ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The offensive line still isn’t getting push in the run game
KCrockaholic 10:35 PM 09-19-2021
So maybe it was wishful thinking on my end, but I figured adding an extra 150lbs of beef to this OL was going to make a huge difference in the rushing game. And in a lot of ways I thought it was change the ways Reid approached the running game too. Maybe more stretch plays, maybe more power rather than traps and the usual.

Clyde has 46 yards today on 13 carries, and last week had 43 yards on 14 carries. We’re averaging 3.2 yards per carry as a team through two games.

I understand Cleveland has a solid front 4, and Baltimore is well coached despite their current injuries so it was going to be tough. But where is the push off the ball? This new OL should be mauling guys and seeing the run game absolutely suck is getting old and frankly concerning considering the additions.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:47 PM 09-19-2021
Darrel is better, sadly.
[Reply]
Bump 10:47 PM 09-19-2021
it's more bad running back play than bad blocking
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:47 PM 09-19-2021
The run blocking excuse doesn’t work tonight… it is on CEH.

For some reason he seeks out defenders/contact, rather than holes/open space.

Maybe he thinks he’s Earl Campbell, but his continued struggles and Andy running the ball on 98% of first downs tonight (mostly with CEH for minimal yardage) were major factors in the loss.
[Reply]
-King- 10:49 PM 09-19-2021
Are you really watching the games and blaming the lack of success for our run offense on the O-line?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:49 PM 09-19-2021
It’s really weird to watch a running back suck when they’re set up so well for success. It’s almost impossible to be optimistic about the player “figuring it out” when it’s like this.

Give me back that combo of Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West from 2016 in a heartbeat over this shit.
[Reply]
Bump 11:46 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s really weird to watch a running back suck when they’re set up so well for success. It’s almost impossible to be optimistic about the player “figuring it out” when it’s like this.

Give me back that combo of Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West from 2016 in a heartbeat over this shit.
honestly, this is probably the worst running back I have ever witnessed. I can't remember if Rashaan Shehee was worse, but I remember being mad about that 2nd round pick. Also Mike Cloud.

I'm trying to remember a worse running back for the Chiefs since I started watching in 1993. I think CEH is the worst one. He's so slow and bad. Maybe Peyton Hillis but he didn't get as many carries.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:54 PM 09-19-2021
With how scared the opposing defenses are of our passing game, and how deep we stretch defenses with Tyreek, you'd think we would be able to rip off 10+ yard runs regularly. That just isn't happening. Massively disappointing.

Another thing that's disappointing is our use of the RB in the passing game. With how much attention is being paid to Tyreek deep and on the outside, and Kelce in the middle, you'd think throwing to the RB in the flats, RB screens, wheel routes, texas routes would be something we'd be able to use at times. And we just rarely ever do it. Again...massively disappointing.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:56 PM 09-19-2021
You second guessing prognosticators crack me the fuck up. Put CEH on waivers tomorrow and see how long he lasts.

Also, the OP? Still not getting push? I know that they should look like chiseled vets after 2 games, but I feel it my duty to remind you. 2 weeks ago these five guys never played together. 2 weeks ago 3/5 of our line never had a snap in the NFL.

Seriously, you even play bro?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:59 PM 09-19-2021
I disagree it take six weeks for a line to jell. Plus the fact that helaire had some decent runs. I wish they stop running up the middle but watch they will improve.
[Reply]
Bump 11:59 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
You second guessing prognosticators crack me the **** up. Put CEH on waivers tomorrow and see how long he lasts.

Also, the OP? Still not getting push? I know that they should look like chiseled vets after 2 games, but I feel it my duty to remind you. 2 weeks ago these five guys never played together. 2 weeks ago 3/5 of our line never had a snap in the NFL.

Sounds good to me
[Reply]
Bump 12:01 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
With how scared the opposing defenses are of our passing game, and how deep we stretch defenses with Tyreek, you'd think we would be able to rip off 10+ yard runs regularly. That just isn't happening. Massively disappointing.
that's probably why he's even able to get the 3 yards per carry he's getting. Without it he'd be rushing 10 times for 10 yards instead of 10 times for 30 or 40.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:08 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
honestly, this is probably the worst running back I have ever witnessed. I can't remember if Rashaan Shehee was worse, but I remember being mad about that 2nd round pick. Also Mike Cloud.

I'm trying to remember a worse running back for the Chiefs since I started watching in 1993. I think CEH is the worst one. He's so slow and bad. Maybe Peyton Hillis but he didn't get as many carries.
Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards have some carries to Dantrell Savage. I don’t remember how many but that dude was shit. Jackie Battle too. Pretty sure Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards just played them because they had cool names.
[Reply]
Bump 12:11 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards have some carries to Dantrell Savage. I don’t remember how many but that dude was shit. Jackie Battle too. Pretty sure Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards just played them because they had cool names.
forgot about Jackie Battle, ok he was probably worse. I can't even remember Savage
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:25 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
You second guessing prognosticators crack me the fuck up. Put CEH on waivers tomorrow and see how long he lasts.

It's also not like we haven't seen CEH really kick ass in some games that we were all :-) over him watching him play last year. He will get it figured out and again people will be eating crow by mid season. Just because after two games he hasn't produced our expectations doesn't mean he won't be a beast for much of the season just need to be patient with him as this season unfolds.

I have no doubt in CEH abilities to turn it up this year as we will wreck teams with this offense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:30 AM 09-20-2021
CEH is a political piece at this point...starting someone else would be admitting you've made a mistake.

The eyeball test says he's too slow for pro football...looked amazing in college.

I like him...seems like a good dude...but he's too small/slow. His best attribute was his vision...aside from his week one run against the Texans...I cant really remember him consistently doing anything.

He's a good receiver but AR isn't using him in that capacity...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up