ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
DRM08 02:00 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t think they had a choice. They’d lost Hardman and Toney.
And Justin Watson was inactive. They did not have a choice and Skyy made an incredibly clutch play. I’m happy for the kid!
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:00 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You wanted him cut based on some fat bitches uninformed story. GTFO with that shit.
Wait, so Pete thinks people's reaction to some bad information given out by media members is just the same as ignoring 4 entire years of results by our DC that include 4 straight AFCCG and 3 SB appearances and excellent playoff performances?

That is some Donger level refusal to take the "L" and your terrible terrible comparison proves it. Just stop dude.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:03 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And Justin Watson was inactive. They did not have a choice and Skyy made an incredibly clutch play. I’m happy for the kid!
That game was just an awesome showing of regular season or previous playoff scapegoats just torching people.

Moore
Butker
MVS
"No playoff sacks" Jones.
Reid
Wylie
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:08 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's almost miraculous in its stupidity.

The Immaculate Deflection

I can only stand in awe it, really. 3 Wise Men should show up, read this post and then proceed to hit themselves in the head with hammers as long as it takes to comprehend the point this guy is making.
Man I'm having a rough week, I needed this laugh. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Meh, I get what you're saying and you could be right (I hope not). Still, I gotta believe that the coaching staff still believes that this guy can handle the job. Do you really think that they would have put him back there in such an important game if there was any indication that he would screw up again? I don't.
They didn't have an alternatives.

As I was listening to the interview I was thinking "Hey Skyy - they didn't exactly have faith in you; they simply didn't have any other choice..."

But hey, if HE believes they had faith in him, that's all that matters, right?

Who else you gonna put back there? Thornhill? MVS has never done it, Kemp has never done it. I don't think Sneed has but he was hurt anyway. The rookie DBs?

I mean I really can only think of one viable alternative and that would've been Thornhill. Maaaaybe McKinnon? He's been a primary KR before.

I mean look at it this way - Moore, for as catastrophically bad as he was at it during his first go 'round, he secured 15 of his 18 attempts, right? So yes, that's absolutely abysmal, but it also means that 83% of the time he didn't muff the punt.

So...I mean...would you have been 85% confident that anyone else we stuck back there ahead of him would've secured it? Knowing that not a single guy on this roster has done it in years, if EVER.

I think it was really the only choice we had.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:36 PM 01-31-2023
Chiefsplanet wanted Sutton gone in the worst way.

But, Chiefsplanet says that if Ford didn't line up in the neutral zone, Bob Sutton would be a great Defensive Coordinator who took us to the Super Bowl.

I said Spags had a great game plan. I am open minded enough to give him credit when I think he deserves it.

You liars (I say liars because we all know you were pissed off and screaming each time we gave up a 3rd and long, but now you claim it was good defense) absolutely refuse to ever blame Spags for any of his terrible defensive calls.

You are a broken record when it comes to defending Spags. Whatever crap call he makes, like playing soft zone leaving the middle of the field open on 3rd & 4, or playing zone with the corners back 20 yards on 3rd & 16 giving up a first down, you all say the same thing "ROOKIES" blah FN blah.

You are all the same liars who claim it's ridiculous for me to criticize Andy Reid for running it up the middle on every 1st down at the end of the game, because Andy Reid knows more about football than I do, yet we all know that every time we did it and ended up in 2nd & 8 over and over, you were screaming and asking WTF during the game, but now it was great offense.

By that logic, every time you criticized Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, and Herm Edwards, you were all idiots because they all know more about football than you do.

On this board you all act like coaches don't deserve criticism for bad decisions, yet if you were being honest, which you are not, you would admit that during the games you get upset or frustrated with either defensive or offensive play calling, at some point in the game.

You liars and gatekeepers are insufferable. I am sure some of you now claim that punting the ball back to Cincy instead of going for it on 4th & 8 at the end of the game was the right call, even though, again, if you were being honest, you would admit that you thought the game was over at that point, and that Cincy was going to move the ball and kick the game winning FG, again.

I don't like Spags and his system, and I never will. However, I will give him credit when he deserves it. The rest of you can keep lying and gatekeeping. You can say my take is ridiculous, but at least I am being honest with my take.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:47 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

But, Chiefsplanet says that if Ford didn't line up in the neutral zone, Bob Sutton would be a great Defensive Coordinator who took us to the Super Bowl.
I stopped reading your deep and dumb thoughts after this gem. You're a liar. That season we were clearly on the precipice of the AFCCG in spite of our defense rather than because of it. And no one thought Sutton was worth anything regardless of how far they went.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:48 PM 01-31-2023
They didn't have an alternatives.

As I was listening to the interview I was thinking "Hey Skyy - they didn't exactly have faith in you; they simply didn't have any other choice..."

But hey, if HE believes they had faith in him, that's all that matters, right?

Who else you gonna put back there? Thornhill? MVS has never done it, Kemp has never done it. I don't think Sneed has but he was hurt anyway. The rookie DBs?

I mean I really can only think of one viable alternative and that would've been Thornhill. Maaaaybe McKinnon? He's been a primary KR before.

I mean look at it this way - Moore, for as catastrophically bad as he was at it during his first go 'round, he secured 15 of his 18 attempts, right? So yes, that's absolutely abysmal, but it also means that 83% of the time he didn't muff the punt.

So...I mean...would you have been 85% confident that anyone else we stuck back there ahead of him would've secured it? Knowing that not a single guy on this roster has done it in years, if EVER.

I think it was really the only choice we had.
McDuffie got work at punt returner in the preseason. So my guess would be that he was the next one up after Moore.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:50 PM 01-31-2023

I said Spags had a great game plan. I am open minded enough to give him credit when I think he deserves it.

You liars (I say liars because we all know you were pissed off and screaming each time we gave up a 3rd and long, but now you claim it was good defense) absolutely refuse to ever blame Spags for any of his terrible defensive calls.

You are a broken record when it comes to defending Spags. Whatever crap call he makes, like playing soft zone leaving the middle of the field open on 3rd & 4, or playing zone with the corners back 20 yards on 3rd & 16 giving up a first down, you all say the same thing "ROOKIES" blah FN blah.

You are all the same liars who claim it's ridiculous for me to criticize Andy Reid for running it up the middle on every 1st down at the end of the game, because Andy Reid knows more about football than I do, yet we all know that every time we did it and ended up in 2nd & 8 over and over, you were screaming and asking WTF during the game, but now it was great offense.

By that logic, every time you criticized Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel, and Herm Edwards, you were all idiots because they all know more about football than you do.

On this board you all act like coaches don't deserve criticism for bad decisions, yet if you were being honest, which you are not, you would admit that during the games you get upset or frustrated with either defensive or offensive play calling, at some point in the game.

You liars and gatekeepers are insufferable. I am sure some of you now claim that punting the ball back to Cincy instead of going for it on 4th & 8 at the end of the game was the right call, even though, again, if you were being honest, you would admit that you thought the game was over at that point, and that Cincy was going to move the ball and kick the game winning FG, again.

I don't like Spags and his system, and I never will. However, I will give him credit when he deserves it. The rest of you can keep lying and gatekeeping. You can say my take is ridiculous, but at least I am being honest with my take.
I've complained as much about the defense as anyone in the past, in part because I watched Mahomes have a losing record in college due to really bad defenses. But...

This past Sunday was a great performance by Spags and his players on the defensive side of the ball. It wasn't perfect, but they were going against a very accurate QB with arguably the best receiving group in the league. They also shut down Cincy on the final two drives, which is epic. They held them to only 6 points in the first half as well, which was a critical aspect of helping KC win the game in the end.

As a Mahomes guy, I'm glad to see Patrick get this type of help from both the defense and special teams. It has felt in the past like the shoe was on the other foot, whether it was against Brady or Burrow or Allen. This time around it was the Chiefs defense & special teams that played extremely well and made gigantic plays to help win the game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:50 PM 01-31-2023

go shit yourself.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:55 PM 01-31-2023
I was juuuuust starting to get comfortable. Looking at the scoreboard thinking "Okay, we're gonna be up 10 at worst with not much time left"

I mean it wasn't 30 seconds later that play happened. That had all the look of a drive that would've finished it. Frankly, it wasn't terribly dissimilar from the Kelce fumble.

Credit to the Chiefs for finding a way to get it done because that play really did take the air out of the balloon. It could've gone down as a pretty infamous moment had things not ended the way they did.
If the Bengals win that game, the Mahomes fumble is the highlight we would see all week and most of the offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
McDuffie got work at punt returner in the preseason. So my guess would be that he was the next one up after Moore.
Ah, good call. In a vacuum I think you're right.

But given my choice between Moore and McDuffie, I think I still go Moore. A) for the reasons I previously noted (as bad as he was, he still caught it far more often than he didn't) and B) Man, we just could not lose McDuffie to injury at that point.

I'd have rather gone out there in nothing but max-protect and 13 personnel groups after losing Moore than I would have liked to have tried to cobble together a secondary without Sneed AND McDuffie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
go shit yourself.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly that that post was.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:06 PM 01-31-2023
I'm pretty sure that's exactly that that post was.
'Chiefsfanatic' is the new Reerun.

Mind numbingly stupid take.

Worst football mind ever.

The Tuesday day shift stripper of football analysis. (And no steak special.)
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:08 PM 01-31-2023

Well by golly, i think you've changed my mind!
[Reply]
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up