Media Center>The Suicide Squad
Sure-Oz 02:53 PM 07-28-2021
Looks like it's opening Aug 6th

Rotten tomatoes score 98% on 54 reviews. Damn
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:33 AM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I surprisingly liked GOTG...did not like this...sooo
Movies are subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:02 PM 08-08-2021
My expectations were a touch too high. Still enjoyed it. Laughed out loud several times.

Solid 7.5.

Going to watch again as I think a rewatch will be fun.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:58 PM 08-08-2021
I feel like weasel needed more screen time. Is that a real thing from the comics??
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:20 PM 08-08-2021
I didn't like how they portrayed Waller in this one they made her too hokey, in the original Suicide Squad she was like ruthless gangster employed by the government.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:33 PM 08-08-2021
I enjoyed this movie and the post credit setup. It was fun and violent and crazy with some heart too. Hopefully they get a sequel.
[Reply]
Fish 07:55 AM 08-09-2021
This movie was a mess.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:34 AM 08-09-2021
It was an okay, vapid experience that started as a 9/10, and ended as a 6.5/10. Gunn really needed someone to tell him no a few times here.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:36 PM 08-09-2021
It was definitely more fun to watch than the first one. Starro and King Shark were cool. I like seeing lesser known villains like Ratcatcher and Polka Dot Man. I've been a fan of David Dastmalchian since he was in The Dark Knight. He's a Kansas City guy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 08-09-2021

According to Samba, 2.8 million people watched #TheSuicideSquad on HBO Max this weekend. If every single one of them paid $10 to see it in theaters the weekend gross would have been $54.5 million.

The first movie made $64.8 million in a single day.

That’s the TOMB RAIDER trap.

— VA (@ViewerAnon) August 9, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:23 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yea, all the media chatter was how it tanked. At least that’s the perception right now.

Probably a lot of different things combined why it underperformed.

It will be interesting to see how ‘Shaing Chi’ does in a few weeks. That’s basically a C level superhero.
[Reply]
Fish 08:53 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I feel like weasel needed more screen time. Is that a real thing from the comics??
I had to look. Technically, yes. But it was one of the most brief comic cameos ever. In the comics, he apparently wasn't even a weasel, but wore a costume. Didn't have any powers. And died immediately.

Not sure why you'd want more screen time. They did absolutely nothing to fill in any backstory other than "Well, he did kill ~20-30 kids." Can't remember the exact quote. But nothing else for backstory. That wasn't mentioned in the comics. He said nothing. Did nothing. Other than a bit of intrigue factor, it was a complete waste. It made bringing him back at the end to be completely pointless. I don't really get it....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:08 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I had to look. Technically, yes. But it was one of the most brief comic cameos ever. In the comics, he apparently wasn't even a weasel, but wore a costume. Didn't have any powers. And died immediately.

Not sure why you'd want more screen time. They did absolutely nothing to fill in any backstory other than "Well, he did kill ~20-30 kids." Can't remember the exact quote. But nothing else for backstory. That wasn't mentioned in the comics. He said nothing. Did nothing. Other than a bit of intrigue factor, it was a complete waste. It made bringing him back at the end to be completely pointless. I don't really get it....
Oh ok thanks. Weasel was basically just a funny throwaway gag. I liked his tiny bit of screen time, but admit it would be hard to build a full character around that.
[Reply]
Fish 09:45 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Oh ok thanks. Weasel was basically just a funny throwaway gag. I liked his tiny bit of screen time, but admit it would be hard to build a full character around that.
During watching, I actually hoped it was going somewhere. Kinda thought they were doing a similar to Rocket Racoon setup. But, no...
[Reply]
Jamie 11:33 PM 08-09-2021
I'm perplexed by the negative reaction to this movie here. It's like we saw a different movie. Also I'd like to mention, most of those characters from the beginning were Z-list, shit-tier characters. It's kind of a testament to Gunn that he made people care enough to be upset about them.

Although I have noticed, there is something about putting a character on screen that elevates it. In comics it might just be nonsense that some writer pooped out in 1973 because he was on a deadline and didn't have another idea, but when you cast an actor and put him in the costume it inherently adds a weight to it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:02 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I'm perplexed by the negative reaction to this movie here. It's like we saw a different movie. Also I'd like to mention, most of those characters from the beginning were Z-list, shit-tier characters. It's kind of a testament to Gunn that he made people care enough to be upset about them.

Although I have noticed, there is something about putting a character on screen that elevates it. In comics it might just be nonsense that some writer pooped out in 1973 because he was on a deadline and didn't have another idea, but when you cast an actor and put him in the costume it inherently adds a weight to it.

Don't get me wrong, it's still easily a top 3 DC film. I think I raised my expectations way too high knowing Gunn was attached when it was simply good.

Something else I found issue with this film, was that most of the characters were way too...good? I thought this was supposed to be a movie about terrible criminals, when really only Peacemaker fit the bill. Everyone else was just too nice.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up