ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 283
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279 > Last »
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:26 AM 07-08-2020
I appreciate seeing people over 50 celebrate, because we had a really long walk through the desert to get there.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:33 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I appreciate seeing people over 50 celebrate, because we had a really long walk through the desert to get there.
Amen brother... I barely remember the 1st one but this one is etched in my memory banks forever...
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:01 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Lol I was yelling at Williams to get down the whole time after he got the first. Everyone else at my party was cheering though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:04 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Lol I was yelling at Williams to get down the whole time after he got the first. Everyone else at my party was cheering though.
I was happy he scored in hindsight, Shanny Jr. had enough timeouts to still give the Chiefs a bit of a headache before time expired.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:08 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That was the greatest moment of my football life. At that moment, I knew it was finally, finally ours. :-)
Same.
when they went out for that drive, i was just like "just get 4 yards; then another, then a 1st down etc. Just get positive yards and eat the clock".

when Williams turned that corner, and I just fell to my knees because it for sure over. on my knees watching him run into the endzone etc; my wife is yelling her head off celebrating, and I'm just kneeling there...staring at the tv, silent.

after a few seconds, I went into full celebration mode. but for those few seconds....was like I was frozen in time. after celebrating, and just waiting for the game to end I sat down and pretty much cried lol. ALL of the memories of going to games, tailgating,enduring the cold,, finding ways to lose, not throwing a td to a WR for like 2 years, choking in spectacular record setting ways in the playoffs; endless line of average QBs in here; season after season after season
of football disappointment my entire life...man. It was awwesome.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:12 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I was happy he scored in hindsight, Shanny Jr. had enough timeouts to still give the Chiefs a bit of a headache before time expired.
Haha, that's me to a T.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:14 AM 07-08-2020
The difference is the clock would be running the whole time we're sitting on first down.

When we got the ball back after the INT thee were only 3 times we could run the clock - after first, second, and third.

In this case if Williams goes down in bounds - there would be 4 times - after getting the first, after running on first, after running on second, and after running on third. Game over. I think.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:15 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Same.
when they went out for that drive, i was just like "just get 4 yards; then another, then a 1st down etc. Just get positive yards and eat the clock".

when Williams turned that corner, and I just fell to my knees because it for sure over. on my knees watching him run into the endzone etc; my wife is yelling her head off celebrating, and I'm just kneeling there...staring at the tv, silent.

after a few seconds, I went into full celebration mode. but for those few seconds....was like I was frozen in time. after celebrating, and just waiting for the game to end I sat down and pretty much cried lol. ALL of the memories of going to games, tailgating,enduring the cold,, finding ways to lose, not throwing a td to a WR for like 2 years, choking in spectacular record setting ways in the playoffs; endless line of average QBs in here; season after season after season
of football disappointment my entire life...man. It was awwesome.
Minus the dropping to my knees, this was my house!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:32 AM 07-08-2020
The difference is the clock would be running the whole time we're sitting on first down.

When we got the ball back after the INT thee were only 3 times we could run the clock - after first, second, and third.

In this case if Williams goes down in bounds - there would be 4 times - after getting the first, after running on first, after running on second, and after running on third. Game over. I think.
Maybe. So, funny story. My dentist to replace two fillings today in Colorado, but he grew up around KC and is also a massive Chiefs fan. So he's bringing the Super Bowl to today's appointment and we're gonna watch it as he's drilling into my mouth :-). I'll pay attention to the clock today to see if we could have ran the game out.

In previous conversations about this I was worried Shanny Jr. would have had his lineman go for the legs of the Chiefs lineman/Pat. Maybe I'm not giving Shanny enough credit, but it felt a little bush-league to call those timeouts AND have his lineman go after Pat when he was down by 2 scores with seconds left in the game. I know you play until the final whistle or whatever, but on the flip side, a lot of people would have felt it would have been totally uncalled for had Pat hit DRob for the easy TD to go up 37-20 as time expired.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:33 AM 07-08-2020

Let’s say the Niners get TO called with 1:12 left.

First down at 1:12 with SF having 1 TO left.
They run 2 seconds off the clock and SF uses last TO with 1:10 left.
Second down snap at 1:10 and they run off two seconds on the play then 39 before next play.
Third down snap at :29.
Don’t even get to a 4th down play.
Game.

But I’m glad he scored. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Let’s say the Niners get TO called with 1:12 left.

First down at 1:12 with SF having 1 TO left.
They run 2 seconds off the clock and SF uses last TO with 1:10 left.
Second down snap at 1:10 and they run off two seconds on the play then 39 before next play.
Third down snap at :29.
Don’t even get to a 4th down play.
Game.

But I’m glad he scored. :-)
Can you imagine if the Niners somehow scored, then got a miracle onside kick and beat us? And then Covid hits a few weeks later?

I'm not sure I'd be alive right now.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:08 PM 07-08-2020
I'm typically an analytical guy, but **** that. When DWill hit the jets, it was over. Frank and HB weren't going to let it slip away after that and we DESERVED that TD and all of the emotions that came with it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:09 PM 07-08-2020
Can you imagine if the Niners somehow scored, then got a miracle onside kick and beat us? And then Covid hits a few weeks later?

I'm not sure I'd be alive right now.
Who is coming in to play QB for them at that point, because Jimmy Grapes certainly wasn't beating us.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:54 PM 07-08-2020
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the analytics say to slide after gaining the 1st down, but I agree. It was an emphatic end to our suffering.. that and the Fuller INT, I suppose, though the game was all but over at that point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:22 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm typically an analytical guy, but **** that. When DWill hit the jets, it was over. Frank and HB weren't going to let it slip away after that and we DESERVED that TD and all of the emotions that came with it.
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the analytics say to slide after gaining the 1st down, but I agree. It was an emphatic end to our suffering.. that and the Fuller INT, I suppose, though the game was all but over at that point.
Yeah, damn the analytics. Full speed ahead.

Plus, it statistically put us at a positive point differential in our three Super Bowl appearances combined: 64 points for, 62 points against.
[Reply]
Page 275 of 283
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279 > Last »
Up