ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 172
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How a pair of attention whores destroyed any ounce of credibility they ever had
Hammock Parties 08:55 PM 02-16-2022
Enjoy. And fuck EB.

How a season-long rift between Mahomes and Bieniemy ruined the AFC Championship
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's the thing:

If I were a mod, I'd probably lobby for giving you your thread privileges back. I'm a pretty forgiving person.

That being said, it's these kind of petty squabbles that made me resign from being a mod in the first place.

Take that FWIW.
That's the amusing (or obnoxious) thing. I've voted to give him thread privs back a number of times. But when you've burned a bridge with nearly every mod here - past or present - it's pretty hard to convince anyone that you won't do it again.
[Reply]
In58men 08:58 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's the amusing (or obnoxious) thing. I've voted to give him thread privs back a number of times. But when you've burned a bridge with nearly every mod here - past or present - it's pretty hard to convince anyone that you won't do it again.
I don’t find this believable, but if so, I appreciate it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:59 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
I don’t find this believable, but if so, I appreciate it.
This is why you don't have your thread privileges back. Just saying.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:59 AM 03-03-2022
Here's the thing:

If I were a mod, I'd probably lobby for giving you your thread privileges back. I'm a pretty forgiving person.

That being said, it's these kind of petty squabbles that made me resign from being a mod in the first place.

Take that FWIW.
Yeah, structured conversation and all, you and Twisted gave very good reasons why Clay is still around and those reasons were completely dismissed because well, the videos are cheesy.

This would make for a great "So you want to be a Mod" exercise, just throw them in a discussion like this and see how long it takes for their head to explode. :-)

Granted, we've taken a backseat to a lot of the bullshit in recent years or else we just over explain and give ourselves aneurysms trying to shove logic into holes that quickly spit it back into our face. Just close the gate.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
In defense of Clay, he’s one of the most entertaining, energetic, and enthusiastic people on this site for any number of reasons. For any bad that he might sometimes do here, he does plenty good in my view that exceeds it.

He’s part of the fabric of this board more than your standard member. And at least as far as I would be concerned (and I have no say in the matter, mind you) he deserves more leash than others.
Originally Posted by Monty:
I agree.
It isn't about longevity, it's about contribution. Like it or not, Clay contributes a lot to the community.
Add "my agree" to this sentiment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Make me a mod and I'll flex for you.

Come on...I've stated before I'm irrational and short tempered...I'd fit fit in perfectly.

I could be the Putin of CP!

(please don't ban me sir)
Political word... mod alert trigged:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:13 AM 03-03-2022
I'm just going to add this and then disappear from this thread for a while:

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:14 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It's pretty rare to see someone so upset over a simple warning that had zero consequences after such an obvious political post, to bring it up like 5 times across threads and forums over 2-3+ weeks..... we must be getting soft, because in the past you would have been renamed BigRedButthurt by now.
[Reply]
srvy 03-03-2022, 09:45 AM
This message has been deleted by srvy. Reason: mistake
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:59 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There is zero evidence whether you like or not, that Clay doesn't 100% believe what he posted.
And how was this verified?

Bieniemy failed in this situation, and everyone in the NFL knows it.

(1) (0:09–2nd) Timeout #1 by CIN at 00:09.

Bieniemy tells Mahomes he has a timeout left and they had five play calls lined up, two of which were runs that were never sent in.

The first play failed. Bieniemy then told Mahomes he had one timeout left, and to run play X, or take a field goal.

The narrative that Bieniemy only wanted a field goal is 100 percent false. Bieniemy called the play that resulted in a doomed pass to Hill, not Reid.

Mahomes then tried to call timeout, and the clock expired.

Bieniemy called the entire game. While Reid can chime in at any point and toss out a call, Bieniemy had full play-calling authority via his contract.

(2) Bieniemy and Mahomes get into it at half time, in the tunnel and in the locker room. There was in-the-face yelling before Reid and the other coaches stepped in. It happened again after the game. Any remaining confidence or trust in the relationship was broken at that point.

(3) Anyone who has played QB at a higher level will say the headset can’t be chaotic. Usually only one coach has access, but this goes unchecked by the NFL.

Unfortunately, those in-game moments where Mahomes is squeezing his helmet and receiving calls late, is due to multiple voices on the hot mic. This happened multiple times in 2021, and during the AFC Championship, it was chaotic, particularly before the final snap prior to halftime.

Nobody can say exactly when this happened but at one point during the AFC Championship, the following exchange took place after Bienemy called a play.

Reid: “No, run this”

Bieniemy: “What the ****.”

Kafka: “We’re blowing this game.”

Mahomes: “Call the ****ing play or I will.”

[Reply]
HayWire 10:13 AM 03-03-2022
Maybe I should be banned
If I am I then I am.

I've tried to avoid these discussions because for the most part they aren't worth it.

Kinda like begging for free food then critiquing the cook.

If saying Putin gets me banned, so be it. If saying trump gets me banned, so be it. If saying Biden gets me banned .....so be it.

At the end of the day (:-) what the fuck does it matter?

I "think" the mods point isn't about a word...it's more about intent and user history.

Just my 2 pennies
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:18 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Man, that was a long time ago.

I guess nobody changes. DeBerg is pretty cool though. I mean, the last thread on that screenshot was 4 years ago. You really had to dig didn’t ya? Lol
So … your supporting argument is that you haven’t started stupid threads since you were banned from starting threads?
[Reply]
2112 10:24 AM 03-03-2022
As a renowned and legendary secret agent in the intelligence community I am extremely disappointed in you. You should lead by example.
[Reply]
2112 10:25 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's pretty rare to see someone so upset over a simple warning that had zero consequences after such an obvious political post, to bring it up like 5 times across threads and forums over 2-3+ weeks..... we must be getting soft, because in the past you would have been renamed BigRedButthurt by now.
:-)
[Reply]
In58men 10:42 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
So … your supporting argument is that you haven’t started stupid threads since you were banned from starting threads?
Because everybody makes quality offseason threads here right?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:54 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by HayWire:

I "think" the mods point isn't about a word...it's more about intent and user history.

Just my 2 pennies
Ironically, people want to quibble about where the lines should be drawn after they're the ones forcing us to draw the lines for them become they can't resist bringing up politics.

It's not some power flex by the mods to go searching for posts to infract and people to ban.... it's us rolling our eyes at someone completely randomly saying so and so loves deep state and having to take action on it for consistency sake since it clearly breaks the rule, no matter if it's dead serious or for the lols.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 172
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172 >
Up