ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Thornhill played 11 snaps last night
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 09-20-2021
Juan Thornhill played 11 snaps. He has way more talent than Dirty Dan but continues to get scrub playing time.

The usage of Thornhill is a complete mystery. Please enlighten me as to why Thornhill doesn't play more snaps?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
On the 4th and 1 pod they said that Spags said they were getting base looks so they played the base defense and sorenson is part of that.
Time for him not to be part of the base defense anymore.

But really, I'm pretty shocked we haven't seen more of this even sooner. When teams KNOW the Chiefs are sub-heavy, why don't they spend more time in their base to keep those sub packages off the field?

Hell, it's the entire basis of my gameplan in that Sandbox Simulations thing that CD has. I change my offense/defense and tendencies based on the personnel of the team I'm playing to try to hem them into situations where they can't get their high-end subs on the field or they have to take their best players out to get into a sub package. It's kind of a no-brainer.

So why haven't more teams done that against KC? And how does Spags adjust his base defense to adapt to it.

Because our boy Dan has spent most of his career right at the threshhold of 'not an NFL player anymore'. When he gets there, it won't be a graceful decline, he'll just suck.

Last week he kinda sucked.

They gotta get Thornhill in the base sets.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Time for him not to be part of the base defense anymore.

But really, I'm pretty shocked we haven't seen more of this even sooner. When teams KNOW the Chiefs are sub-heavy, why don't they spend more time in their base to keep those sub packages off the field?

Hell, it's the entire basis of my gameplan in that Sandbox Simulations thing that CD has. I change my offense/defense and tendencies based on the personnel of the team I'm playing to try to hem them into situations where they can't get their high-end subs on the field or they have to take their best players out to get into a sub package. It's kind of a no-brainer.

So why haven't more teams done that against KC? And how does Spags adjust his base defense to adapt to it.

Because our boy Dan has spent most of his career right at the threshhold of 'not an NFL player anymore'. When he gets there, it won't be a graceful decline, he'll just suck.

Last week he kinda sucked.

They gotta get Thornhill in the base sets.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:23 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here it is. The famous PPL. And it’s 100% pure fabrication. Fiction that exists only in your head.

Prove me wrong. Don’t be your typical pussy self and try to talk your way out of it. Provide some actual evidence or shut the fuck up.
What 'line' am I supposedly espousing.

It appears here that your perspective is there are only two options, the worst defense in the league with a franchise QB, . . . or 'Alex Smith' [whatever, that veiled aspersion is supposed to be]. But everyone knows that's a fiction you concoct to fling unmerited shit at people.

The two aren't even connected, they don't even share the same field of play.

You explain it to me, what about drafting a franchise QB demands that every other aspect of the franchise be low-effort, embarrassing, bottom of the league? What about my expectations of the other 52 men and the coaching staff do their jobs is 'pining for' whatever it is you are asserting I'm pining for.

Every single bit of your argument against me is misattribution and lies, . . . I agree that it's '100% fabrication, but it's not originating on MY head. . . dunno where it comes from or why you feel it so important to do something like that, but I am hoping you come up with the rationale to explain it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:25 PM 09-24-2021
Gotta earn that playing time, brother.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What 'line' am I supposedly espousing.

It appears here that your perspective is there are only two options, worst defense in the league or Alex Smith. But everyone knows that's a fiction you concoct to fling unmerited shit at people.

The two aren't even connected, they don't even share the same field of play.

You explain it to me, what about drafting a franchise QB demands that every other aspect of the franchise be low-effort, embarrassing, bottom of the league? What about my expectations of the other 52 men and the coaching staff do their jobs is 'pining for' whatever it is you are asserting I'm pining for.

Every single bit of your argument against me is misatrribution and lies, . . . dunno where it comes from or why you feel it so important to do something like that, but I am hoping you come up with the rationale to explain it.

It’s pretty fucking simple and you can pretend to be smart about it but EVERYBODY here can see right through you.

Since the day Patrick Mahomes was drafted, you’ve posted this fictional story about how people here don’t care about team building and only care about the QB.

It’s absolutely unequivocally untrue. Nobody here wants to field a pathetic defense and nobody here thinks they shouldn’t do everything in their power to build a team around Mahomes. Nobody here thinks getting a QB should or will necessitate building with crap players around him. Nobody.

You’ve simply made up a narrative that doesn’t exist anywhere but in your head.

And every time the defense shits the bed, you show up to be the prescient pariah, declaring your “I told you so” over the unwashed masses that wished and hoped for this.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:38 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

It’s pretty fucking simple and you can pretend to be smart about it but EVERYBODY here can see right through you.

Since the day Patrick Mahomes was drafted, you’ve posted this fictional story about how people here don’t care about team building and only care about the QB.

It’s absolutely unequivocally untrue. Nobody here wants to field a pathetic defense and nobody here thinks they shouldn’t do everything in their power to build a team around Mahomes. Nobody here thinks getting a QB should or will necessitate building with crap players around him. Nobody.

You’ve simply made up a narrative that doesn’t exist anywhere but in your head.

And every time the defense shits the bed, you show up to be the prescient pariah, declaring your “I told you so” over the unwashed masses that wished and hoped for this.
I'm not saying people WANT the rest of the team to suck, I'm saying that people have said that people for years said that nothing short of SB competition is sufficient, and now the narrative shifts to 'we have a QB, the rest will work out' even when the defense is pathetic.

What's your point? It's clearly not that the defense ISN'T pathetic. And you insist that it's not that you are fine with it being pathetic. . . What sin do you see me committing by observing that their level of play is unacceptable and has the potential to waste prime opportunities?

My only point is, where is the urgency? You insist that no one is satisfied with 'just a chance' but you also deride any and every notion that we should be performing better, given what we have at our disposal, as 'ungratefulness.'

You scoff at my standards as 'pining for Alex' but no one ever addresses the Brady magilla. . . He gets to achieve greater with lesser talent because he aligns himself with franchises that have urgency throughout the franchise. . . . Is his paradigm something to scoff at? Is it something you feel Mahomes is incapable of? Is his 20 year pedigree all a fluke?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 09-26-2021
Yeah - Dan sure looks a bit cooked.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:44 AM 09-26-2021
Thornhill pissed them off somehow. Dan is playing fucking terribly and juan cant even get a look.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up