ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 35
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:33 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Does anyone else think it’s a good thing that Veach isn’t totally transparent?

Would it be a good thing if he said he was going to attack the DL and then every team knew that was our priority in free agency and the draft and planned accordingly?

Would it be a good thing if Veach was allegedly never going to draft a corner high because he could always find value in the later rounds and every team knew that and planned accordingly?

Did any team think we were taking McDuffie when we traded up? Absolutely not. Isn’t that a good thing?

Zig and zag while so many of you are left in the dust sobbing. It may or may not work but the guy isn’t exactly operating in haphazard fashion without purpose.
Is Veach really a wizard or does CP go over the top trying to predict his next move to the point that an alternative reality is painted up?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:36 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not really.
Even when they're not expected to, they still contend. As long as they have Pat they are contenders.

Sorry to burst the bubble.
[Reply]
-King- 08:37 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Does anyone else think it’s a good thing that Veach isn’t totally transparent?

Would it be a good thing if he said he was going to attack the DL and then every team knew that was our priority in free agency and the draft and planned accordingly?

Would it be a good thing if Veach was allegedly never going to draft a corner high because he could always find value in the later rounds and every team knew that and planned accordingly?

Did any team think we were taking McDuffie when we traded up? Absolutely not. Isn’t that a good thing?

Zig and zag while so many of you are left in the dust sobbing. It may or may not work but the guy isn’t exactly operating in haphazard fashion without purpose.
The Bills knew we were getting McDuffie. So yeah....I don't think it shocked the world exactly.

He's a good GM. But jeez some of you keep acting like if you disagree with any move, we think he should be fired. Like sheesh, calm down a bit, it's just a difference of opinion.
[Reply]
-King- 08:38 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Carlos Dunlap is 33 years old like Ingram and managed to get 8.5 sacks last season. So the suggestion that there isn't any decent DE's out there is bs.
I'll take him for a season. Would be better than trying to trade for someone at this point. Think he'd be solid for us.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:41 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Even when they're not expected to, they still contend. As long as they have Pat they are contenders.

Bryan Busby next February- We've only won 1 super bowl with Patrick. Fire Andy!
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:46 PM 05-15-2022
DLine reminds me of a cross between the steel curtain an Octomoms diaphragm
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:47 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
The Bills knew we were getting McDuffie. So yeah....I don't think it shocked the world exactly.

He's a good GM. But jeez some of you keep acting like if you disagree with any move, we think he should be fired. Like sheesh, calm down a bit, it's just a difference of opinion.
No, the Bills were afraid we were getting McDuffie because that's the guy they wanted. It's different being able to triangulate before and after a trade. Before and they may have tried to trade up themselves.

And I hardly think Veach is infallible. And if we go into this next season with this DL, it'll be a disappointment.

I'm arguing that it's too soon to judge.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:54 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

Just like GB and Rodgers!!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:58 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I recognize that the rookie pass rusher is a good investment in the DL. However, I could have done the same things Veach has done to improve the DL this off season thus far. We all could have. I think that's where the confusion is. I expected more at this point. Maybe that was an unrealistic expectation on my part. I just saw how he attacked the OL last off season and expected the same kind of results with the DL this off season.
Yeah Veatch, why didn't you find an instant starter (borderline pro bowler) DE/edge pass rusher in the sixth round. Are you even trying?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Just like GB and Rodgers!!
Umm they are contenders year in and year out.

Choking in the playoffs doesn’t change that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:04 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Every year? From about 2012 until whenever Lafleur was hired they were about a 10-11 team which is what I have the Chiefs going this year. That's a playoff team but not a super bowl contender. You're not going to the super bowl with a bunch of rookies in your secondary and guys like Mike Dana/Malik Herring as your edge. Get real.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:07 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Schottenheimering intenstifies!!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:16 PM 05-15-2022
Man, Chiefs will have a bunch of day three picks again next year. Two from the Tyreek trade, Ingram comp pick, plus the other comp picks we'll receive. I simply cannot fault Veach for this.

It's well known Ingram wants a lot of playing time and the Chiefs just drafted George K. I don't really think that had much to do with it, I think it's all about money. Dolphins have been over paying for players for a long time. They also seem to love sniping our guys. I smell a rivalry brewing, especially with Tommy boy there next year.

Ingram is a big loss though. He had a huge impact. This hurts.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:19 PM 05-15-2022
If we wanted Ingram badly he would have been signed. This tells me Benny Varch has something in the works.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:22 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
If we wanted Ingram badly he would have been signed. This tells me Benny Varch has something in the works.
Or we miscalculated the wunderkind QB FA dividend.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 35
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up