ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 221
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
loochy 08:51 AM 08-28-2014
2 weight fly fun!

Most of these came on a #10 stimulator or a #16 elk hair caddis. It was a fun day of dry action on a super lightweight rod.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:52 AM 08-28-2014
Where is that?
[Reply]
loochy 08:55 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Where is that?
Cimarron River, NM
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:56 AM 08-28-2014
This one has been making the rounds on Facebook.

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
This one has been making the rounds on Facebook.

Q

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:12 AM 08-28-2014
Damn, thats beautiful country loochy, the meandering little stream is right out of a storybook.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:15 AM 08-28-2014
The next big craze in fishing?

[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:17 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by loochy:
Cimarron River, NM
Nice. Most people don't think of that when they think of New Mexico.
[Reply]
loochy 09:18 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Damn, thats beautiful country loochy, the meandering little stream is right out of a storybook.
It's even better in person. The feel of the thin, dry, cool mountain air with the warm sunshine on my skin is amazing. Also, I paid to fish a private section of water that hadn't been fished in 2 weeks. I didn't see any other people while I was there.

One of the coolest things that happened is an eagle was flying around overhead and making the stereotypical eagle screech that echoed through the canyon. It was awesome stuff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 08-28-2014
It's even better in person. The feel of the thin, dry, cool mountain air with the warm sunshine on my skin is amazing. Also, I paid to fish a private section of water that hadn't been fished in 2 weeks. I didn't see any other people while I was there.

One of the coolest things that happened is an eagle was flying around overhead and making the stereotypical eagle screech that echoed through the canyon. It was awesome stuff.
Do they have any bigger fish there or all they are minnows?

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:19 AM 08-28-2014

Sounds incredible, spiritual even.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:20 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
I'm looking to buy my first pair of waders. Any suggestions? I'll be fishing the white river tail waters.
LL Bean breathable boot fit waders. All waders will leak on you eventually. LL Bean has a lifetime warranty. When they leak send them back and you get a new pair. I like boot fit because I find them easier to get on, more room in the foot area to add socks, etc, and you don't have to worry about gravel protectors and all that crap.
[Reply]
loochy 09:26 AM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Nice. Most people don't think of that when they think of New Mexico.
Nope. New Mexico isn't all desert and meth.

[Reply]
Al Czervik 09:14 PM 08-29-2014
Nope. New Mexico isn't all desert and meth.

Just spent a week down in Ruidoso last month.
Rained quite a bit but temp was nice and the country was beautiful....
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:55 PM 08-29-2014
We have been out on the Muddy MO fishing wing dikes for flat heads most of the summer. .................................................some pics
7 pounds IIRC?

.....38 inch Long beak Manning Gar

18 lbs. full of eggs........released

...........................................Funny fish vid

[Reply]
Page 74 of 221
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up