ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 295
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:34 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Gurley has the knees of an 80 year old arthritic broke dick.
He got nine TD's last season for around 800 yards rushing..wouldn't you take that right now? Sharing the rock should get him through the season fine imo.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:35 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Exactly why they thought he would work for them. He does not have the traits of other smaller backs but they assumed in this offense he would still be an above average fit.

Veach and Reid are human and will not make the perfect decision every time.
The traits we drafted him for made him a perfect fit in this offense hypothetically. They just haven't translated at all for whatever reason.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:37 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
That's my read, too. I think the team didn't trust Damien after he (reportedly) loafed it on his rehab in 2019 but his success in 2018 and 2019 made them believe that anyone could be plugged into his role and excel. The passcatching out of the backfield is what I miss the most.
The pass catching is interesting, because all of his draft analysis/hype indicated that is what Clyde's strength would be. Chiefs line him up all over but he has really not shown a ability to run routes or beat lb's one on one.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:37 PM 09-20-2021
He plays like an Emmitt Smith with only 1 eye.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:38 PM 09-20-2021
When we were about to pick I felt we were going for Swift or Taylor..then they read out Clyde's name and I was a little under-whelmed tbh. The fact is he only had one year of production plus his physical traits were not elite...now here we are a year later and we still have no run game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:41 PM 09-20-2021
For now shitty his night ended he really wasn't doing all that bad in the first half. Had a run for 7 and two for 9. It's why the Ravens were so keyed in on the early downs in the second half and Reid was a little too predictable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:32 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I said this team needed another RB in this draft cause Clyde at his best is a 1b. I wouldn't have been opposed to them spending a 1st or second on one, but they didn't even bring in any UDFAs for a look. Makes no sense to me with the attention they paid to the OL TE and FB position.
We just burnt a 1 on a RB. We can't spend another 1-3 rounder on RB so soon while we've still got to retool the WR, DL and LB groups.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 04:38 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We just burnt a 1 on a RB. We can't spend another 1-3 rounder on RB so soon while we've still got to retool the WR, DL and LB groups.
We only got an LB out of those three positions with out first three picks....I don't see why we couldn't have went RB. But that's not my main point. CEH was overdrafted and they didn't bring in much to compete with him
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:58 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I feel like CEH is starting and get more snaps because he was a 1st round draft pick.

At this point, he looks slow, and his vision is pretty bad most of the time, or he is determining where he is running before the play even happens. I say that because in two games so far this year, he has missed gaps and huge holes, only to run up the ass of the OL.

And the fumble to me is just too much on top of the lack of speed, and lack of vision. In that situation, every single skill position player had one job, and that was ball security.

McKinnon looks much faster, seems to be just as good or better in the receiving department, and seemed to make good choices when running the ball in the preseason.

I feel like it's at least time for McKinnon to get a few carries.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bump 05:01 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I feel like CEH is starting and get more snaps because he was a 1st round draft pick.

At this point, he looks slow, and his vision is pretty bad most of the time, or he is determining where he is running before the play even happens. I say that because in two games so far this year, he has missed gaps and huge holes, only to run up the ass of the OL.

And the fumble to me is just too much on top of the lack of speed, and lack of vision. In that situation, every single skill position player had one job, and that was ball security.

McKinnon looks much faster, seems to be just as good or better in the receiving department, and seemed to make good choices when running the ball in the preseason.

I feel like it's at least time for McKinnon to get a few carries.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I just hope they don't keep giving him the ball over and over just because they spent a 1st on him. I guess that's another reason why you shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st, you feel obligated to start him and give him carries regardless if you should or not.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:33 PM 09-20-2021
We have GORE waiting in the wings... chillax.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:57 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
I just hope they don't keep giving him the ball over and over just because they spent a 1st on him. I guess that's another reason why you shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st, you feel obligated to start him and give him carries regardless if you should or not.
I hope Andy starts to bring Mckinnon into the mix and then have him ready to go full-time in week 12ish (if he doesn't get hurt).
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:13 PM 09-20-2021
Honestly Gurly wouldn’t be bad..... just think Thomas Jones
[Reply]
TEX 06:43 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Honestly Gurly wouldn’t be bad..... just think Thomas Jones
He's done. Total fail for being in this position.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 09-20-2021

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is $4,800 on DraftKings for Week 3.

The same price as Jeremy McNichols. @ClayWendler

— Cab517 (@Inmem58) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
Page 187 of 295
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Up