ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2568 of 2693
« First < 1568206824682518255825642565256625672568 2569257025712572257826182668 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:47 PM 12-03-2023
Ugh.

Keisean Nixon on his late INT:

“We were watching mannerism tape earlier in the week and (Mahomes) tapped his knee and they put two off the ball and I'm like, 'Oh, I've seen this before.' I knew he was gonna run it and he ran it.” pic.twitter.com/NWOrNKb3yc

— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) December 4, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:49 PM 12-03-2023
This also gives you a little peek into how damn competitive the NFL is.

They have people putting together mannerism tapes.

:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:51 PM 12-03-2023
So that means the play was changed at the line to a pass play?

I don’t know why Mahomes or Andy puts faith in Skyy over Pop at any point in the game, especially the fourth quarter.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:54 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ugh.

I’m sure such scouting is quite common. He also shouldn’t be telling the media that. It only allows the Chiefs and Mahomes to adjust going forward.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:57 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’m sure such scouting is quite common. He also shouldn’t be telling the media that. It only allows the Chiefs and Mahomes to adjust going forward.
Like in baseball, it’s greatly appreciated when an opposing team is kind enough to point it out in the postgame.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:58 PM 12-03-2023
Yeah. This is on Patrick.
Yeah. A season full of miscommunications and badly run routes is on the best QB in history and not the WRs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:58 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
So that means the play was changed at the line to a pass play?

I don’t know why Mahomes or Andy puts faith in Skyy over Pop at any point in the game, especially the fourth quarter.
This is, sadly, perhaps a case of Andy's loyalty to a player or coach going too far. We've seen it before.

Have to hope Skyy isn't relied on in any critical situations going forward.

Watson can execute that play better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:59 PM 12-03-2023
Yeah. A season full of miscommunications and badly run routes is on the best QB in history and not the WRs.
This particular play was on Patrick.

He should never have checked, nor thrown it the way he did. The DB had him dead to rights.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:00 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Like in baseball, it’s greatly appreciated when an opposing team is kind enough to point it out in the postgame.
It certainly makes it a lot easier to stop one of your pitchers from tipping when you’ve been told he’s doing it.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:00 AM 12-04-2023
Too many turnovers this year. Gotta protect the ball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:03 AM 12-04-2023
This particular play was on Patrick.

He should never have checked, nor thrown it the way he did. The DB had him dead to rights.
Yeah, I’m not quite buying that either. Moore clearly thought he was gonna go back shoulder and stopped and Mahomes thought he was running all the way through and threw over the top. This is far from the first time something like this has happened with them this season too.

The fact that guys like Skyy Moore and MVS have never once been on the same page with him is almost certainly not a Mahomes issue. It probably says a lot more about the level of player they are (if the constant drops, lack of separation and poorly run routes weren’t enough).
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:50 AM 12-04-2023
Yeah, I’m not quite buying that either. Moore clearly thought he was gonna go back shoulder and stopped and Mahomes thought he was running all the way through and threw over the top. This is far from the first time something like this has happened with them this season too.

The fact that guys like Skyy Moore and MVS have never once been on the same page with him is almost certainly not a Mahomes issue. It probably says a lot more about the level of player they are (if the constant drops, lack of separation and poorly run routes weren’t enough).
The Dback was over the top. The only legitimate excuse is Mahomes didn't see him. If he did he should have thrown the back shoulder or not thrown it at all. You can still hate Sky, but that throw was an awful decision.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 AM 12-04-2023
He should have handed the ball off, and the fact the DB knew the tell that they checked into a pass is all you need to know.

At the very least he should have thrown it harder and flatter to the outside, and it looks like that's what Skyy was expecting.

If Skyy had not stopped his route, he has a better chance to catch the ball, but it's still a very low percentage play compared to the two other options.

I'd honestly give Patrick 75 percent of the blame there for checking into a doomed idea the Packers saw coming and then trying to loft it.

Patrick had two chances to go win the game and failed. Sometimes he is mortal.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 12-04-2023
He should have handed the ball off, and the fact the DB knew the tell that they checked into a pass is all you need to know.

At the very least he should have thrown it harder and flatter to the outside, and it looks like that's what Skyy was expecting.

If Skyy had not stopped his route, he has a better chance to catch the ball, but it's still a very low percentage play compared to the two other options.

I'd honestly give Patrick 75 percent of the blame there for checking into a doomed idea the Packers saw coming and then trying to loft it.

Patrick had two chances to go win the game and failed. Sometimes he is mortal.
Feels like it was the same playcall that Skyy scored on in Jacksonville but Mahomes put a little more air on it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:02 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Feels like it was the same playcall that Skyy scored on in Jacksonville but Mahomes put a little more air on it.
No, that was a route against straight man coverage with the DB right on Skyy.

This was a pick play and the DB didn't get picked because he saw it coming.

I just hate this fucking call. They should have run it and kept taking time off the clock.
[Reply]
Page 2568 of 2693
« First < 1568206824682518255825642565256625672568 2569257025712572257826182668 > Last »
Up