ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3740 of 3903
« First < 2740324036403690373037363737373837393740 3741374237433744375037903840 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:04 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Braincase:
I've been tracking weekly US COVID deaths as reported by Johns Hopkins since the beginning of the pandemic. We were doing ok, got down to a low of 1562 the week of the Fourth of July. Since then, it's been a steady rise, with 13793 this last week, up from 11501 the week before. The numbers are going the wrong direction.
Deaths trail cases. Cases seem to have peaked, deaths will continue to rise for a bit, then if cases continue to decline, so will deaths.

Deaths are lower than last time cases were this high. Vaccinations are clearly working.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:59 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Deaths trail cases. Cases seem to have peaked, deaths will continue to rise for a bit, then if cases continue to decline, so will deaths.

Deaths are lower than last time cases were this high. Vaccinations are clearly working.
There may be spikes to come in some lower vaxxed areas that haven't been nailed yet. Right now it seems Kentucky and Tennessee are the worst while cases in Florida and Texas came off their peak. Delta seems to peak super quickly and then go down so hopefully that pattern holds. In Illinois, it's a nice case study on the effect of vaccine rates. Southern Illinois resembles most of the South because, shocker, vaccine rates are really low. In Chicagoland, cases rised but nothing like the bad areas. The cases per 100k got up to like 30 where in the really bad spots the rate was well over 100 per 100k.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:59 PM 09-20-2021

Literally every county (or at least every state) in America should be collecting this kind of data and presenting it this clearly.

18x more likely to test positive if you're unvaxxed. 22x more likely to be hospitalized. https://t.co/mbZ9Xn3qgq

— James Surowiecki (@JamesSurowiecki) September 20, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:32 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Again, your average idiot sees 700 and 15000 and views them as essentially the same.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:04 PM 09-20-2021

[Reply]
Swanman 05:27 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Again, your average idiot sees 700 and 15000 and views them as essentially the same.
The average idiot goes to a feed store to get horse dewormer and then asks for prayer warriors when he/she is about to go on the vent. Turns out prayer warriors aren't quite as effective as a free, safe and effective vaccine. Womp womp.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:02 PM 09-20-2021
I bet if we mock, insult and demonize the unvaxed they will start to get vaccinated! That's the ticket!
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:49 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I bet if we mock, insult and demonize the unvaxed they will start to get vaccinated! That's the ticket!
Well, I assume the people who are mocking, insulting, and demonizing these days are targeting those who did the same thing for months during the "draconian" lockdowns (draconian! draconian! draconian! draconiandraconiandraconiandraconian!!) and mandates, who won't ever change their mind anyway.

I hope for the sake of humanity there's no overlap to those who were hurling those insults months ago and this narrative that I've seen lately (not specifically from/about you), where it's suddenly uncouth to hurl insults.

I mean, it obviously doesn't help, just as it never has... just seems strange that I've seen it brought up several times lately.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:32 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, I assume the people who are mocking, insulting, and demonizing these days are targeting those who did the same thing for months during the "draconian" lockdowns (draconian! draconian! draconian! draconiandraconiandraconiandraconian!!) and mandates, who won't ever change their mind anyway.

I hope for the sake of humanity there's no overlap to those who were hurling those insults months ago and this narrative that I've seen lately (not specifically from/about you), where it's suddenly uncouth to hurl insults.

I mean, it obviously doesn't help, just as it never has... just seems strange that I've seen it brought up several times lately.
To be fair it was our current VP, Newsome and Cuomo who said loud and clear they wouldn’t trust the Trump vaccine. The fault lays with the politics of it before the vaccine was even available. Sad
[Reply]
Swanman 08:40 PM 09-20-2021
The carrot has been tried and now we are in the stick phase. If people can't be bothered to look at the mountain of evidence supporting the vaccines, then you just can't fix stupid. I have personally tried to calmly talk some sense into people I know that are refusing to be vaccinated and I ended up losing about 10 percent of my brain cells and just about the rest of my patience. My sister in law told me that her lungs are so tarred up from smoking that covid won't be able to penetrate her lungs. Yes, people are that stupid. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't hear it with my own ears.

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:42 PM 09-20-2021
No they still won't. But they wouldn't have ever been vaccinated anyway so what's the difference? Well until it's too late and the GoFundMe goes up.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:50 PM 09-20-2021
The average HCW in the United States:

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:14 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
To be fair it was our current VP, Newsome and Cuomo who said loud and clear they wouldn’t trust the Trump vaccine. The fault lays with the politics of it before the vaccine was even available. Sad
It's fascinating that these idiots are actually following "our current VP, Newsome and Cuomo" regarding the vaccine.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:46 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
The carrot has been tried and now we are in the stick phase. If people can't be bothered to look at the mountain of evidence supporting the vaccines, then you just can't fix stupid. I have personally tried to calmly talk some sense into people I know that are refusing to be vaccinated and I ended up losing about 10 percent of my brain cells and just about the rest of my patience. My sister in law told me that her lungs are so tarred up from smoking that covid won't be able to penetrate her lungs. Yes, people are that stupid. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't hear it with my own ears.

Nah, the carrot hasn't really been used.

Tying a $1,000 payment to getting the vaccine should have been part of the last covid stimulus bill. We would have a 10% at least jump in vax rate.
[Reply]
Swanman 06:03 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Nah, the carrot hasn't really been used.

Tying a $1,000 payment to getting the vaccine should have been part of the last covid stimulus bill. We would have a 10% at least jump in vax rate.
That would be a nonstarter in congress. I would tie vaccinations to a tax credit but that also wouldn't pass our shitty congress.

It doesn't really matter how good the incentives are, people have their minds made up. So now we go to the punishment phase and I am all for it. Imagine if this crap went on back when the polio vaccine came out.

[Reply]
Page 3740 of 3903
« First < 2740324036403690373037363737373837393740 3741374237433744375037903840 > Last »
Up