ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2021 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs ***
Dante84 09:38 AM 02-08-2021
After a hard fought season defending the title, we fell short in the finale due to some critical holes that need to be addressed. Sure, we'll get some guys back at some of these spots, but we absolutely need this draft to be successful if we are to keep our status as a SB favorite in the years ahead.

O-Line, Edge, WR stand out as our biggest needs, among others. Let's hope Veach works his magic again.

This is the 10th year in a row that we will be tracking the college players the Chiefs have publicly or privately expressed interest in leading up to the NFL Draft.

This will be a more difficult challenge given that there will be no combine, only the Senior Bowl, various Pro Days and virtual visits.

Here's how we did in 2020 - Clyde was our only hit, surprisingly.

For those who are new, the way this operates is that we collectively monitor various social media sources, blogs, articles and reports for news of the Chiefs' interest in a certain player. When posted in this thread, I will update the OP to include the player. *Please provide the link to the article, the players name, position and team.

I am going to try to link to player profiles when they exist, courtesy of The Draft Network, other site write up, or their team's website.

Let's meet some of our future Chiefs:

2020 Draft - Chiefs Prospect Tracker

Offense
QB

RB
Pooka Williams, Kansas
Jaret Patterson, Buffalo
Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana

WR
Josh Palmer, Tennessee
Austin Watkins, UAB
Nico Collins, Michigan

TE
Brevin Jordan, Miami

OT
Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

G
Sam Cooper, Merrimack

C
Drake Jackson, Kentucky

Defense
CB
Greg Newsome, Northwestern
Asante Samuel, Jr., Florida State

S
Paris Ford, Pittsburgh

DE / Edge
Wyatt Hubert, Kansas State
Daelin Hayes, Notre Dame
Payton Turner, Houston

OLB
Isaiah McDuffie, Boston College

ILB
Nick Bolton, Missouri
Anthony Butler, Liberty

DL

DT

Special Teams
P

K

LS

Links to Past Years:
[Reply]
kccrow 02:34 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Interesting.

The game film and highlight tape suggest this kid is a bulldog and plays bigger than his size. He’s a monster in the run game but is not the greatest in man-to-man coverage. Those measurables are nothing to write home about from the article, but if he drops to the late fourth or beyond, he might be a great replacement and upgrade on Armani Watts who has done little to nothing in his tenure in KC.
Tape of a 3rd rounder but the workout was dogshit not even worthy of UDFA. Gotta think he gets a shot on the tape, but its going to be late. Could be a gem that just had a bad day at the office.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:18 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Tape of a 3rd rounder but the workout was dogshit not even worthy of UDFA. Gotta think he gets a shot on the tape, but its going to be late. Could be a gem that just had a bad day at the office.
Yeah, it's the same issue Brevin Jordan has. His pro day workout was not just bad, it was like historically bad.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:39 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, it's the same issue Brevin Jordan has. His pro day workout was not just bad, it was like historically bad.
Oh, I don't know, Jordan's 40 time was okay...

for a Guard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh, I don't know, Jordan's 40 time was okay...

for a Guard.
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:49 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It speaks to a deeper issue. This pandemic year has allowed prospects to prep for testing like never before and a lot of guys coming off the opt-out have no excuse but to not be in shape, but many are showing up with lack lustre results. These guys can’t care to be in shape when all eyes are looking at them -why should organizations trust them to be dependable? It was known that Ford was combative with coaches and teammates in his time at Pitt. Comes off as selfish it seems.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:41 AM 04-27-2021
Updated, thanks fellas.

Rough couple of years w/ Covid. Hopefully next year gets back to normal!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:34 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Updated, thanks fellas.

Rough couple of years w/ Covid. Hopefully next year gets back to normal!
Dante you are a beauty - Thanks for updating this, and I look forward to your split second threads about the new Chiefs that get drafted including highlights and game film!
[Reply]
Dante84 07:08 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Dante you are a beauty - Thanks for updating this, and I look forward to your split second threads about the new Chiefs that get drafted including highlights and game film!
Been getting my stretches in this week to prepare!

Thanks man
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:02 PM 04-28-2021
Thanks Dante you've been doing this for as long as I can remember and always do a great job!
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:28 PM 04-28-2021
Chief Wire’s final list (published today). Unless I’m blind, I think we’ve got all of these on the list already.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:13 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Thanks Dante you've been doing this for as long as I can remember and always do a great job!
Meh, I rely on everyone else to contribute, so it’s the broader team that deserves the credit. I just have fun organizing it all in an easy to read format so I can quick access the info, and I figure others do, too.

Props to the dudes who participate!
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:16 PM 05-01-2021
Unless we missed someone....we didn’t draft anyone that we had talked to
[Reply]
Dante84 04:22 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Unless we missed someone....we didn’t draft anyone that we had talked to
Bolton.

That said, each of the interviews revealed that the guys had met or zoomed with our scouts.

Oh well, we'll get them next year when they meet in person.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:24 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Bolton.

That said, each of the interviews revealed that the guys had met or zoomed with our scouts.

Oh well, we'll get them next year when they meet in person.
Shit. Completely missed him.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up