ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:43 PM 06-04-2021
It's silly season.

It's a BIG assumption that Hitchens is going to get another contract just because his new LB coach said some nice things about him.

Especially when they have 2 young LB in the room they probably want to model themselves after Hitchens.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:44 PM 06-04-2021
Nobody is assuming it, just talking about it
[Reply]
banyon 12:45 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Buck up, buddy. Life is too short to track literally one internet stranger and shit on him all the time.
He tracks a few.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:47 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
He tracks a few.
:-)

And what are you doing right now quoting an old post that had nothing to do with you? Clearly, most people agree with me in regards to Direckshun. You care to actually dispute that?

You don’t even post much in the Lounge....
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I didn't like the Bolton pick and was convinced how good he is but also I thought either Gay or Bolton would eventually be Hitchens' replacement.

If he gets another contract then I have to say I don't really understand the Bolton pick when Terrace Marshall was on the board. I trust Veach and maybe Marshall's injury is bad? We'll see I guess
Hitchens is gone after this year and Bolton was drafted to be his replacement. It couldn’t be more obvious.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hitchens is gone after this year and Bolton was drafted to be his replacement. It couldn’t be more obvious.
I thought it was obvious but that conversation was a little bit more than just typical coach speak.

I still think Bolton is going to be the MLB going forward but you have to wonder.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:03 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I thought it was obvious but that conversation was a little bit more than just typical coach speak.

I still think Bolton is going to be the MLB going forward but you have to wonder.
I honestly don’t think it means anything at all. It’s a position coach, and a new one at that.

I’d imagine part of it is also letting Hitchens know he’s valued and appreciated despite drafting LB’s in back to back years, one of which seems to be his future replacement
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:04 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This podcast with Craig, Matt and Kent talks all about this in detail

But what they say about LB is even crazier.

I started it when they start talking about Hitchens
I strictly listen to podcasts normally and im very upset about how these men actually look.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:40 PM 06-04-2021
I honestly don’t think it means anything at all. It’s a position coach, and a new one at that.

I’d imagine part of it is also letting Hitchens know he’s valued and appreciated despite drafting LB’s in back to back years, one of which seems to be his future replacement
You're probably right, of course. I just think it will be interesting to see.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:47 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're probably right, of course. I just think it will be interesting to see.
I agree that it’s interesting. These are the kinds of things fans, and even the media, don’t know.

It goes to show Hitchens might not have been as overpaid as we’ve all thought.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:08 PM 06-04-2021

Yes. And maybe sending a message about HOW you gain praise from this coach.

I've used that tactic myself... overly and vocally praising an experienced team member for doing it "the right way" as an example to new guys and gals.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:56 PM 06-15-2021

Chiefs are planning to use DT Chris Jones as an edge rusher at times this season. That’s going to be a legitimate problem for tackles.

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) June 15, 2021

[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:36 PM 06-15-2021
Guys remember when Andy said throughout 2016 that Alex was unquestionably the guy for the indefinite future?

Likely the same deal regarding Hitchens here.

Back to the thread topic, I’m excited to see how they want to use Jones.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:04 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Honest question: do we have a precedent in NFL history for a dominant, Top 3 DT who went on to become even a merely really good DE?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:16 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Honest question: do we have a precedent in NFL history for a dominant, Top 3 DT who went on to become even a merely really good DE?
Reggie White?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up