ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is our run defense so bad?
TLO 10:21 PM 09-19-2021
Someone smarter than me please explain.

Is it the line? LBs? Both?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:17 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
25-30% of our cap goes towards the DL.

For Jones, Clark and Reed specifically to be invisible is inexcusable.
Oof. Reed. I literally totally forgot we signed that dude.

Has his name been called once this season?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:18 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I think Jones will be fine against pocket passers, but it's a lot to ask of him to defend the read option against Lamar.

Unfortunately, we don't have any better options at DE, so we had to move the 2nd best DT in the NFL to a position where he'll be slightly above average.
Call up Vernon and see how close he is to being game ready.
[Reply]
-King- 07:19 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I think Jones will be fine against pocket passers, but it's a lot to ask of him to defend the read option against Lamar.

Unfortunately, we don't have any better options at DE, so we had to move the 2nd best DT in the NFL to a position where he'll be slightly above average.
We did have other options, that's the shitty part. We could have either drafted one or signed one. But they were there. They didn't have to switch Jones to DE.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:14 AM 09-20-2021
Wasn't Britt Reid coaching the D-Line? Maybe the boys can't play with anyone else coaching them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:21 AM 09-20-2021
Nnadi and Saunders are average DTs.

We really have never had a true run thumper on this defense.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:25 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
I put it on Spags . Blown assignments every where. When the failure is this Colossal on every level of the defense it goes to the one who leads it all.
Sounds right to me as well. Guys looking lost out there.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:26 AM 09-20-2021
There is no speed on the D at all. It’s like the D were driving 55 and the Ravens were on the autobahn.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:27 AM 09-20-2021
They showed it last night during the broadcast how the guards swing to box out Jones and the LBs to open the hole, we kept falling for the same trick the whole night. They would do read options then by the time the blitzer or end would realize who had the ball, they weren't going to keep up with Lamar Jackson to get to the outside. They needed to be instinctual instead of freezing like a deer in headlights. If Jones blows through and just gets a hand on Jackson, it would've slowed his progress and allowed his defense to catch up behind him, but when the first guy misses then it's open field.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 08:30 AM 09-20-2021
We had a top 2 DT in the game that for the life of me, I can't figure out why they would put him at DE...dumb coaching at its finest. I predict at some point they will see the error in their ways and put him back in his rightful place
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 09-20-2021
Ugh, when your run defense is this bad, there are many reasons.

Biggest issue IMO is just lack of talent. We don't have many athletes on that side of the ball. Chris Jones is the only one on the DL, Gay is the only one in the LB group, and Mathieu and Sneed are the only guys in the secondary.

Guys just aren't winning their one on ones. I'm tired of seeing guys with a hat on them just get washed out of a play. Fucking disengage and collapse on the hole to make the stop.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:10 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Someone smarter than me please explain.

Is it the line? LBs? Both?
Our coaches have gotten them practicing soft. They don't realize every team gives their best. We need someone to fire their asses up.

It is like they don't understand. They are odd.

We got lucky twice last night. Ravens players gave themselves up and we go in hard for a tackle on the ground. Luckily no flags. But ten plus times also last night I counted our guys waiting for contact.

If the ball is in the air, start towards making it to the player. Don't let him catch it, turn around and then then try and tackle him. Same with rb plays. RB past Los, out guys just wait for the RB to come to them instead of closing in for a gang tackle.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:18 AM 09-20-2021
Bad coaching on the option play… The D end should have someone to take.. either the RB or the QB.. Jones confused and hung out to dry every time.. Should have told him to smash Jackson every time.. At least he would be doing something instead of standing there looking stupid..
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:23 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
There is no speed on the D at all. It’s like the D were driving 55 and the Ravens were on the autobahn.
Yup.

Especially at DE. I mean, this team has two legitimate DE's on the roster and they're both meh.

I don't know why teams won't just keep running at the perimeter.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:26 AM 09-20-2021
938 total yards allowed.
404 rushing yards allowed.
6.0 yards per carry allowed.
27th out of 32 teams in PPG allowed with 32.5.

Next three games against offenses with a ton of talent and speed, and two mobile QB's.

This is probably getting worse before it gets better.
[Reply]
TLO 09:28 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
938 total yards allowed.
404 rushing yards allowed.
6.0 yards per carry allowed.
27th out of 32 teams in PPG allowed with 32.5.

Next three games against offenses with a ton of talent and speed, and two mobile QB's.

This is probably getting worse before it gets better.
I'd welcome playing a pass heavy team with a bunch of talent at this point.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up