ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 324
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
JakeF 04:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
What would our starters look like in a base 4-3? (if this has been discussed/posted somewhere else - my bad)
Houston will probably be a DE
Jones will be a 3-tech
Williams and Nnadi will be DT
Hitchens will be a MLB
O'Daniel will be OLB (weakside probably)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Houston

DOD - ??? - Hitchens

Ward - Berry - Watts/Lucas - Fuller
Hitchens will remain MLB.

I think they'll draft a SLB.

DOD will probably compete with someone for the WLB spot.
[Reply]
wazu 04:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Why do idiots think that switching to a 4-3 is going to make 2019 a wasted year? It’s not that complicated.

Again, the Chargers did this from 2016 to 2017 and got much better. It’s not about scheme, it’s matching the players you have to the right scheme. Right now, ours fit a 4-3 better than a 3-4 and it’s also easier to find college players out of a 4-3.
Not worried about 4-3 making 2019 a wasted year. Worried about Spagnuolo making the next 5 years a “wasted half decade”.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Do you wear velcro shoes?
I swear that guy is Penbrook
[Reply]
Bowser 04:54 PM 01-24-2019

DOD - ??? - Hitchens

Get 15-20 pounds on Niemann and see if he can handle it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:55 PM 01-24-2019
Chiefs hired ex-Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator.

The cocoon hire to end all cocoon hires, Spags should at least be an improvement on Bob Sutton. Spagnuolo occasionally oversaw fearsome defenses with the Giants. Personnel was sometimes an issue the second time around. Spagnuolo began his NFL coaching career under Andy Reid in Philadelphia. If the bar is merely to be better than Sutton, Spags will clear it. Personnel issues and the Chiefs' style of play means the defense will almost certainly still give up a boatload of points in 2019.

www.rotoworld.com
[Reply]
Cheater5 04:55 PM 01-24-2019
JFC. Chicken-fookin-Littles up in here.

Anyone, repeat, A-N-Y-O-N-E is better than Bob Sutton. It was long overdue. Fresh voice, fresh take, new schemes. Justin Houston staring at the back of his locker after the AFC Championship loss said “we ain’t goin anywhere with this motherfucker...”

That defense last year was retarded and undisciplined. This is a good thing. Get on board with it, or get run over.
[Reply]
kcpasco 04:55 PM 01-24-2019
The ink hasn’t even dried yet and some people are already shitting on this guy. I would have settled for a parking cone over Sutton so I’ll give him a shot before I crucify him.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 04:55 PM 01-24-2019

DOD - ??? - Hitchens

Isn't Berry going to need some kind of detachment/reattachment of his Achilles to fix the fucking Haglund's? And won't that sideline him for a good portion of next season?

If so, gonna need another safety too.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:56 PM 01-24-2019
I hate it, I think our defense will give up just about the same number next year but with half as many sacks.
[Reply]
In58men 04:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
JFC. Chicken-fookin-Littles up in here.

Anyone, repeat, A-N-Y-O-N-E is better than Bob Sutton. It was long overdue. Fresh voice, fresh take, new schemes. Justin Houston staring at the back of his locker after the AFC Championship loss said “we ain’t goin anywhere with this mother****er...”

That defense last year was retarded and undisciplined. This is a good thing. Get on board with it, or get run over.
All we need is top 20 defense not the #1

We don’t have Smith anymore
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
The ink hasn’t even dried yet and some people are already shitting on this guy. I would have settled for a parking cone over Sutton so I’ll give him a shot before I crucify him.
Sutton Defense was never ranked 32
[Reply]
Fish 04:56 PM 01-24-2019
A cardboard cutout of Dick Butkus would be better than Sutton. We're looking up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:56 PM 01-24-2019
As long as we're switching to a 4-3.......I'm fine with it.
[Reply]
chinaski 04:57 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
This is the worst thing ever! Probably!!

:-)... the initial reactions around here.....
JFC these guys were calling for Sutton's head ALL FUCKING YEAR. ANYBODY BUT SUTTON, Blah Blah Blah.

Now we have "anybody but Sutton" and it's fucking Chicken Little. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 324
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up