ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is our run defense so bad?
TLO 10:21 PM 09-19-2021
Someone smarter than me please explain.

Is it the line? LBs? Both?
[Reply]
emaw1979 04:56 AM 09-20-2021
Our DE's are trash. Neiman is a turd and Bolton is a rookie. We don't have an in-the-box safety to help either.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:24 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just telling you how the world ACTUALLY works...this is sports entertainment with a ton of gambling money attached to it.

They dont even hide it anymore...every NFL site has a section dedicated to Vegas points spreads now...it's in the open.

You can believe what you want...makes no difference to me.

I said earlier in the week..DO NOT bet KC on this game...the spread is too low.

I said dont bet on the Raiders opener for the Ravens too...

Both seemed like sure bets...until they weren't.
I really don't know what to think about this. I mean, there have been games we've lost that were a direct result of obvious bent officiating, but that wasn't the case last night - the Ratbirds got gigged on a lot more ticky-tack calls than we did. Last night, at least when we were on so-called defense, reminded me of a non-conference college game played between two teams that had no business playing because one so massively outclasses the other. Like Alabama playing Missouri State. They were that bad. The shitty plays outnumbered the good ones something like five or six to one. And when you add in the fact that Baltimore was racked with key injuries, coming off an overtime road loss on short rest, it just doesn't make any sense.

Either our defense sucks far worse than they have any business sucking, or.... shit, I don't even want to think about the alternative.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:33 AM 09-20-2021
I put it on Spags . Blown assignments every where. When the failure is this Colossal on every level of the defense it goes to the one who leads it all.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:07 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Were they really?

Or did Chubb fumbling and their punter being an idiot make it look that way?
We were the benefactor of two late turnovers for the victory last week and lost partially because of two late turnovers this week.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:12 AM 09-20-2021

Lamar Jackson and Ty'son Williams directional running per Next Gen Stats. #Ravens #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/mELMkz0cJK

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 20, 2021

[Reply]
HemiEd 06:13 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I really don't know what to think about this. I mean, there have been games we've lost that were a direct result of obvious bent officiating, but that wasn't the case last night - the Ratbirds got gigged on a lot more ticky-tack calls than we did. Last night, at least when we were on so-called defense, reminded me of a non-conference college game played between two teams that had no business playing because one so massively outclasses the other. Like Alabama playing Missouri State. They were that bad. The shitty plays outnumbered the good ones something like five or six to one. And when you add in the fact that Baltimore was racked with key injuries, coming off an overtime road loss on short rest, it just doesn't make any sense.

Either our defense sucks far worse than they have any business sucking, or.... shit, I don't even want to think about the alternative.
I wish I knew how to gif up the shot of Tyreek's jersey getting pulled. Chris Collinsworth even said, " I don't know what a penalty is anymore when Honey Badger got called.

Everyone had the Chiefs winning last night. My guess is Vegas did pretty well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:15 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I wish I knew how to gif up the shot of Tyreek's jersey getting pulled. Chris Collingsworth even said, " I don't know what a penalty is anymore when Honey Badger got called.

Everyone had the Chiefs winning last night. My guess is Vegas did pretty well.
Vegas did extremely well with the majority of the money on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:27 AM 09-20-2021
It's the Yugo defense. When you play The Chiefs, you go up and down the field.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:33 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Were they really?

Or did Chubb fumbling and their punter being an idiot make it look that way?
It’s not like the defense forced the Chubb fumble or anything, right?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:59 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
I put it on Spags . Blown assignments every where. When the failure is this Colossal on every level of the defense it goes to the one who leads it all.
Blame Spags for blown assignments? He put players in position to make a play, and they either miss the tackle, miss their assignment or can't hold the edge.. and that's his fault? :-)
[Reply]
kcclone 07:00 AM 09-20-2021
Part of our problem is we've shit the bed at drafting defensive players under Veach....

2018: Speaks (out of the league), Nnadi (jag), O'Daniel (garbage), Watts (garbage), Tremon Smith (cut)

2019: Thornhill (jag), Saunders (jag), Fenton (jag)

2020: Gay (can't stay on the field), Sneed (stud), Danna (jag), Keys (cut)
[Reply]
kcclone 07:03 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Spags was handed a turd. This D has Jones and Honey Badger. Outside of that, there isn't much to work with. And because our DE situation is so bad, Jones is playing out of position. He can probably be fine at DE against pocket QB's, but he's way too slow against Lamar.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:11 AM 09-20-2021
The rat birds noticed something on tape and took advantage of it: Chris Jones over-pursues. Run counters all day long to the right side of the OL... Jones will crash inside. No edge is set, so the run is going to break off for a decent to big gain.

Combine that with the fact that Bolton appears to be the only decent LB KC has on the roster, and it's going to be a recurring theme until Jones learns how to set the edge (or we move him back inside).
[Reply]
kcclone 07:14 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
The rat birds noticed something on tape and took advantage of it: Chris Jones over-pursues. Run counters all day long to the right side of the OL... Jones will crash inside. No edge is set, so the run is going to break off for a decent to big gain.

Combine that with the fact that Bolton appears to be the only decent LB KC has on the roster, and it's going to be a recurring theme until Jones learns how to set the edge (or we move him back inside).

I think Jones will be fine against pocket passers, but it's a lot to ask of him to defend the read option against Lamar.

Unfortunately, we don't have any better options at DE, so we had to move the 2nd best DT in the NFL to a position where he'll be slightly above average.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:16 AM 09-20-2021
What's the word on Thornhill, did he play any snaps last night?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up