ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:45 AM 11-05-2023
One to steer clear of is Night of the Hunted

Conspiracy nutter, active shooter sniper outside of a gas station in the middle of nowhere vs west coast feminist who's trapped inside the gas station

They communicate back and forth over a walkie talkie with each trying to explain their "side" while he takes shots at her

Complete train wreck of an idea for a horror/thriller movie

Only thing going for it is if you squint hard enough Camille Rowe is b-side Margot Robbie and there's a few bits of gore but I'd avoid it altogether
[Reply]
Rausch 04:06 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Board mass watch party of Trickrtreat?
I was wondering if CP has done one of those Amazon watch along parties yet. Basically watching a movie with a side chat bar.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:30 PM 11-18-2023
The Nun 2 wasn’t as good as the first but had some decent, cheap jump scares if you’re into that sort of thing.

Also, they brought back Frenchie from the first one, which I thought was cool.
[Reply]
Otter 02:08 PM 11-23-2023
Smile

Watched it with the grown ups last with the lights off and it was pretty damn good and I pretty much consider myself a horror movie snob.

7/10
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:59 PM 11-23-2023
watched "Horsemen" with Dennis Quaid.

Was pretty decent, right up until one of the worst endings in recent memory.

Just amazingly horrible ending.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:59 PM 11-23-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
Smile

Watched it with the grown ups last with the lights off and it was pretty damn good and I pretty much consider myself a horror movie snob.

7/10
it was much better than I expected it to be. pretty well done IMO.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:14 PM 12-29-2023
Exorcist: Believer was enjoyable enough but doesn’t hold up when you start thinking about it..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:12 PM 12-30-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Exorcist: Believer was enjoyable enough but doesn’t hold up when you start thinking about it..

Spoiler!
Woof what an incoherent mess of a movie

Great Value brand Exorcist
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:20 PM 12-30-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Watched The Pope's Exorcist. The movie had potential but goddamn the writing sucked.

Not even the awesomeness of Russel Crowe could save this one. Crowe was his usual awesome self.

The writing/script was just....fucking stupid.

I actually enjoyed this one despite not liking exorcism movies in general.

Thought they might set up the Vatican Avengers at the end there lol
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:51 AM 01-02-2024
I was impressed with "Talk to Me," a low-budget Australian movie about teenagers who have parties where they use a zombie hand to let themselves get possessed for kicks. Needless to say, it does not end well.

Along the same line is "Brooklyn 45," a post-WWII seance movie where each person has their own dark secrets. The FX are a little Haunted-Mansion-ish but the actors are incredible.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:59 PM 01-02-2024
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I was impressed with "Talk to Me," a low-budget Australian movie about teenagers who have parties where they use a zombie hand to let themselves get possessed for kicks. Needless to say, it does not end well.

Along the same line is "Brooklyn 45," a post-WWII seance movie where each person has their own dark secrets. The FX are a little Haunted-Mansion-ish but the actors are incredible.
agreed on Talk to Me.

Could have easily steered into teenage horror tropes, but didnt.

Well made film.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:30 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
This looks legit soul crushing...

I watched this last night.

I needed an industrial-soap shower after that one.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:24 PM 01-25-2024
I have the weirdest boner right now...

[Reply]
Otter 03:13 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I watched this last night.

I needed an industrial-soap shower after that one.

Not as bad as 'Speak No Evil' but still creepy. I don't know if I'm getting older and softer or if horror movies are getting more clever.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:21 AM 03-07-2024
This maybe has some potential

[Reply]
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Up