ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Some Things About Tonight's Game Week 2: KC 35, Poiple Boids 36
gblowfish 10:01 PM 09-19-2021
Some Things About Tonight’s Game Week 2: KC 35 Poiple Boids 36:

Tonight was Baltimore’s home opener on National TV, so they were pumped. Big stage, national spotlight, Lamar had lost four times in a row to Mahomes. This game reminded me a lot of the Chiefs-Rams game in LA three years ago. Track meet, no defense played on either side. KC gave up 481 yards in total offense, and you’re not going to win when you leak yardage like that.

Bright side stuff: Kelce goes over 8,000 receiving yards faster than any other Tight End in NFL history -another page in his HOF resume- including maybe his best TD catch and run of his career. Pringle had a nice TD catch and run, which is why he should be our number two guy. Honey Badger had a great first quarter, then disappeared. He may not be in game shape yet.

Not so Bright Side Stuff: Mahomes pick in the second half was a real bad play. Just take the sack there. Trying to force that throw looked like one of his fourth quarter Super Bowl desperation passes last year. It flipped the momentum of the game. Just take the sack and live to fight on the next series. It was one of the few mistakes Mahomes made during the game, but it was critical and put Baltimore back into the game.

Butt Ugly Stuff: Chris Jones and Frank Clark got schooled all night by a patchwork Ravens offensive line. Neither one showed up in this game. Jones should be especially ashamed of his performance. Unacceptable effort. The Ravens ran right at Clark all night long. He cannot hold the edge and is easy pickings for off tackle runs. KC gave up 251 yards rushing to Jackson and three third string running backs. KC desperately needs defensive ends that can play the run, and linebackers who don't miss tackles, like everyone except Nick Bolton.

Unforgivable Stuff: Chiefs may have won this game with Buttkicker, but CEH puked up the ball. Worst fumble since Jamaal Charles puked one up to Denver in the last :30 to lose at Arrowhead. They need to bench CEH for a month and go with McKinnon. There has to be punishment for handing a game away like that. However, it's just as unforgivable that Andy Reid would not put the game in the hands of his half-billion dollar QB at crunch time. Tampa Bay lets Brady win the game for them. Packers do the same with Rodgers. You don’t play for the field goal, you let Mahomes do his thing and win the game. You have to believe in your guy. That’s why Harbaugh let Jackson run for the game sealing first down on 4th and one. You trust in your guy. Andy didn't do that, and it burned him. He better accept some responsibility and mean it.

End Result: So, Mahomes loses his first September game of his career by one point on the road. Hopefully he'll learn from the negative experience. We’re tied for last in the AFC West with the Bolts, so loser is awarded the AFC West cellar next Sunday. And if push comes to shove, give Patrick the damn ball and let him win the game. At least if Justin Herbert is going to win again this year at Geeee Haw field, he won't be beating our JV squad. Although our defense looked a Hell of a lot like a JV squad tonight. Spags better figure out how to stop LA’s rushing attack or we could be in for another long, angry and frustrating day.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:05 PM 09-19-2021
Did the Rams have 15 billion people on IR?
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 10:05 PM 09-19-2021
I thought the two penalties on Matthieu were VERY iffy.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:10 PM 09-19-2021
Complacency finally got us tonight. For too long we've played with our food for 2.5 quarters before turning on the jets.

We're going to be every other teams Super Bowl for the foreseeable future. If we want to be a dynasty, there's a level of professionalism I think the team can learn from watching how Brady operates.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 10:13 PM 09-19-2021
New here, what does the triangular sign mean?
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 10:15 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Complacency finally got us tonight. For too long we've played with our food for 2.5 quarters before turning on the jets.

We're going to be every other teams Super Bowl for the foreseeable future. If we want to be a dynasty, there's a level of professionalism I think the team can learn from watching how Brady operates.
They can learn how to cause their opponents mess up and turn the football over?
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:21 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by dolphinsneu:
They can learn how to cause their opponents mess up and turn the football over?
Come back and try again after you've sobered up.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:22 PM 09-19-2021
Another head scratcher was the fact the Mahomes knee had touched the ground before he released the ball on his INT, so he should have been ruled down. No challenge. The defense, other than the two picks, reminded me of the Greg Robinson glory days.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:22 PM 09-19-2021
This thread = mind blown = rolls eyes= lol
[Reply]
notorious 10:22 PM 09-19-2021
I don't know how you gathered the strength, GB, but thanks.

I'm still raging pissed about a game I have no control over. :-)
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 10:23 PM 09-19-2021
Right now the panties and bra football league permits more contact than the National Football league
[Reply]
Bowser 10:25 PM 09-19-2021
Chris Jones should not be playing defensive end
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:02 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by dolphinsneu:
New here, what does the triangular sign mean?
You mean the orange one on CEH?
[Reply]
tk13 11:19 PM 09-19-2021
Only played two games and the Broncos and Raiders are the only two undefeated teams left in the AFC.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:28 PM 09-19-2021
I maybe minority but I say feed Clyde the ball he carried the Ravens defense on his back for a first down. Lets not give up on him he doesn't fumble all that often it was just a costly fumble that sucked but we need him to be a force so we can get him going behind this offensive line.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up