ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The offensive line still isn’t getting push in the run game
KCrockaholic 10:35 PM 09-19-2021
So maybe it was wishful thinking on my end, but I figured adding an extra 150lbs of beef to this OL was going to make a huge difference in the rushing game. And in a lot of ways I thought it was change the ways Reid approached the running game too. Maybe more stretch plays, maybe more power rather than traps and the usual.

Clyde has 46 yards today on 13 carries, and last week had 43 yards on 14 carries. We’re averaging 3.2 yards per carry as a team through two games.

I understand Cleveland has a solid front 4, and Baltimore is well coached despite their current injuries so it was going to be tough. But where is the push off the ball? This new OL should be mauling guys and seeing the run game absolutely suck is getting old and frankly concerning considering the additions.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:36 PM 09-19-2021
Both of those teams have garbage pass defenses/ secondaries and are built to stop the run.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:38 PM 09-19-2021
CEH is a huge part of that problem.
[Reply]
TEX 10:38 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Both of those teams have garbage pass defenses/ secondaries and are built to stop the run.
That and Clyde sucks.
[Reply]
TEX 10:39 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He really is. They're in trouble at RB.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:39 PM 09-19-2021
A better RB would have had at least 70-80 yards rushing tonight
[Reply]
Mecca 10:39 PM 09-19-2021
Clyde literally doesn't see holes, he refuses to go left where out 2 best linemen are.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This. They’re opening holes…he’s just not seeing them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:42 PM 09-19-2021
Yeah we can see holes watching live. They are there. Also they had a nice pitch to him at some point and he got himself caught from behind by either a d-end or linebacker. He’s just flat out slow.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:43 PM 09-19-2021
Yes they are
[Reply]
cdcox 10:43 PM 09-19-2021
It is going to take some time for the OL to gel. Fisher was a really good LT. If Brown can come in and do the same it would be a win. We cannot expect that Liang will be better than Schwartz, well maybe ever. NFL OL typically don't hit their peak until year 3 or so. First year players bodies aren't done developing and they are just starting to learn NFL technique. And even veteran OL units take several weeks of playing together to play as a unit. We should expect this OL to play better than the one that was shredded by Tampa (they have!) but to expect that they will be a dominant OL was training camp talk. Give it time, it has potential.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:45 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah we can see holes watching live. They are there. Also they had a nice pitch to him at some point and he got himself caught from behind by either a d-end or linebacker. He’s just flat out slow.
He looks slower than last year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 PM 09-19-2021
I remember one sweep tonight that went for like 3 yards, but there were no defenders on the screen when CEH got to the outside. He is incredibly slow.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Justin Mdabuike who weighs like 310 is faster than Clyde.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:46 PM 09-19-2021
Creed F-d up several times tonight, but it'll all get better.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up