Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:07 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I'm not a fan of Drink and he definitely should not be calling plays, but this loss is on unfathomably stupid players - not Drink.

Drink played that end-of-game scenario exactly as he should have if you want to take losing in regulation time completely out of the equation.

Drink didn't miss a chip shot FG.
Drink didn't mindbogglingly jump offsides for a second time against a terrible kicker.
Drink didn't inexplicably reach the ball into the end zone when he could've kept it tucked and just fallen across the goal line.

Faurot Field is built on an indian burial mound and the curse follows the team wherever it goes. That's the only plausible explanation at this point.
Give me a ****ing break with this shit. He's responsible for recruiting the kicker, the defender, the runner with the ball and every other player on the field. He's also responsible for coaching each of those players so they understand game situations and don't make dumb mistakes. All of it is ultimately on him and he failed spectacularly.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:12 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Give me a ****ing break with this shit. He's responsible for recruiting the kicker, the defender, the runner with the ball and every other player on the field. He's also responsible for coaching each of those players so they understand game situations and don't make dumb mistakes. All of it is ultimately on him and he failed spectacularly.
Plus we couldn't score more than 14 points when our D gave us plenty of opportunities.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:36 PM 09-24-2022
imagine the scrambling about by the wealthy donor alumni who were fooled into this hire 3 years ago knowing full well they have to foot the bill to oust this one only to be told the net one is the answer.

Hard times continue in Columbia
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09-24-2022, 06:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Rams Fan.
dlphg9 06:45 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
imagine the scrambling about by the wealthy donor alumni who were fooled into this hire 3 years ago knowing full well they have to foot the bill to oust this one only to be told the net one is the answer.

Hard times continue in Columbia
He's getting another year
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:47 PM 09-24-2022
14/24 179 yds 1 INT

Brady Cook is going to keep getting playing time and hasn't earned shit. Eli is obsessed with running turds out there at QB. Gonna get the stupid mother fucker fired.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:47 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
but raised a pussy
a vital pussy!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:47 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
14/24 179 yds 1 INT

Brady Cook is going to keep getting playing time and hasn't earned shit. Eli is obsessed with running turds out there at QB. Gonna get the stupid mother ****er fired.
Nah, Drink's got through next season one way or another.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:05 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Nah, Drink's got through next season one way or another.
I said he'd get another year, but sticking with a shit QB will be the reason for his downfall.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:17 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I said he'd get another year, but sticking with a shit QB will be the reason for his downfall.
I don't see why he doesn't give Macon a shot.

I understand why you don't want to burn Horn's RS (maybe give him some action near end of the season).
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:21 PM 09-24-2022
Lol. Drinks not going anywhere for a couple years. They’re gonna give him a couple years with a team full of his own recruits. He’ll be here through 2024 at least.

That said, he better get this QB shit figured out quick or it will ultimately be his downfall. Drink and Co. better hope Sam Horn is everything they think he can be.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:22 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Lol. Drinks not going anywhere for a couple years. They’re gonna give him a couple years with a team full of his own recruits. He’ll be here through 2024 at least.

That said, he better get this QB shit figured out quick or it will ultimately be his downfall. Drink and Co. better hope Sam Horn is everything they think he can be.
He has at least next year minimum before a decision would be made.

Unless he shows tangible progress in 2023 (8 wins), not sure he lasts much longer.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:29 PM 09-24-2022
Like I said, I think they’ll give him through 2024. That gives him 2 full years of his own recruits and if he’s not showing progress by then, yeah, he’s likely gone.

The man can absolutely recruit, but doesn’t do much good if you can’t be a good gameday coach and get the ball in the hands of your best players. Burden and Lovett need the ball A LOT. If you can’t scheme them open with your offense, then you better have a QB that can get them the ball. Cook is not that guy. Pretty sure Macon’s not that guy either. They better hope Sam Horn is, but we’re likely not gonna find that out till next year.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:31 PM 09-24-2022
Why would you give him through 2024?

He didn't inherit a complete dumpster fire, despite what some here may think.

Recruiting doesn't mean shit if you can't develop players.

Bazelak played injured and Drink pretty much scape goated all of last year's issues on his play by running him out there while injured.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:39 PM 09-24-2022
I'm not sold Drinkwitz gets another year. Going winless in SEC play, which is likely at this point, would seem like a terminable move.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:42 PM 09-24-2022
Saw the news. Really don’t think much of the fumble, it happens. And he was bracing to get smacked on it. No biggie.

The FG kicker tho needed a code red performed on him by the entire locker room
[Reply]
Page 31 of 109
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up