ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 929 of 929
« First < 429829879919925926927928929
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:18 AM 03-14-2024
Forgot to add, the groups I used to belong to are no longer active. Bullishbears was one I was looking into a while back. I just checked and it appears they are still active and a basic subscription is around 70 a month. Again, I don't use any, just one I was looking into.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:31 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
He's talking about groups that will do the screening for you. They'll usually send a text letting you know they like the setup of a certain stock, and watch for a particular entry point, and likely exit point.

I was in a few of them years ago, it was hit and miss, but if I remember right, I came out alright after the subscription fees. There's a lot of them out there, and some of them charge a lot. I've always wondered how profitable some of the more expensive ones were.
Ah, yeah, I'd steer clear of almost all that. Maybe there are some good ones out there, but if they were good tips, they'd just trade them and not need the subscription fees.

I'm open to being wrong, but I'd be real fucking weary of that stuff. Seems to me to be limited upside for them and there would be real incentive to bullshit you and take the other side of the trade.
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:38 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ah, yeah, I'd steer clear of almost all that. Maybe there are some good ones out there, but if they were good tips, they'd just trade them and not need the subscription fees.

I'm open to being wrong, but I'd be real fucking weary of that stuff. Seems to me to be limited upside for them and there would be real incentive to bullshit you and take the other side of the trade.
I was always hesitant when I joined. I actually first started using them because I knew jack shit about day trading. I joined one just to see why they thought stocks would do what they said. I rarely did their trades, and just tried to learn more. It's what I got out of it, and it's just not something I would use today.
[Reply]
ghak99 01:56 PM 03-14-2024
Believe it or not, there's a couple guys on tiktok who day trade live regularly. I believe one of them has a subscription based program where he'll send you his prospect list ahead of time, but those deals always felt pretty scamish to me. The lives were interesting though and if you wanted to you could follow his trades move for move all live long.

It's basically the old man equivalent of video game streaming for the nerds or get ready with me makeup sessions for the girls.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:28 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
He's talking about groups that will do the screening for you. They'll usually send a text letting you know they like the setup of a certain stock, and watch for a particular entry point, and likely exit point.

I was in a few of them years ago, it was hit and miss, but if I remember right, I came out alright after the subscription fees. There's a lot of them out there, and some of them charge a lot. I've always wondered how profitable some of the more expensive ones were.
This right here. This is what I’m looking for.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:29 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Okay, question of the day. Boeing (BA)

Option A. Buy more because the stock has been beaten down by all of the technical problems, and at some point they'll get it all straightened out and make that money back.

Option B. Hold it if you've got it, because it's a blue chip with a big moat. Every portfolio should have some.

Option C. Sell it. They can't seem to get their act together, and it's going to have big downstream effects.

I've been running with Option B for a long time, and it hasn't paid off. About five years ago I was making great money on it, and then it got chopped in half with the various problems. Right now I'm a little in the red on the price, though dividends probably eke it a little above breakeven for me. But at best I'm not keeping up with inflation on it.

I don't have a lot of it, but it's one of those stocks that I feel like everyone should have in their portfolio if they're diversified. Frankly, though, I'm reaching my limit on patience and I'm not overly confident that they're going to work through all of their problems in time to avoid big losses in orders and sales. I'm moving toward Option C at this point.

What do y'all think?
What did you end up doing?

Boeing has taken a whoppin since 1/24 to the tune of $26.35.

But I heard this podcast and thought of you. I thought it was pretty interesting. I didn't realize the moat they had over the industry.

Still have no clue what I'd do, but it is interesting.

EDIT: I think this has some NSFW language on it.

[Reply]
Rain Man 03:31 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What did you end up doing?

Boeing has taken a whoppin since 1/24 to the tune of $26.35.

But I heard this podcast and thought of you. I thought it was pretty interesting. I didn't realize the moat they had over the industry.

Still have no clue what I'd do, but it is interesting.

EDIT: I think this has some NSFW language on it.

I tend to not make big moves these days so I still have most of it, but I've started selling it off in small amounts.
[Reply]
philfree 04:28 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
They do long term investing I think. I’m looking for day trade and swing trade setups.
Banyan Hill has several different kinds of subscriptions. I'm not sure if they have one for what you want but you might check it out.
[Reply]
UteChief 01:32 PM 03-21-2024
Apple is having a hard time today. I sold off a bunch at $195 and almost sold off the remainder. I thought I’d hold out until WWDC to see what AI iOS 18 had. I shoulda put that stop loss on. Oh well, at least I got out before the antitrust suit.
[Reply]
KobesPilot 04:31 AM 03-22-2024
Puts on tesla, calls on MU, calls on NVDA
[Reply]
Page 929 of 929
« First < 429829879919925926927928929
Up