ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1617 of 3903
« First < 617111715171567160716131614161516161617 161816191620162116271667171721172617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:46 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well I’d say Hooverville and bread lines
50% of the way there in that metric, so..
[Reply]
petegz28 03:47 PM 04-24-2020
Have you seen the lines of cars at some of the food banks in the country?

This is from April 10th in San Antonio I do believe...

[Reply]
petegz28 03:48 PM 04-24-2020
From the 8th of April...

‘Never Seen Anything Like It’: Cars Line Up for Miles at Food Banks
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/b...ood-banks.html
[Reply]
O.city 03:55 PM 04-24-2020
Yeah that’s bad so we’re already there. Damn.

I dunno guys
[Reply]
petegz28 04:02 PM 04-24-2020
Yeah that’s bad so we’re already there. Damn.

I dunno guys
I don’t know that we are quite there but we are getting there faster and faster. People keep thinking we can just stay at home and hide from the dragon. The problem as they say, it’s never the dragon that you see that kills you.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:08 PM 04-24-2020
88 deaths per million.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:09 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
88 deaths per million.
Worldometers has us at 156
[Reply]
petegz28 04:10 PM 04-24-2020
One perspective to have is out of our total cases just under 2% are critical.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:12 PM 04-24-2020
Gov. Mike Parson to issue guidelines next week for reopening businesses, holding graduations

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. —
Missouri Gov. Mike Parson said that his administration will outline details next week of how businesses can begin to reopen starting May 4, following weeks of closure aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus.

He also said he was working with education officials on graduation for high school seniors.

arson announced last week that the statewide stay-at-home order would end on May 3, with businesses resuming the next day.

The governor said the state is in a better place to bring back the state's economy.

"We know there have been a lot of questions about what the reopening will look like. Next week, we will officially introduce the reopening plan, which will take effect on May 4.
Some of the items we will include will be guidelines for small and large businesses and retail manufacturing, a plan for restaurants to reopen. Businesses such as barber shops, hair salons, and gyms, as well as other jobs requiring people to be within 6 feet of each other," Parson said.

"We also have guidance for attending church services after conversations with religious leaders across the state. We are also working with (Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education) to hopefully have a process for senior graduation."

The shutdown has forced hundreds of Missouri businesses to close. Nearly 400,000 Missourians have filed for jobless benefits over the past five weeks.

Parson said that events, such as weddings and outdoor functions will also be addressed.

"We know youth and summer sports and other outdoor activities will also be a question, and we will be addressing that as well. While we gradually reopen the economy during this first phase of our plan, it will still be important to maintain certain measures of social distancing to protect ourselves and others," the governor said.
[Reply]
TLO 04:15 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Gov. Mike Parson to issue guidelines next week for reopening businesses, holding graduations

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. —
Missouri Gov. Mike Parson said that his administration will outline details next week of how businesses can begin to reopen starting May 4, following weeks of closure aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus.

He also said he was working with education officials on graduation for high school seniors.

arson announced last week that the statewide stay-at-home order would end on May 3, with businesses resuming the next day.

The governor said the state is in a better place to bring back the state's economy.

"We know there have been a lot of questions about what the reopening will look like. Next week, we will officially introduce the reopening plan, which will take effect on May 4.
Some of the items we will include will be guidelines for small and large businesses and retail manufacturing, a plan for restaurants to reopen. Businesses such as barber shops, hair salons, and gyms, as well as other jobs requiring people to be within 6 feet of each other," Parson said.

"We also have guidance for attending church services after conversations with religious leaders across the state. We are also working with (Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education) to hopefully have a process for senior graduation."

The shutdown has forced hundreds of Missouri businesses to close. Nearly 400,000 Missourians have filed for jobless benefits over the past five weeks.

Parson said that events, such as weddings and outdoor functions will also be addressed.

"We know youth and summer sports and other outdoor activities will also be a question, and we will be addressing that as well. While we gradually reopen the economy during this first phase of our plan, it will still be important to maintain certain measures of social distancing to protect ourselves and others," the governor said.
I feel like we're all about to be test subjects in the biggest science experiment ever conducted.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:16 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Missouri DHSS numbers yesterday

Cases in Missouri: 6,321

Total Deaths: 218

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 64,903

Missouri numbers today

Cases in Missouri: 6,625

Total Deaths: 262

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 64,903 (not yet updated for 4/24/20)

As of 2:00 p.m. CT, April 24

That is a big increase in deaths. Do we know where from? I see the St. Louis area has 195 total or so. So that is probably where if I am taking an educated guess.
[Reply]
loochy 04:17 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is a big increase in deaths. Do we know where from? I see the St. Louis area has 195 or so.

It's from many days of reporting, as was discussed at length earlier.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:18 PM 04-24-2020
Another quick note from DHSS for those following MO numbers.

oh well that answered my question
[Reply]
DaFace 04:18 PM 04-24-2020
I feel like we're all about to be test subjects in the biggest science experiment ever conducted.
To be fair, it's kind of already been that way.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:21 PM 04-24-2020
I know what you're saying but at some point you have to start putting your toe in the water.
[Reply]
Page 1617 of 3903
« First < 617111715171567160716131614161516161617 161816191620162116271667171721172617 > Last »
Up