ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 190
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:23 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Its the shittest NBA playoffs. None of the top 5 NBA players are playing in the Finals.
Who are your top 5 all around players?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:25 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The current top 3 is very clearly still LeBron, Durant, Curry. After that there can be some debate with Giannis, Harden, Kawhi, Doncic, AD, Jokic, and Embiid I'd say.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:28 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The current top 3 is very clearly still LeBron, Durant, Curry. After that there can be some debate with Giannis, Harden, Kawhi, Doncic, AD, Jokic, and Embiid I'd say.
Those top 3 really aren't very good defenders. I don't think overall there is much difference between those 3 and Leonard/Embid/Giannis. Booker is weak defensively as well so I wouldn't put him in that mix.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:30 PM 06-20-2021
Those top 3 really aren't very good defenders. I don't think overall there is much difference between those 3 and Leonard/Embid/Giannis. Booker is weak defensively as well so I wouldn't put him in that mix.
Yes but they're so good offensively still that you have to put them at top 3 overall (and yes, I think there's a clear difference between them and everyone else in terms of their ability to create offense).

If we're talking best offense/defense combinations in the league, it's Giannis/Kawhi/Embiid.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:33 PM 06-20-2021
Actually I'd put Doncic near their level offensively too but he's so bad defensively that he's a tier below them overall.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:35 PM 06-20-2021
LeBron, Durant, Curry, Kawai, and Luka. The top 3 make the NBA watchable.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:02 PM 06-20-2021
Fair enough. I've enjoyed watching the Suns play more than any other team but to each their own.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:06 PM 06-20-2021
Its the shittest NBA playoffs. None of the top 5 NBA players are playing in the Finals.
Lmao in what world is Giannis not top 5
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:11 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Lmao in what world is Giannis not top 5
He probably wouldn't have had Shaq top 5 in his day either because he couldn't shoot the 3 ball.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:16 PM 06-20-2021
Don’t know what PG is taking but he is a different player. Wow
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:23 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yea, the narrative is all about the outcome. If his feet had been a few inches further back for that buzzer beater at the end of regulation...

Would have rather seen the Nets advanced. I understand people's grip about super teams but KD is the most enjoyable player to watch. More fun than the Greek, IMO.

At least PG13 finally decided to show up. Hopefully CP makes it back in a timely manner and Embiid doesn't get any more banged up than he already is.
By the way, my Durant comment isn't meant to be taken seriously. I wrote it for two reasons. One-- he can go rape himself. I don't like him.

Two-- I hate this notion of "clutch" in sports. Every time I hear the word I cringe a bit, even when it involves players I like in any sport. It implies these "clutch" guys are built of something differently than others, whether through a buildup of nerve or just because they're born with a "clutch" trait/mindset that other players just don't have.

No professional athlete practices being "clutch." There aren't clutch exercises or things in practice. If it seems like you're clutch, it's either you're just that damned good, you're lucky, or a combination of the two. And there certainly isn't any stupid fucking "clutch gene" out there. Skip Bayless and his horseshit belief in magic needs to die in a fire.

I'm not saying BigCatDaddy believes in that stuff either, because "clutch" is just such a common word that can mean more broadly, "Nice, he makes plays under pressure," but that's just quibbling at that point.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:24 PM 06-20-2021
He probably wouldn't have had Shaq top 5 in his day either because he couldn't shoot the 3 ball.
Shaq was the best and most dominating player in the league during his prime and top 10 all time player. Shaq is the reason why Kobe Jeter has 3 rings and Kobe's bitch ass kept it from being more.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:24 PM 06-20-2021
Disagree with this part entirely. I LOVE to watch the young guys/teams mature and grow. The Hawks and Suns are both a blast. Hell, watching Terance Mann the other night was fun.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:28 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
By the way, my Durant comment isn't meant to be taken seriously. I wrote it for two reasons. One-- he can go rape himself. I don't like him.

Two-- I hate this notion of "clutch" in sports. Every time I hear the word I cringe a bit, even when it involves players I like in any sport. It implies these "clutch" guys do something different than everybody else to conveniently make the plays that need to be made more often.

The reality is they don't. No professional athlete practices being "clutch." There aren't clutch exercises or things in practice. If it seems like you're clutch, it's either you're just that damned good, you're lucky, or a combination of the two. And there certainly isn't any stupid ****ing "clutch gene" out there. Skip Bayless and his horseshit belief in magic needs to die in a fire.

I'm not saying BigCatDaddy believes in that stuff either, because "clutch" is just such a common word that can mean more broadly, "Nice, he makes plays under pressure," but that's just quibbling at that point.
Some guys such as Mahomes seem to rise to occasions where Some guys like say Aaron Rodgers seem to not even of both are very talented. Some may be by luck and some may be guys just don't handle that much pressure well.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:31 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Disagree with this part entirely. I LOVE to watch the young guys/teams mature and grow. The Hawks and Suns are both a blast. Hell, watching Terance Mann the other night was fun.
Totally agree and I think that's what made basketball so much better in the 80s and 90s.. You can identify with a team and watch the maturation process year after year. Same as with college back before all the 1 or 2 and dones.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 190
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Up