ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The offensive line still isn’t getting push in the run game
KCrockaholic 10:35 PM 09-19-2021
So maybe it was wishful thinking on my end, but I figured adding an extra 150lbs of beef to this OL was going to make a huge difference in the rushing game. And in a lot of ways I thought it was change the ways Reid approached the running game too. Maybe more stretch plays, maybe more power rather than traps and the usual.

Clyde has 46 yards today on 13 carries, and last week had 43 yards on 14 carries. We’re averaging 3.2 yards per carry as a team through two games.

I understand Cleveland has a solid front 4, and Baltimore is well coached despite their current injuries so it was going to be tough. But where is the push off the ball? This new OL should be mauling guys and seeing the run game absolutely suck is getting old and frankly concerning considering the additions.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:35 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
honestly, this is probably the worst running back I have ever witnessed. I can't remember if Rashaan Shehee was worse, but I remember being mad about that 2nd round pick. Also Mike Cloud.

I'm trying to remember a worse running back for the Chiefs since I started watching in 1993. I think CEH is the worst one. He's so slow and bad. Maybe Peyton Hillis but he didn't get as many carries.
Theotis "2 yards and fall down on first contact" Brown
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:42 AM 09-20-2021
Maybe the problem isn’t the OL but the guy running the ball??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JPH83 02:18 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
CEH is a political piece at this point...starting someone else would be admitting you've made a mistake.

The eyeball test says he's too slow for pro football...looked amazing in college.

I like him...seems like a good dude...but he's too small/slow. His best attribute was his vision...aside from his week one run against the Texans...I cant really remember him consistently doing anything.

He's a good receiver but AR isn't using him in that capacity...
He was a bad pick at that spot.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:35 AM 09-20-2021
CEH seems to run better when he is moving North and South. He needs to see those open spaces and exploit them instead of dancing East/West and trying to make things happen.

I think it is time to get McKinnon some carries.
[Reply]
emaw1979 05:00 AM 09-20-2021
Slow and poor vision. Bad combination. Another fucked up pick by Reid and Veach.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:40 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Slow and poor vision. Bad combination. Another ****ed up pick by Reid and Veach.
We'll obviously have a far better idea at the end of the season, but the "Brett Veach is a God" crowd might have to take a loss soon. There's been some very good picks, but also some pretty average ones and plenty that seem to be trending more to the latter.

I felt his last two drafts were much better than his first two which is encouraging, but there's a lot out there that are still a question mark.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:42 AM 09-20-2021
CEH is making me miss Darwin Thompson
[Reply]
Redbled 05:49 AM 09-20-2021
Holes are there. Gore may have gotten 100. And if not I’d at least like to try it.
[Reply]
TEX 05:50 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
It's also not like we haven't seen CEH really kick ass in some games that we were all :-) over him watching him play last year. He will get it figured out and again people will be eating crow by mid season. Just because after two games he hasn't produced our expectations doesn't mean he won't be a beast for much of the season just need to be patient with him as this season unfolds.

I have no doubt in CEH abilities to turn it up this year as we will wreck teams with this offense.
Trust your eyes. CEH is not good. Terrible pick. Hope the Chiefs realize that instead of doubling down on terrible, by trying to prove he's something other than what he has shown.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:54 AM 09-20-2021
The lethal combination of Heck coaching the OL unit and CEH. Plus handing the ball off in shotgun gives the edge to the linebackers. They can see run a mile away.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:03 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Trust your eyes. CEH is not good. Terrible pick. Hope the Chiefs realize that instead of doubling down on terrible, by trying to prove he's something other than what he has shown.
The seahawks buried Rashaad penny, we may end up doing the same.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:20 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The Seahawks are also not afraid to bench their newly signed big contract QB for a rookie. They don't give a shit.
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 AM 09-20-2021
I want Gore to get a try.

CEH sucks - he has poor field vision
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:43 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The Seahawks are also not afraid to bench their newly signed big contract QB for a rookie. They don't give a shit.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:48 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
CEH is a huge part of that problem.
This.

He is slow, lacks vision, lacks size.

They also don't trust him in the passing game and when he does get in space he gets tackled from behind by a LBer.

Waste of a pick, will be frustrating to have to watch him struggle until we inevitably release him in a few years.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up