ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:03 PM 09-20-2021
I rewatched the Ravens 4th down conversion with a minute left. Chris Jones was playing inside with Okafor on the outside & he got basically pancaked by Villanueva.

Embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Shields68 03:11 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I rewatched the Ravens 4th down conversion with a minute left. Chris Jones was playing inside with Okafor on the outside & he got basically pancaked by Villanueva.

Embarrassing

In fairness, the Chiefs did not react to the Ravens unbalanced line. The Chiefs were totally out schemed. Jones faced a double team and tried to split it but failed miserably. May have been different story if he did not have to beat the double team. Schwartz does a nice job breaking it down.

Ravens finish off the Chiefs with a beautiful extra lineman unbalanced tackle over QB power. Chiefs don’t align right and the Ravens cave down the left side. Double team to the linebacker, puller inside out. Love it. pic.twitter.com/m9DYZ1Nnp5

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 20, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:18 PM 09-20-2021
The Ravens lined up and snapped it really quick. Got us confused and misaligned.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:22 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
In fairness, the Chiefs did not react to the Ravens unbalanced line. The Chiefs were totally out schemed. Jones faced a double team and tried to split it but failed miserably. May have been different story if he did not have to beat the double team. Schwartz does a nice job breaking it down.

So poor coaching.

[Reply]
TEX 03:24 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's fair. The Browns and Titans are pretty traditional anyway.

The Ravens are just so unorthodox with all of the misdirection, read options, and insanely mobile QB. People can hate on Lamar all they want, but he is a great football player. There's a reason his win percentage is second only to Mahomes.
KC seemed to handle it before well enough.
[Reply]
TEX 03:25 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
So poor coaching.

Yep. They looked like preschoolers out there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:29 PM 09-20-2021
Tbh, Chris looked slow last night. I really thought he'd come off the snap a little more explosively, but for the most part I just didn't see it. Motoring right past the RB when the hand-off happened right in front of him a couple times didn't help. Kind of wondering if Jones has some kind of visual issue?

I love Chris Jones, and honestly for the most part he seems more disciplined than he did before Spags came to town, so I'm trying hard not to criticize, but he has to do more than just rush the passer.

And last night I'm pretty sure we were mostly mush-rushing to try and keep Lamar in the pocket, but Jones still has to at least look for the hand-off. Or recognize the screen. Hoping he cleans up his game some before next weekend.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 03:30 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It's entirely possible that Jones agreed to the contract he agreed to in exchange for the promise he could play DE more.
Wild speculation. It would be rare to have any sort of stipulation in his contract. % snaps at the position he wants? LOL. Spags will tell you where to line up.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 03:30 PM 09-20-2021
I think it's clear this experiment has failed. Chris has ALWAYS sucked at contain.

He needs to move back to tackle right away.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 03:31 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's unfathomable to me why this wasn't the plan all along. Why the fuck are you moving an elite DT to be an average DE. If the answer is necessity then Veach needs a punch in the fucking mouth.
We cut Clark after this season and I'll bet Veach addresses both DE positions.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:39 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Tbh, Chris looked slow last night. I really thought he'd come off the snap a little more explosively, but for the most part I just didn't see it. Motoring right past the RB when the hand-off happened right in front of him a couple times didn't help. Kind of wondering if Jones has some kind of visual issue?

I love Chris Jones, and honestly for the most part he seems more disciplined than he did before Spags came to town, so I'm trying hard not to criticize, but he has to do more than just rush the passer.

And last night I'm pretty sure we were mostly mush-rushing to try and keep Lamar in the pocket, but Jones still has to at least look for the hand-off. Or recognize the screen. Hoping he cleans up his game some before next weekend.

Probably had a lot to do with him not being experienced at playing that scheme at DE. Looked to me like he was doing a lot of thinking and that, understandably, slowed him down a ton.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better to slide Jones back inside for this game and roll with Clark and Okafor on the edges.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:49 PM 09-20-2021
We also should have kept Ogbah. None of our moves seem to work out on the DL.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:54 PM 09-20-2021
Craig Stout is white trash
[Reply]
-King- 02:12 PM 09-26-2021
Stupidest shit ever.
[Reply]
YayMike 02:56 PM 09-26-2021
He was invisible yet again…
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >