ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Some Things About Tonight's Game Week 2: KC 35, Poiple Boids 36
gblowfish 10:01 PM 09-19-2021
Some Things About Tonight’s Game Week 2: KC 35 Poiple Boids 36:

Tonight was Baltimore’s home opener on National TV, so they were pumped. Big stage, national spotlight, Lamar had lost four times in a row to Mahomes. This game reminded me a lot of the Chiefs-Rams game in LA three years ago. Track meet, no defense played on either side. KC gave up 481 yards in total offense, and you’re not going to win when you leak yardage like that.

Bright side stuff: Kelce goes over 8,000 receiving yards faster than any other Tight End in NFL history -another page in his HOF resume- including maybe his best TD catch and run of his career. Pringle had a nice TD catch and run, which is why he should be our number two guy. Honey Badger had a great first quarter, then disappeared. He may not be in game shape yet.

Not so Bright Side Stuff: Mahomes pick in the second half was a real bad play. Just take the sack there. Trying to force that throw looked like one of his fourth quarter Super Bowl desperation passes last year. It flipped the momentum of the game. Just take the sack and live to fight on the next series. It was one of the few mistakes Mahomes made during the game, but it was critical and put Baltimore back into the game.

Butt Ugly Stuff: Chris Jones and Frank Clark got schooled all night by a patchwork Ravens offensive line. Neither one showed up in this game. Jones should be especially ashamed of his performance. Unacceptable effort. The Ravens ran right at Clark all night long. He cannot hold the edge and is easy pickings for off tackle runs. KC gave up 251 yards rushing to Jackson and three third string running backs. KC desperately needs defensive ends that can play the run, and linebackers who don't miss tackles, like everyone except Nick Bolton.

Unforgivable Stuff: Chiefs may have won this game with Buttkicker, but CEH puked up the ball. Worst fumble since Jamaal Charles puked one up to Denver in the last :30 to lose at Arrowhead. They need to bench CEH for a month and go with McKinnon. There has to be punishment for handing a game away like that. However, it's just as unforgivable that Andy Reid would not put the game in the hands of his half-billion dollar QB at crunch time. Tampa Bay lets Brady win the game for them. Packers do the same with Rodgers. You don’t play for the field goal, you let Mahomes do his thing and win the game. You have to believe in your guy. That’s why Harbaugh let Jackson run for the game sealing first down on 4th and one. You trust in your guy. Andy didn't do that, and it burned him. He better accept some responsibility and mean it.

End Result: So, Mahomes loses his first September game of his career by one point on the road. Hopefully he'll learn from the negative experience. We’re tied for last in the AFC West with the Bolts, so loser is awarded the AFC West cellar next Sunday. And if push comes to shove, give Patrick the damn ball and let him win the game. At least if Justin Herbert is going to win again this year at Geeee Haw field, he won't be beating our JV squad. Although our defense looked a Hell of a lot like a JV squad tonight. Spags better figure out how to stop LA’s rushing attack or we could be in for another long, angry and frustrating day.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:44 AM 09-20-2021
Defense? What Defense.
[Reply]
YayMike 06:50 AM 09-20-2021
Great as always George. I think the Chris Jones experiment is over as DE. Also, time for DW or even JM to get carries. As I said last week, CEH looks bad. Like… bad. Even before the fumble, the OL was opening up holes, we needed more from the run game.

Sucks to lose but better now to them then when we see them in January, gets the “can’t beat the chiefs” monkey off the back. But the game wasn’t this close…and for those that say the best 2 running teams already played us.
True, but Oakland was literally assembled to beat us, they’ll be tough. So will Sandy Eggo this week: need to see changes
[Reply]
tmax63 06:59 AM 09-20-2021
CEH picked a bad time for his first fumble in the NFL. 1:20 to go on the clock. Reid was doing the right thing, run the ball 3 times, make Baltimore burn their last timeout, and let Butker kick a 40-45 yard FG with about 10 seconds left in the game. Can't fault the plan.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:04 AM 09-20-2021
250 carries without a fumble.
I'll take that and move on to the Super Chargers
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:56 AM 09-20-2021
Love the new format g. Don’t think I coulda handled 10 this week.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:15 AM 09-20-2021
Thanks again for the write up. Tough loss last night, but it's only the 2nd game of the season. Lots of things to work on this week before the bolts game. :-)
[Reply]
YayMike 08:27 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
CEH picked a bad time for his first fumble in the NFL. 1:20 to go on the clock. Reid was doing the right thing, run the ball 3 times, make Baltimore burn their last timeout, and let Butker kick a 40-45 yard FG with about 10 seconds left in the game. Can't fault the plan.
Absolutely. Nothing wrong with the plan for the final drive. Fumbles happen. That is the least of my gripes for last night.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:50 AM 09-20-2021
The Donks and Faid are going to be at the top of the division for the rest of September. Denver has an easy schedule. They open with wins against two bottom feeder teams -the Giants and Jags- and next week they play the Jets, who suck out loud. Vegas won an OT game against the Ravens in their home opener that they could have easily lost, and beat a geriatric Big Ben and no TJ Watt yesterday. Next week they get Miami who just lost their starting QB and got smoked by Buffalo. Denver's schedule gets a lot tougher in the second half of the season, and the Faid are playing better so far this year and are the favored contender to KC in the AFC West. Very important that we win Sunday and start making hay in the division.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:01 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
Absolutely. Nothing wrong with the plan for the final drive. Fumbles happen. That is the least of my gripes for last night.
Yeah, I would say it was at worst a wasted play call... CEH would at best get a few yards and the first down and at worst (besides fumble, obviously) lose a couple yards... either of which you could get with RPO or any number of ways to get Mahomes out in space and allow him to make a play.

I don't think it has anything to do with trust, that's a pretty severe overreaction, IMO... running the ball on 2nd and 3 is well within their normal offense. There are far better and more effective options and it's absolutely never wrong to keep letting Mahomes make plays... but, running the ball to try picking up the first while running some clock isn't nearly the same level of concern as the fumble itself, wasting possessions earlier in the half, the defense, the dumb interception, etc.
[Reply]
YayMike 09:21 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I would say it was at worst a wasted play call... CEH would at best get a few yards and the first down and at worst (besides fumble, obviously) lose a couple yards... either of which you could get with RPO or any number of ways to get Mahomes out in space and allow him to make a play.

I don't think it has anything to do with trust, that's a pretty severe overreaction, IMO... running the ball on 2nd and 3 is well within their normal offense. There are far better and more effective options and it's absolutely never wrong to keep letting Mahomes make plays... but, running the ball to try picking up the first while running some clock isn't nearly the same level of concern as the fumble itself, wasting possessions earlier in the half, the defense, the dumb interception, etc.
Exactly. It’s hard to want to criticize the best qb we’ve ever had, maybe the game has ever seen, but he’s made some dumb plays like that thinking he can do anything. He needs to take that sack, just go down.

I don’t understand the offensive game plan on quite a few drives. The ravens were majorly banged up and we just didn’t take advantage . Need to regroup for Chargers. But … two weeks in, offensive line looks good, but the offense itself…needs tweaking.

Funny thing is, all the bitching I’m doing, and everyone else is doing, and we were still one fumble away from winning. This team is so good that even when it plays like shit, like yesterday, they’re going to win most games, the problem is we need to see consistency. And we need to see this team blow teams out like they are capable of and should most weeks.
[Reply]
jettio 09:51 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
Great as always George. I think the Chris Jones experiment is over as DE. Also, time for DW or even JM to get carries. As I said last week, CEH looks bad. Like… bad. Even before the fumble, the OL was opening up holes, we needed more from the run game.

Sucks to lose but better now to them then when we see them in January, gets the “can’t beat the chiefs” monkey off the back. But the game wasn’t this close…and for those that say the best 2 running teams already played us.
True, but Oakland was literally assembled to beat us, they’ll be tough. So will Sandy Eggo this week: need to see changes
Chris Jones is going to keep lining up on outside. Ravens have a unique offense. Chiefs are not going to drastically change assignments for players based on one game against a team that runs such a unique offense.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:23 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I maybe minority but I say feed Clyde the ball he carried the Ravens defense on his back for a first down. Lets not give up on him he doesn't fumble all that often it was just a costly fumble that sucked but we need him to be a force so we can get him going behind this offensive line.
Not sure why we don't pass him the ball more he seems more suited to working in space .
[Reply]
YayMike 11:05 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Chris Jones is going to keep lining up on outside. Ravens have a unique offense. Chiefs are not going to drastically change assignments for players based on one game against a team that runs such a unique offense.
Point taken, But…he was playing against backups and scrubs and got 0 pressures even on straight drop backs. He was owned by the RPOs, which most guys do their first few times. The concern is the regular runs and drop backs, he was invisible.
[Reply]
TEX 12:06 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The Donks and Faid are going to be at the top of the division for the rest of September. Denver has an easy schedule. They open with wins against two bottom feeder teams -the Giants and Jags- and next week they play the Jets, who suck out loud. Vegas won an OT game against the Ravens in their home opener that they could have easily lost, and beat a geriatric Big Ben and no TJ Watt yesterday. Next week they get Miami who just lost their starting QB and got smoked by Buffalo. Denver's schedule gets a lot tougher in the second half of the season, and the Faid are playing better so far this year and are the favored contender to KC in the AFC West. Very important that we win Sunday and start making hay in the division.
They won't beat the Chargers if the defense plays as poorly as it did last night.
[Reply]
YayMike 12:07 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
They won't beat the Chargers if the defense plays as poorly as it did last night.
They also won’t beat the chargers if we can’t play more consistent on offense . There is definite room for improvement on both sides of the ball… the Chargers D is good…
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up