did a lot of damage running right up the middle as well.
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:56 AM 09-20-2021
When they are out DE shopping hope the fuckers are browsing RBs too.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 06:56 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I believe it's time to move Jones back inside against some teams. He completly over ran some plays last night. Jackson did a lot of damage running right up the middle as well.
Clark overruns the play on basically every down, too. It’s infuriating.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:56 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
2 games in they destroy all they’ve worked on this offseason?

Yeah fucking right!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:03 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm not mad about the last play call. We needed to burn a touch of clock. I am pissed CEH wasn't more aware of the situation and didn't cover the ball with 2 arms.

We were not yet in the field position to burn clock for the sake of burning it. They had one timeout and it was about a minute left. You get 10-15 more yards and do whatever you want then to burn clock for the easy field goal.

No one was expecting a fumble but it isn’t hindsight to say keep throwing because plenty of people where saying it prior. That run play was 50/50 at best for a first down before it was even ran because CEH sucks. A pass play was all but a guaranteed first down the way they had no answer for our short passing game and you can still run the clock then.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:05 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
2 games in they destroy all they’ve worked on this offseason?

Yeah fucking right!
Uh, yeah, because to this point it's fucking sucked. Why leave him to flounder as an average at best DE when he's a top 5 DT? We can at least get our interior pressure back instead of having virtually none at all.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:18 AM 09-20-2021
When the Chiefs formed up on the fumble play. Ravens swarmed the LOS. By the formation, down and distance whatever Ravens had 11 or 12 on the LOS. Why didn’t PMII call a audible or a time out? For 1/2 billion is that asking to much?
[Reply]
tmax63 07:18 AM 09-20-2021
LOL at you folks second-guessing the run call. 2 out of 3 things that can happen when you pass is bad. Incomplete and you stop the clock or interception. CEH picked a horrible time to lose his first fumble in the NFL but the play-call was sound. They had over a minute to burn off the clock and with the D like it was KC couldn't leave any time on the clock.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:22 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
When they are out DE shopping hope the fuckers are browsing RBs too.
We have one on the practice squad.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:25 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We have one on the practice squad.
To replace the one on PS when he is brought up on the active roster. CEH asks like nobody is after his job. At least Hunt ran like a dog with turpentine on it’s ass.
[Reply]
GoForIt 07:25 AM 09-20-2021
SB loser hangover is real.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up