ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What happened to Dane?
Coogs 06:33 PM 09-06-2021
Never thought I would be the one asking this, but what happened to Dane?
Hasn't posted since July, and I don't remember a big blow up that would normally lead to his taking a break. Seemed like he was amped up for the season.
[Reply]
burt 10:42 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Dane McCloud. Dane McCloud. Dane McCloud.
Now to see if it works.....
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:46 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Now to see if it works.....
You're chasing after this douche like the little kid at the end of Shane.

Don't worry. He'll be back. Where else is he going to find people willing to listen to his boring ass stories?
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 10:47 AM 09-09-2021
I saw him Sunday at the Sherman Oaks Guitar Center. He reeked of booze but was nailing the opening riff to Sweet Child O' Mine.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:51 AM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The only posters who had any problems with Dane were complete fucking morons.
Yep.

He and I disagreed all the time. Never once called me a butt fucking moron.

I think he saved that for *checks notes* the people he thought were butt fucking morons.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:52 AM 09-09-2021
Hopefully he makes his triumphant return tonight or Sunday afternoon
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:30 PM 09-09-2021
Have we found this piece of shit yet?

Kidding. Never had a problem with Dane
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:06 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Yep.

He and I disagreed all the time. Never once called me a butt ****ing moron.

I think he saved that for *checks notes* the people he thought were butt ****ing morons.
Interesting that you both would make that generalization....

For the record, I enjoy reading most of Dane's posts and insights on some things. His insights into the inner works of Hollywood are interesting to read. And his football takes are no better/worse that most knowledgable fans so I don't have problems with that for the most part.

But someone hit the nail on the head when they said he could be a general jerk when he doesn't agree with your take. Not just general disagreement....a real Anger Management issues disagreement.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:22 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

For the record, I enjoy reading most of Dane's posts and insights on some things. His insights into the inner works of Hollywood are interesting to read. And his football takes are no better/worse that most knowledgable fans so I don't have problems with that for the most part.

But someone hit the nail on the head when they said he could be a general jerk when he doesn't agree with your take. Not just general disagreement....a real Anger Management issues disagreement.
Yeah I mean I have nothing against him (having never met the guy irl) but I did notice how enraged he would get at other posters (myself included) regarding different opinions on film and tv stuff.
I was never offended or bothered by it in fact I thought it was funny in a sad pathetic sorta way. He chewed out some poster and lectured the poster on how he's been working in Hollywood for over 3 decades and then bragging about being on an internet message board for over a 10 years and being highly respected by all the posters. I got a good chuckle out of it picturing this 50+ year old white guy furiously typing out his response with his fat little sausage fingers. :-)

Hope he returns to posting on here.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:02 PM 09-09-2021
Some buttfucking morons are about to get them cheeks clapped when Stone Cold Dane Austin shows back up in the bitch:

[Reply]
burt 08:16 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
You're chasing after this douche like the little kid at the end of Shane.

Don't worry. He'll be back. Where else is he going to find people willing to listen to his boring ass stories?
Hey....I'M not the one that said his name 3 times.....
[Reply]
burt 08:18 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
this 60+ year old balding white guy furiously typing out his response with his fat little sausage fingers. :-)
FYP to describe me!!!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:23 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

No doubt.

I guess my point is that I've seen him disagree with a ton of people over the last 15 years - and that he seems to do it respectfully with people - wait for for it - he respects.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall him ever calling Hamas, or DJ, or htismaqe, etc butt fucking morons.

For better or worse, I guess I see some of him in myself - I have no patience for bullshit, and have no issue calling people on it. Something Parker said to me early on - something to the effect of "I don't agree with you, but keep bringing it every time you post"

Dane brought it everytime he posted, and if he thought you were full of shit or just a plain ole dipshit, you were gonna hear about it.
[Reply]
-King- 08:26 AM 09-10-2021
No doubt.

I guess my point is that I've seen him disagree with a ton of people over the last 15 years - and that he seems to do it respectfully with people - wait for for it - he respects.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall him ever calling Hamas, or DJ, or htismaqe, etc butt fucking morons.

For better or worse, I guess I see some of him in myself - I have no patience for bullshit, and have no issue calling people on it. Something Parker said to me early on - something to the effect of "I don't agree with you, but keep bringing it every time you post"

Dane brought it everytime he posted, and if he thought you were full of shit or just a plain ole dipshit, you were gonna hear about it.
This is such a long winded way of calling someone a dick :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:36 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
This is such a long winded way of calling someone a dick :-)
I mean, he absolutely was a dick to a lot of people. And he'd openly admit that.

If we're going to judge based solely on things posted here, then 99.4% of this board is a dick. Personally, it's what I love about this place.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:49 AM 09-10-2021
No doubt.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall him ever calling Hamas, or DJ, or htismaqe, etc butt ****ing morons.

I'm fine with people challenging me on what I state/believe...had a lot of disagreements on here with other Planet denizens. Most just say...sorry dude I think you are wrong in different ways...some very creative. I am fine with that...

But getting enraged enough to post something to the effect of "you are a dipshit"....or "you are a $%&@# moron" may be alright with you, but not with me. That's a whole other level of angry that is unhealthy. I have seen Dane disagree with people on here and it wasn't respectfully....and was for small things.

I am assuming he has me on ignore....just like I have him on ignore. Life is too short and I am too old to tolerate someone who doesn't know me getting enraged for disagreeing. There are too many other good Chiefs fans on here to discuss/disagree with that don't resort to angry posts to make their point.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up