ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The offensive line still isn’t getting push in the run game
KCrockaholic 10:35 PM 09-19-2021
So maybe it was wishful thinking on my end, but I figured adding an extra 150lbs of beef to this OL was going to make a huge difference in the rushing game. And in a lot of ways I thought it was change the ways Reid approached the running game too. Maybe more stretch plays, maybe more power rather than traps and the usual.

Clyde has 46 yards today on 13 carries, and last week had 43 yards on 14 carries. We’re averaging 3.2 yards per carry as a team through two games.

I understand Cleveland has a solid front 4, and Baltimore is well coached despite their current injuries so it was going to be tough. But where is the push off the ball? This new OL should be mauling guys and seeing the run game absolutely suck is getting old and frankly concerning considering the additions.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:52 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
I disagree it take six weeks for a line to jell. Plus the fact that helaire had some decent runs. I wish they stop running up the middle but watch they will improve.
CEH doesn't have the speed to hit the outside, hence why they run him up the gut for negative yardage over and over,
[Reply]
penguinz 09:55 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This. They’re opening holes…he’s just not seeing them.
Hard to see the hole when you use extra effort to run directly into the pile.
[Reply]
kcclone 09:57 AM 09-20-2021
We’ve played two pretty good defenses so far.

They will get better as they continue to gel.

I’m more concerned with our defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
CEH is a huge part of that problem.
Line looked just fine when the blew the Ravens off the ball and Williams vultured that short-yardage TD.

CEH just isn't playing well.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:20 AM 09-20-2021
Not sold on Thuney.. He got beat on the fumble play..Thats no excuse for CEH.. But Not impressed with his run blocking..
[Reply]
penguinz 11:42 AM 09-20-2021
Everyone wanted to blame the O-Line last season for the below average running game. It is worse so far this year. What is the constant? CEH
[Reply]
TEX 11:46 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
This.

He is slow, lacks vision, lacks size.

They also don't trust him in the passing game and when he does get in space he gets tackled from behind by a LBer.

Waste of a pick, will be frustrating to have to watch him struggle until we inevitably release him in a few years.
Can he be a tackling dummy? He's about the same size and about as mobile...:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:54 AM 09-20-2021
hyperbole
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:32 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Not sold on Thuney.. He got beat on the fumble play..Thats no excuse for CEH.. But Not impressed with his run blocking..
He's not playing for New England anymore. Here, they actually call holding penalties.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:50 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Neither am I. Brown and Thuney are not on the same page at times. Granted, CEH has his responsibilities to cover up the ball, but the fact of the matter that over reaction planet is not having is no RB on any roster can thrive in any environment getting hit 2yds behind the LOS and with less than second after receiving the handoff and expect success.

The DL issues are the most concerning to me. Those fat well paid mother fuckers better learn how play with a mean streak from whistle to whistle.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:14 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Line looked just fine when the blew the Ravens off the ball and Williams vultured that short-yardage TD.

CEH just isn't playing well.
Yep, there’s no need to lash out at every single unit

They were fine, Clyde wasn’t
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:54 PM 09-20-2021
Things I'm worried about:

[x] run defense
[x] pass rush
[x] our slow as molasses RB
[ ] offensive line
[Reply]
penguinz 02:23 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Neither am I. Brown and Thuney are not on the same page at times. Granted, CEH has his responsibilities to cover up the ball, but the fact of the matter that over reaction planet is not having is no RB on any roster can thrive in any environment getting hit 2yds behind the LOS and with less than second after receiving the handoff and expect success.

The DL issues are the most concerning to me. Those fat well paid mother ****ers better learn how play with a mean streak from whistle to whistle.
It is 90% CEH and 10% the O-line. You can predict exactly where CEH is running the second Mahomes hands him the ball. The defenders barely have to think about where he will run to.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:37 PM 09-20-2021
It goes back to the big picture… why run the ball on 53% of first downs… which the Chiefs did last night when their obvious strength is the passing game (especially vs the Ravens defense).
[Reply]
Kman34 02:51 PM 09-20-2021
Maybe practicing against our shitty d line gave them a false sense of confidence…
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up